Tence's SL Hpally guide or "oh god not another xpac where he thinks hes a resto shaman"

for me it works best to apply the mog to a set i can, save it as a named mog, swap in the wrong armor item, reselect named mog, then apply. n yeah, as martin said, has to be applying the aesthetics of a piece labeled cosmetic.

Hi. Is your guide up to date for making a 20 holy paladin now? I have not played shadowlands or 20s, and it seems like now is a great time to start. Thanks!

Word Chops its late here in europe. Well The Essence Focuser is not the highest int available. A green bfa axe gives 19 int and 7 offstats, but can proc a gem slot making it 21 int if u put a 2int/2versa gem in it. Also there is ilevel 28 versions of Zealot Blade that gives 21 int. I play alot of hpala myself and its important to remeber to gear accourding to your play style imo. One example could be "Sabatos of Erekem" they provide 10 versa and 1int socket bonus, for me they are just too good to miss.

Word Chops its late here in europe. Well The Essence Focuser is not the highest int available. A green bfa axe gives 19 int and 7 offstats, but can proc a gem slot making it 21 int if u put a 2int/2versa gem in it. Also there is ilevel 28 versions of Zealot Blade that gives 21 int. I play alot of hpala myself and its important to remeber to gear accourding to your play style imo. One example could be "Sabatos of Erekem" they provide 10 versa and 1int socket bonus, for me they are just too good to miss.
Ah, yea. Niether of those are new though. sockets ilvl 25 BFA greens and the wotlk boots have both been around since pre-patch.

I'd chalk that up and more a gearing preference dispute than an update being missed. Tence doesnt play much anymore so I was gonna jump in an make some cheeky edits if something new had come up.

Wep change is correct and I edited the op.

As for the boots gotta remember that 1 socketed gear doesn't actually provide the bonus (or at least didn't since I last logged in). I can't remember how much verse is equal to 1 int (3 verse to 1 int jumps out in my mind for some reason) but its essentially trading 2 verse for 7 haste (10 verse on boots - 2 verse from the lost 2int/2verse gem slot = 8 verse, and then 6 verse for the int difference from the extra slot), which imo doesn't seem worth.

I never said this was an end all be all guide, just a proven set/style that worked well for me this xpac (and the overall stat weights and playstyle strats over the years).
[doublepost=1631764478,1631764440][/doublepost]
Hijacking thread to say. @tence come back! <3

Maybe one day friendo

unfortunately, no they don't.
[makes an appointment to retouch the "1-socket bonuses don't work" tattoo on his forehead]

Is it possible they give less than 1 int and then scale up in BGs? Because I found this interesting and wanted to try it because it seemed to check out including some 2 socket items.

Because outside bgs i am getting that result too
gröna skor utanför bgs.jpg
blues shoes world.jpg

I got the boots just to test this so they dont have enchant thats why stamina drops.

But if I enter a BG.

gröna skor bgs.jpg
blue suede shoes bgs.jpg

The boots do give an extra point of int it appears to me atleast in bgs. The choker of betrayal behaved the same way.

Last edited:
i did suspect this mechanic was the culprit of this bug.
i just never bothered to test too many 1-socket BoPs to see if they gave enough of a decimal point to round up to a full 1.0 in BGs. good find!

As a disclaimer, this is just my personal take on gearing choices and generally how to min/max stats for best performance in a bg setting.

neck: choker of the betrayal (essentially trading 4 int over 13 haste 8 verse, which is a lot but with the rest of the build the haste isnt really needed and the int is)

-this will put you at about 28% haste, 23% verse, and 207 int outside bgs without flask

I just can’t justify this neck Tence. The versa/haste ratio is completely interchangeable on the BOE gear depending on what you have, so your not trading 4 int for 13 haste 8 versa your trading 4 int for 21 secondaries that could potentially be versa. That’s just crazy.

For example my rebuilt Paladin https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kelthuzad/juno If I use your neck I will be trading 19 versa for the 4 int. (would need to change versa gems to haste to maintain the 28%) Even if the bonus int counts inside BGs that’s still 1 int per nearly 4 versa.

Iam using the AD shield and ring also that’s an even greater potential versa loss if I had the extra secondaries.

Everything else seems solid.

Edit: Also can’t see how you were getting 207 int. I can only max it at 203 maybe an extra 1 int from a better shield and an extra 1 int from a socket weapon, that’s still 2 missing int.

Last edited:
I just can’t justify this neck Tence. The versa/haste ratio is completely interchangeable on the BOE gear depending on what you have, so your not trading 4 int for 13 haste 8 versa your trading 4 int for 21 secondaries that could potentially be versa. That’s just crazy.

For example my rebuilt Paladin https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kelthuzad/juno If I use your neck I will be trading 19 versa for the 4 int. (would need to change versa gems to haste to maintain the 28%) Even if the bonus int counts inside BGs that’s still 1 int per nearly 4 versa.

Iam using the AD shield and ring also that’s an even greater potential versa loss if I had the extra secondaries.

Everything else seems solid.

Edit: Also can’t see how you were getting 207 int. I can only max it at 203 maybe an extra 1 int from a better shield and an extra 1 int from a socket weapon, that’s still 2 missing int.

I made this guide almost a year ago and don't actively play anymore. If you'd like to make a new guide go for it. I've kinda moved onto different things though.

Mods can lock this if they want so someone else can make a new one instead.

Mods can lock this if they want so someone else can make a new one instead.
the guide still really holds up. I know you're not really active on the forums or esp the discord but it gets brought up regularly just how good this guide is.

Gonna leave it open, even if some of the information is becoming outdated. It's just too good of a jump off point for people.

Users who are viewing this thread