EU+US Starter Edition VS Subscription

IstvánÁ.P.

Grandfathered
Hello!

Is it worth to buy the game and subscribe if I only want to play with 20-29 level characters?

Battleground queue times too long, sometimes it takes one hour. Why? (20-29, Bloodfeather, Alliance)

Will there be any future changes to the Starter Edition features?

Battleground queue times too long, sometimes it takes one hour. Why? (20-29, Bloodfeather, Alliance)

Firstly, your realm doesn't matter. All realms are pooled together for dungeons, BGs, etc. Queue times have usually been this long. It gets noticeably quicker during prime time when people come home from work, or during weekend evenings, especially Sunday night. You gotta remember, this is a more casual niche bracket, so most f2p people pop on the game when they come home from work or school. We have lives, lol.

Queue times may get better as time goes on and people stop playing end game and switch over to lowbies. But keep in mind the queue times used to be far worse, since there used to be a barrier between experience locked players and non experienced locked players.

Unlikely. It's had the same restrictions since its inception about 5-6 years ago.

Hello!

Is it worth to buy the game and subscribe if I only want to play with 20-29 level characters?

There are some classes that get access to more skill depth by 29, and there are some classes that aren't missing much at 20.

I suggest just starting on a trial account and seeing what you think. If you want to subscribe then bite the bullet, if not then enjoy the free play.

For trial accounts the new BG template system makes plate wearers at a disadvantage. So if you have your heart set on pally or warrior then you need to at least get a sub to get at least 1 heirloom plate helm of each armor type. Remember armor stats are irrelevant in PVP now, only filling a slot with proper armor type and item level matter.

If you can get by without plate wearers then you probably should go ally so you have access to the eyepatch.

If you dont mind seeing "reactivate now" add on character selection screen all the time - pay once for battle chest and live of a 10 day trial every 90 days.

With the exception of a few specs who get pretty nice skills after lvl 20, there's no real advantage to paying if you're looking at playing battlegrounds in the 20-29 bracket. So much of the bracket is trial accounts that bouncing into a 29 isn't all that big of a deal.

Play a veteran toon. Which is to say, pay for a month, pick up all the necessary gear on a 20 (appropriate heirloom helms, high ilvl white rings and necklace, etc), stock up on gold, and then let the subscription lapse [side note: turn XP back on before it does]. If you enchant your gear and such, you'll also have a considerable advantage in world pvp and any pve shenanigans you want to get up to.

If you decide that you feel too hamstrung by the lack of abilities, then just re-up. But, after a couple years of just trial account action, I can tell you that I honestly don't miss it.

Q time can depend on some factors such what battlegrounds you Q for, and the number of players currently Qing. I suggest you experiment with blacklisting Alterac Valley and sometimes eye of the storm too. I've noticed my q times are usually much faster when I do this.

Nah, Game is too shitty, its not worth paying a month and losing a lot of time just to farm irrelavant shit for 20 bgs.

Users who are viewing this thread