EU+US State of the Twink Cup

No promises but there should be an update within the next 24 hours or so

Reactions: MYT
please just postpone this for awhile. maybe let 20s try to have a tc because they sure love to say they could have one yet no one gives a enough of a fuck about their own community to try to organize anything remotely like a tc. maybe they just need 19s to do it for them

20s is worse, 29s, then you see skill, but legit no joke just leave TC alone for a few years, until the game gets better or we all play cata

20's is horrible to play - it's like 19's but with mounts and double the health. 29 is where it is at.

I hope you guys don't cancel it. Trust me there will be greater interest and turn out if you decided to reschedule a date(mind you not for next year ).

If you check out my post in the " where should the Twink Cup money go" thread. I give some ideas/suggestions that might help out.

If things go forward as is with the current participation that's cool. Just don't cancel it and replace it with another bracket.

Moocow
Aka Protrockin/Zorblast

I hope you guys don't cancel it. Trust me there will be greater interest and turn out if you decided to reschedule a date(mind you not for next year ).

If you check out my post in the " where should the Twink Cup money go" thread. I give some ideas/suggestions that might help out.

If things go forward as is with the current participation that's cool. Just don't cancel it and replace it with another bracket.

Moocow
Aka Protrockin/Zorblast

How would there be greater interest if we rescheduled sometime this year? If there's no interest now why would there be more interest in a few months? Maybe in next expac if 19s are more fun and competitive again, then maybe. But atm the TC won't be competitive.

How would there be greater interest if we rescheduled sometime this year? If there's no interest now why would there be more interest in a few months? Maybe in next expac if 19s are more fun and competitive again, then maybe. But atm the TC won't be competitive.

Do you honestly think that every twink comes here to read daily posts? If anything the casual to mid level twinks "may" come here for their twink info. They find out what's bis and flavor of the month. Then go on their way. Consider this Im a regular twink for years. I don't even know everything that's going on.

Trust me a renewed advertising campaign will help.

Moocow
Aka Protrockin/Zorblast

Do you honestly think that every twink comes here to read daily posts? If anything the casual to mid level twinks "may" come here for their twink info. They find out what's bis and flavor of the month. Then go on their way. Consider this Im a regular twink for years. I don't even know everything that's going on.

Trust me a renewed advertising campaign will help.

Moocow
Aka Protrockin/Zorblast

My point when I say competition is players that can actually compete at the level of twink cup. If a twink doesn't know xpoff then they're not on this level.

My point when I say competition is players that can actually compete at the level of twink cup. If a twink doesn't know xpoff then they're not on this level.

My point was that they may know of it but not keep up with it like some if the more avid posters. Heck I was lurking for a long time at twinkinfo.com before I even made an account. Does that make me any less hardcore or to anyone's level?

Here's an corrolerary for you. Why do you think gold farmers and sellers are a thing in Wow? It's because of how they promote themselves and word of mouth.

My point was that they may know of it but not keep up with it like some if the more avid posters. Heck I was lurking for a long time at twinkinfo.com before I even made an account. Does that make me any less hardcore or to anyone's level?

Here's an corrolerary for you. Why do you think gold farmers and sellers are a thing in Wow? It's because of how they promote themselves and word of mouth.

It's a bit different, anyone can buy gold but not anyone could compete at a high level in TC

Yes you can. The whole point of the cup is to separate the proverbial men from the boys. Anyone can twink but a tournament like the cup will show who the players are.

Moocow
Aka Protrockin/Zorblast

you guys really expected the twink cup to be a success with this guy in charge of it?

I'll offer a solution. Postpone the cup. Gy farm pugs every night for the rest of summer. Legion twinks worthy of investment will come out stronger for it. THEN you can organize green 10v10s. Quality over quantity was clearly demonstrated last year.

When people state that 20's should organize the TC themselves. Shouldn't to get the backing of the website no matter what bracket it is in?
It is the Twink Cup. The only difference is that a different bracket was chosen for that year.

As far as I am concerned we should choose a different bracket every year.

As far as choosing 20's over 29's for the 2017 version is concerned. If the powers that be chose to go with level 20 we certainly would have a larger pool of people that may come.

/cheers

choosing 20's is like choosing 10's imo. Doesn't make any sense. Certainly let the 10's and 20's play, but restricting brackets to the lowest possible level within them is silly. The only reason there are 20's is because people are cheap.

choosing 20's is like choosing 10's imo. Doesn't make any sense. Certainly let the 10's and 20's play, but restricting brackets to the lowest possible level within them is silly. The only reason there are 20's is because people are cheap.

you're deluded, 10s make up 3% of the 10-19 bracket

20s make up 85% of the 20-29 bracket

20s is more inclusive as anyone can come back to wow without subbing and play it, also players from other regions can make a US account for free and join in.

The idea of catering to those too cheap to sub at the expense of those who aren't (the vast majority of the actual twinking community) will indeed be what destroy the twc permanently. The 20's are a cesspool of incompetence that were only helpful during xpoff segregation for quick pops. Now they render 29 pugs almost unplayable with the amount of bad exposed. No wonder you support it.

if you can't see the potential in 20s over 29s you're an idiot, and you mention 20s current skill level when I was talking about how inclusive f2p accounts are for drawing teams to the twink cup if it was at 20.

hmm, i dont think your brain is functioning properly

Users who are viewing this thread