US The Official Twink Cup 2019 - Powered by ResurgentESB

@Livingforce Classic is pretty hype, I'm just waiting for your brother to do rogue v rogue duels vs an orc rogue, then go WTF as his cheapshot and kidney get resisted xDDD poggers

Fuck this joke bfa bullshit, classic is coming let’s go boys!!!!
Both versions of WoW are going to be terrible. Classic is being so overhyped is going to kill itself.

But if we want to talk about good MMOs nowadays, ESO and FFXIV are fun asf. :D

This shit is hilarious. Is this what the tiwnk cup is? Bickering over what day the tournament is held. Goddam boys, common sense tells you not everyone can be accommodated for every little real life thing. You all act like such hard asses in game but cry like a little girl if things don't go your way.

The date June 29th has been known for some time, there had been no outcry to change it unless it was in DMs and some funky tunky discords, the date was also put on the Twink Cup trailer, which is still being posted all over ResurgentESB's stream of the Korean Arena World Championship, everythings being advertised for that date, then suddenly the date changes and multiple members of each team can't make it, is that just people crying that things dont go their way?

If the dates stay as the new revised august ones, twink cup is NOT happening.

The date June 29th has been known for some time, there had been no outcry to change it unless it was in DMs and some funky tunky discords, the date was also put on the Twink Cup trailer, which is still being posted all over ResurgentESB's stream of the Korean Arena World Championship, everythings being advertised for that date, then suddenly the date changes and multiple members of each team can't make it, is that just people crying that things dont go their way?

If the dates stay as the new revised august ones, twink cup is NOT happening.
lsn + one team said they werent playing if wasnt in august
mby pizza cant play till then
:)
regardless just unlucky that it was left so long to change so much so that we cant field the same team

yo gg guys

I don't think the date should be a majority vote by the team's leaders as any conflict with schedules will result in teams dropping out of an already sparse tournament with nobody seemingly around to replace them, also i'm not exactly keen on the idea of teams that dont have full rosters being able to make decisions as they're not guaranteed (well no team is but unfilled ones more so) to stay signed up until the date.

Take spit for example, they dont have a full roster (to my knowledge) and are reacting badly to decisions which they've apparently had a say in, it wouldnt come as a shock if they dropped out in the next week or two (i hope they dont) and the rules that they've voted on wont then be up for discussion again.

With 4 teams, every vote accounts for a huge percentage of a majority decision (25% if ur a dumbass), unsure how you handle 50/50 decisions or if organizers have their own vote or w/e but it doesnt seem ideal to work like that.

GSC seem to be pulling out due to the dates, Spit seem to be losing members due to the Allied Race rule, something definitely needs a revision and quick or this tournament wont happen.

If the dates available are picked based on your broadcasting team's availability that's your issue that you need to deal with and not the participants of the cup, you don't need to use the Resurgent ESB team and banner for this tournament, you could always pull out the members who cant make certain dates and use community figures who have helped in the past to make this tournament happen.

Again, I have no idea what's going on behind closed doors and this could all be speculation but it's definitely what it looks like to an outsider.
I'll be frank with you.

When i initially created this rules and the date of the Twink Cup, people cried about the rules and the date saying it was a joke and that the decisions were uninformed.

Two weeks ago, i held a Q&A where approximately 50 people were in attendance. The people present concocted an idea for a plan, which was to revise a few of the rules and the date of the Twink Cup.

The way this was done, was all of the team leaders were submitted a form with a multiple choice answer, of which comprised of four different dates for the Twink Cup to be held. Through majority vote, the date that came into play was the date specified in the official post update comment that I posted. Dan from GSC said that August isn't ideal for his team, but his team will be able to attend any of the dates put forward for the event. Hairytreeman from RI said the same thing. Darkxd from LSN said that his team could only make an August date. SPLIT said that they could make two dates, of which one of them was the august date that we have landed on.

With that being said, it was a mutual consensus. The Resurgent Staff can make every single date that was put forward, and are willing to be flexible even further.

Then comes the allied races, intially there was ONLY Darkxd from LSN initially who objected against allied races being being allowed, the rest of the leaders were neutral and some leaders stating specifically they do not have a preference. Which meant the vote went in favour of BANNING allied races. From there, the post update got posted. It became very apparently that the team leaders didn't go away and discuss the matters with their teams AS I ASKED THEM TO DO SO INITIALLY, AND THEY AGREED TO DO. They spoke on behalf of their teams and for the most part, most of the team leaders were wrong in their decision making.

Once again, it now comes back across my desk that I have to address issues that when left to the community - they were unable to solve.

I'd just like to highlight that every single year that i've organised a Twink Cup, it always ended once everything was done that everybody really enjoyed it. I think i'll go back to adopting my old strategy of making all of the decisions myself - uninfluenced by other peoples ideologies because as proven in this simple assignment - having the community involved doesn't make anything easier. With that being said, I am going to make my own adjustments to the rules to how i see to be fit and that will be final.

I appreciate your feedback D, and likewise to other people who put back some constructive feedback and questioning. It helps, to a degree.

I'll be making an update within the next 12 hours.

well i know for a fact 4 gsc people cant play, this date will also be during a new raid tier which for anyone who raids in a guild will be a problem
Imagine playing pve lol its for noobs, regards from NollTvåTre enjoy playing with our secret agent saboteur canexx aka Alexander the pepega

1. LSN says unless gfed shit is banned they aren't playing > Rules Changed
2. LSN want Kul'Tiran banned because they got shit on by it in wargames, Magically 3 to 1 votes for it to be banned > Rules Changed > People aren't happy???
3. LSN says unless August date they aren't playing > Rules Changed > now other teams can't make it???

ThinkingFace

1. LSN says unless gfed shit is banned they aren't playing > Rules Changed
2. LSN want Kul'Tiran banned because they got shit on by it in wargames, Magically 3 to 1 votes for it to be banned > Rules Changed > People aren't happy???
3. LSN says unless August date they aren't playing > Rules Changed > now other teams can't make it???

ThinkingFace

ofc gfed items such as 13 sp to bracers etc should be banned, same with gfed pets (specifically 25% ms pet)
Kul'tiran should be banned, because it is not meant to be a thing at 19s (they start at lvl 20), also knock should not be a thing at 19s.
Dan from GSC said that August isn't ideal for his team, but his team will be able to attend any of the dates put forward for the event. Hairytreeman from RI said the same thing.
there you go, date was agreed upon as you can see

Users who are viewing this thread