The Current state of 19 twinking...

saxxon

saxxon
Founder
As most of us know, 19 twinking has always had its ups and downs, influxes and decreases in activity etc, but with 5.4 coming up and some major changes occuring, it's hard to say if it will really be able to survive the late Pandarian patch.

I think we need to spread awareness and increase the public image of 19 twinking, we should be posting on not only twink info but the battleground forums. There's a thread located here and if everyone could take two minutes to make a post and attempt to max out a thread like the old days I think it would do wonders for the bracket as well as its activity. 15-19 Bracket Official Thread - Forums - World of Warcraft

Obviously there's been some tenseness within the public and the current changes of the moderating team, and I've been well informed that if you dislike it, then leave! We need to realise that this website is a business and the owner of this website, though fair and reasonable, is not focused on the individual aspect of each community.. That is up for us to create, and the moderators to maintain there order in, if there is some colloquial differences between us and them we shouldn't expect it to be in favor of the public.

Lets not let this once fantastic bracket die out... With skirmishes in the near future we should be honing our skills through either warsong or wargames, we cannot allow patch 5.4 to kill our beloved bracket, nor can we allow disagreements with Admins and other staff members of the site do the same thing.

Thank you very much!

I honestly think that the way people are going about the upcoming changes are going to hurt the bracket more than the changes themselves. Everyone saying "gg 19s are dead rip" etc are causing panic in the community and people are already saying how they're going to quit.

This bracket has gone through so many changes and I feel that people should see these changes as an opportunity to really do what you want to do. If that means move on or gear your toon for survivability, it does 't matter.

We are gaining a great opportunity to gear and play our Twinks however we want to for the first time in a while.

There will always be people playing 19s. Whether it be wsg, arenas or world PvP. 19s always bounce back and laugh about when we thought it was over. It's just going to be another phase.

I do agree that with 5.4 we should see about strengthening our numbers. Twinks play a great role in a serious pvpers game when they get sick of endgame temporarily.

I know my new RBG team will nearly all have 19s as it is a great way to practice all the coordination you will need for endgame.

The blizz forums are great for publicity but if we are really looking for results it starts on your realm. When you find someone who is willing to play 19s and you help gear them and play with them that's where the real strength comes from. After building a duo you gain so much exposure on your home realm that it's almost impossible to not spark interest in a few others.

Through doing 90 RBGs I've turned a few players on to 19s as well. Most of the typical 90 crew don't know about the basics that we have mastered and it sure makes the difference between a good PvPer and an amazing one. I often times teach my team about scroll-clicking, backstraffing and fake casting.

Another thing that helps with exposure is merely leveling toons through bgs and telling others. Newer players don't even think of twinking as an option and as a result can be very interested. I had 19s before my main was 60 :3

Just some food for thought. Not trying to cure cancer in this post or anything, just hoping to spark some ideas others can relate to and then chose to act upon. I will always love 19s and I'm not scared. Worst case scenario it will just be a new chapter in my twinking story. If the change is for the worst, so be it, but I see nothing other than possibilities and opportunity to change it up in my game, but that's just me being optimistic.

Past my bed time!

Cheers everybody and good evening,
Mocha

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it is a bit of semantics.

19s may stay active, but when they say "dead" they are talking about the quality of the game and its' mechanics drop to the point where it is virtually unplayable.

I'm sure there are a few people that know what I am getting at, but I'll leave this here for those who don't.

P.S. I understand that some are concerned about the publicity of negativity but if a game becomes that reliant upon hype it should most likely just die out and end on a good note rather than slowly falling into the oblivion.

I have been away from the 19 bracket since wotlk, I deleted my 19 a long time ago, what is happening in 5.4 thats going to do damage to this bracket?

I have been away from the 19 bracket since wotlk, I deleted my 19 a long time ago, what is happening in 5.4 thats going to do damage to this bracket?

People are worried about the enchants scaling down and how OP its gonna be.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

It bothers me that you have to make a thread like this just so you can continue ignoring the obvious: no one in this bracket is willing to do what it takes to make this bracket good.

If you are under the impression that this bracket was good at any point during MoP or Cata, you're lost and should probably ask someone else for directions.

Users who are viewing this thread