EU+US State of the Twink Cup

IMO only option for this year is to hold it in the 20-29 bracket instead. 20's can play but so can 29's. It's so different and will appeal to that large bracket as well so will draw a crowd.
19's exclusionary chickens have come home to roost. Better to try something else than to have a complete fail that kills the 19 bracket.

To summarize, as predicted, one team, GSC, is entering the TC, that's it, no one to contest, no one even close, the TC won't happen, arena side of 19s is just dogshit trash, that is legion.

Oh the irony of calling the people that actually play dogshit trash. That's the reason this bracket is in the shape it's in.
Plenty can be done to fix the bracket when people other than the ones "in charge" but who care a lot can chime in. But that's besides the point of this thread. The question is what to do about the TWC. It's clearly dead at 19. So the question begs whether another bracket will work.

Honestly i think there are a few things that could happen to still grow the community... when i was recruiting on Terokkar and trying to populate my own realm with twinks it wasnt that hard to catch ppls interest... just had to be kind and willing to fund... and Legion is the cheapest and easiest xpac to fund twinks. People who dont twink dont know that though so the offer of "funding" a twink goes a long ways. It would take the community to save the community though, not a handful of higher ups talking about it... The over all attitude from a lot of active twinks would have to change also. IMO to save twinking you would have to tank the quality to garner in a new era of twinks... we have to work on quantity then help shape the quality. unfortunately most of the better twinks expect that skill set to be there from the get go and are not willing to work with the newer generation....

Out of the maybe 30 people I've reached out to to try and form a team specifically for TC maybe 5 replied. Even if we got 5 people from burg/living/ultra teams that would leave us with now 20 people. However, everyone is having an all or nothing mentality and seems like noone wants to play with anyone other than their friends. I don't blame them either since a good amount of people I've come across are complete trash to people.

Imo, cancel it and give Living his money back. HB tried getting plebs going to promote activity and it seemed to be going ok. So ok in fact that a few "randoms" decided to play one night outside of the normal people. Those "randoms" were ridiculed and insulted over every little slip-up that almost everyone lost their interest including HB.

Maybe move it back some to allow all of these newer guilds to get in the wargame scene slowly instead of rolling 5 mans. Maybe move it to another bracket that isn't as inclusive to allow a more welcoming community. The amount of money involved to be decided by a 3s tourney just seems silly. Not as silly as dividing $2,000 into GSC though.

Out of the maybe 30 people I've reached out to to try and form a team specifically for TC maybe 5 replied. Even if we got 5 people from burg/living/ultra teams that would leave us with now 20 people. However, everyone is having an all or nothing mentality and seems like noone wants to play with anyone other than their friends. I don't blame them either since a good amount of people I've come across are complete trash to people.

Imo, cancel it and give Living his money back. HB tried getting plebs going to promote activity and it seemed to be going ok. So ok in fact that a few "randoms" decided to play one night outside of the normal people. Those "randoms" were ridiculed and insulted over every little slip-up that almost everyone lost their interest including HB.

Maybe move it back some to allow all of these newer guilds to get in the wargame scene slowly instead of rolling 5 mans. Maybe move it to another bracket that isn't as inclusive to allow a more welcoming community. The amount of money involved to be decided by a 3s tourney just seems silly. Not as silly as dividing $2,000 into GSC though.

Sooo we want MoP 29s back now? And yes I agree with you I want to play with my friends. =(

It really is shame.

People need to swallow their pride and decide which bracket is most active and welcoming. And hold the TC in that bracket.
I understand that donators may want the TC be held in the 19 bracket. And that is their prerogative since it is their money after all.

Hopefully once we get more new people into the 19's we will have a more welcoming atmosphere. And more people that contribute to the 19 community in a positive way the TC can come back to 19's for 2018.

/cheers

It really is shame.

People need to swallow their pride and decide which bracket is most active and welcoming. And hold the TC in that bracket.
I understand that donators may want the TC be held in the 19 bracket. And that is their prerogative since it is their money after all.

Hopefully once we get more new people into the 19's we will have a more welcoming atmosphere. And more people that contribute to the 19 community in a positive way the TC can come back to 19's for 2018.

/cheers
Honestly I dont think 20s could host their own TC. If they could, why haven't they done so already?

do it on EU kappa, Americans are too shit to make anything work these days

Honestly I dont think 20s could host their own TC. If they could, why haven't they done so already?
It could easily happen in the 20s bracket. More numbers in it then in the 19s, but it has no one who wants to waste their time setting up a tournament.

This year I would say just focus on the arena part of the tournament. Unless something major happens and random teams pop up, I don't see WSG being successful. Yes, you could have a 4 team tournament, but that is super blah.

IMO only option for this year is to hold it in the 20-29 bracket instead. 20's can play but so can 29's. It's so different and will appeal to that large bracket as well so will draw a crowd.
19's exclusionary chickens have come home to roost. Better to try something else than to have a complete fail that kills the 19 bracket.
I agree

yes i called this happening, and after talking with you yesterday and then this video i'm glad it's not happening and i hope nothing ever happens for you. I told you the reason why it's happening and you didnt bring up any of my points when im 100% right.

you say this is all happening because new users arent feeling welcome in the competitive scene when it's been like this since the beginning of the bracket and more so when wargames got implemented, so why didn't the bracket die day1?

you wont find anyone here who plays competitively who didn't face toxicity as a new user in every online game in every setting, we all put up with it and thrived in it, what's changed?

nothing has changed, new users claiming toxicity putting them off is a cop out, they're just fed egos in their 5man premades vs levellers and when they hang in an equal playing field environment they find any excuse to never participate again.

don't welcome legion twinks if they're not willing to adapt to our already established wargame settings

i also pointed out how can they blame toxicity when they'll be forming their twink cup roster themselves so can exclude any toxic people out and have a friendly/guild team, you refused to answer that question.

you say 'we cant force new twinks to want to play 10v10 when they want to play 5mans in pugs instead' so why are you blaming old twinks who are toxic in wargames? you can't force us to be nice to people who struggle to press the 4 abilities they have at 19.

ask anyone from outside this community what they think of twinks, they'll say 'a bunch of low skilled noobs who camp graveyard at wsg at lvl 19'
they wont say 'a group of people who want competitive games but are toxic to new twinks'

it's legion twinks giving 19s a bad name, not the toxic players in the established community so miss me with this carebear shit

i've talked to numerous people who said if it wasnt for the toxicity on this forum or ingame they wouldnt have bothered to join competitively or try to better themselves as players.

this is a THEM issue not an US issue.

blame new users being too braindead to see the best part of the bracket not the 'toxic' players seeing new twinks' worth to the community.

Users who are viewing this thread