Thinking About Playing Resto Sham In MoP

• Thread starter xxHolylipzqtxoxotwinkerxx
  • Start date

xxHolylipzqtxoxotwinkerxx

Any suggestions on what class might be more solid for heals? Which race do you think I should pick also? If enough people say "go sham, idiote" I may just delete my pally and roll one. The reason I'm not turning this into a poll is because I think they create too much biasism controversy. Please keep the trolling to a mininum.

Best Regards,

Idiote

Last edited:
From what i've heard Hpally will still have the strongest heals in Mop, however Shamans get get a defensive dispel (only in bracket) and their heals will be only a little behind pallys

I'm rolling a shaman, but Hpal will still (and always be) my main.

Delete your Pally? Don't be dum.

I'd probably go with Goblin for the sake of jumping.

u have a sneaky quote as sig, that disqualifies you sry

If you're not going to give me a suggestion, then just leave please.

From what i've heard Hpally will still have the strongest heals in Mop, however Shamans get get a defensive dispel (only in bracket) and their heals will be only a little behind pallys

I'm rolling a shaman, but Hpal will still (and always be) my main.

Ah, do you think shamans might have pallies on mana? I'm a midfielder, myself, and I strive off healing with the little mana i have left for the longest time. Played druid all through wow and let me tell you, it wasn't easy. Basically if you didnt have mana as a druid you were as good as useless or dead. Is there anyway that anyone can make some kind of a formula for each class that includes regen, heals, mobilitiy, and heal utility? :p Sorry if I'm coming off as confusing but I really just want to make the right decision.

Last edited:
druid healer my boy

Heh, think so? I was planning on just playing him come MoP wargames but do you reckon that druids will have that strong of heals in the gulch?

no matter what class you roll cancer will still beat you on the meters

Dude, what did i ever do to you? Honestly? I would say something right now but im not about to get banned for saying something so IGNORANT like you. you constantly give me grief for being #2 to kancer and i already told you that mael said we're of equal skill so please just leave my thread if youre not going to be straight with me. if youre straight with me ill be straight with you.

Ah, do you think shamans might have pallies on mana? I'm a midfielder, myself, and I strive off healing with the little mana i have left for the longest time. Played druid all through wow and let me tell you, it wasn't easy. Basically if you didnt have mana as a druid you were as good as useless or dead. Is there anyway that anyone can make some kind of a formula for each class that includes regen, heals, mobilitiy, and heal utility? :p Sorry if I'm coming off as confusing but I really just want to make the right decision.

I don't have the beta myself, but from what I've heard no healers go OOM. Mobility wise i'm certain shamans get instant ghost wolf, while pallys get 10% movement speed per point of holy power + a baseline 10% movement increase without HP so 3 hp = 40% movement increase.

With this said Hpallys will move at +40% speed while sitting on 3 holy power, but playing a hpal you know you WoG alot when healing and won't always have that movement increase, while Shamans can shift into form whenever, BUT they can't cast while moving that fast. I'd say mobility wise they will be about equal.

Overall utility i'd say shamans will win.
Pallys lose BoP, a huge defensive cooldown usable on another teammate. (We get bubble, which will allow us to freecast on teammates for 8 seconds but sometimes BoP will save your priests idk i'd personally rather have bubble)

Shamans get a defensive dispel this no questions asked will be one of the main reasons shamans will be wanted/needed in WSG
I predict the premade heal setup will be 2x Rsham (1 O /1 D) 1x Hpal 1x Priest, and they will mostly be dispel bots (much like disc priests in 85 rbgs)

I'm definitely rolling a shaman soon, but i still plan on mainly playing my pally .

Awesome write-up. Thanks buddy. And priests will stay about the same I presume? I'm probably not going down that road unless big changes come to balance out the changes with shams.

I'd stick to playing your Paladin since you're so great at it, Idiote. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Its like this man, all healers got a buff, Druids/Sham are currently the strongest healers.

Druid/Sham > Pally > Priest

No healer go oom right now so basically team CC are req'd to get any kill due to the size of the heals and the damage reduction due to the base stat 30% resil mitigating a shit load of damage.

MoP will make everything viable if they keep everything the way it is on the Beta as of now. Premade comps will be back hunters will be gone. Pretty impressed from what I've seen so far, 1v1's are taking about 20 minutes :)

augiddin is an ethug, dont mind him

on topic, I am rolling a resto sham but it looks like all healers will be very viable with the boosts to mobility + free resil.

I'd stick to playing your Paladin since you're so great at it, Idiote. :D

Das, you wouldn't know what to do with your strafing keys if they werent attached to your keyboard.

Its like this man, all healers got a buff, Druids/Sham are currently the strongest healers.

Druid/Sham > Pally > Priest

No healer go oom right now so basically team CC are req'd to get any kill due to the size of the heals and the damage reduction due to the base stat 30% resil mitigating a shit load of damage.

MoP will make everything viable if they keep everything the way it is on the Beta as of now. Premade comps will be back hunters will be gone. Pretty impressed from what I've seen so far, 1v1's are taking about 20 minutes :)

Interesting, I might just have to play my druid then :confused:

If you gonna roll a shaman, go tauren.

Duly noted. I was considering troll for the xtra haste on cd for midhealing since ill already have a fair amount of resil but the stomp would be good for getting an extra cast off from melee

Last edited:
Duly noted. I was considering troll for the xtra haste on cd for midhealing since ill already have a fair amount of resil but the stomp would be good for getting an extra cast off from melee

Tauren or Panda for shaman IMO, troll haste won't be *as* useful anymore, since Healing Surge (1.5sec cast) and Riptide will be only heals. Panda gouge is very nice as you can get off 2 HS before it falls off (LoS, gouge rogue, heal up), but stomp is a nice peel.

Also, people seem to be overlooking that Shaman will be able to dispel all magic (and curses), while no other class can do that by 19. Shaman also has offensive dispels and interrupts. This will bring a lot to premade-level play, as teams will have to diversify a lot more to be effective, taking shaman, and thus warlock (for UA, STA buff; priests don't buff STA @ 19); not just hunters and hpally *cough*.

Tauren or Panda for shaman IMO, troll haste won't be *as* useful anymore, since Healing Surge (1.5sec cast) and Riptide will be only heals. Panda gouge is very nice as you can get off 2 HS before it falls off (LoS, gouge rogue, heal up), but stomp is a nice peel.

Also, people seem to be overlooking that Shaman will be able to dispel all magic (and curses), while no other class can do that by 19. Shaman also has offensive dispels and interrupts. This will bring a lot to premade-level play, as teams will have to diversify a lot more to be effective, taking shaman, and thus warlock (for UA, STA buff; priests don't buff STA @ 19); not just hunters and hpally *cough*.

ah, for sure man. ill definitely consider goin tauren now for horde. my only concern is that the tauren lacks the goblin jump. uh, how would you compare the two in effectiveness? I just think that the extra *blink* will allow me to kite freely into ghost wolf form and have my dps peel off any intruders that happen to be on me.

Users who are viewing this thread