Speed/Hallowed Ground holy paladin

We can agree to disagree until more paladins try out this 2-h speed build and provide more feedback.

but i want to say that the current PVP enviorment (at least over the weekend based on what I have seen) isn't really that healthy for the curious minds on either side: for alliance, whatever build you choose will work well because your team will win most of the time. for horde, whatever build you choose will not work well when your team is stuck at graveyard (no pun intended)

I havent seen any rets yet with as much speed stacking as you, would be really interesting to see how they fair

Last edited:
It's only around 60 less for FOL, not 100+.

but that's beside the point, i consider the additional speed and its implied survivability boost totally worth it.

the point everyone is making of your silly set is that you're gimping your healing out put by so much, if you really think your set is good and viable whats the problem with providing a screenshot of how much your heals do jeez..

can't believe i ended up replying to this thread again, stupid meme build is tilting me. I get that you can play the game the way you want and experiment with gear sets etc, but trying to imply this is a 'good' setup is just dumb.

edit:

mJXWEKY.jpg

your turn <.<

Last edited:
Last edited:
the point everyone is making of your silly set is that you're gimping your healing out put by so much, if you really think your set is good and viable whats the problem with providing a screenshot of how much your heals do jeez..

can't believe i ended up replying to this thread again, stupid meme build is tilting me. I get that you can play the game the way you want and experiment with gear sets etc, but trying to imply this is a 'good' setup is just dumb.

your turn <.<

1) I think that if you get "healer" out of your mind and just focus on what he is saying "Hallowed ground guy that can run away and live another day"... then it makes sense.

2) Would I want to see him healing my team if he was the only healer and the team comp was generally equal... no... because we would lose 100%... he would have zero deaths and heal for about 50k... everybody else would be dead, because the enemy healer I would hope be doing 100k playing with their toes.

3) For him having fun... looks cool... and 100% it probably works as a powerful support style class just as he says.

4) It sucks that he takes up a healing slot, as he is targeted more just for that alone.

5) If we were not in a ranged meta this would also be more effective... its similar to why Resto Shamans tool kit sucks ass... Frost shock/earthbind does not do a lot when everybody is throwing ranged haymakers... or everybody has an instant melee distance closer.

+1 on the "spec ret" idea. I get the idea of running away from enemies who cannot kill you, but since you are running most of the time anyway (otherwise, the speed build is wasted), you likely aren't healing, so perhaps damage instead which would be more useful. Run *towards* someone, hit-hit-hit-crit-kill, run away laughing if you are in danger.

Does the speed effective of this Trinket get triggered like the Warrior PvP Talent "Warmachine". meaning that anytime around you someone dies it procs?
HotP requires that you get the KB, not just an HK.

On a more general note, I think everyone would do well to treat this as the deeply committed troll that it is.

Yeah the combo speed+stat enchants dont play nice. They treat it as a competition, if the other % based speed source is lower than it's 10% then the other source doesn't get counted. If the other source is larger than 10% then the boot enchant takes its ball and goes home so you don't get its 10% but you do get the % from the other source. This is why you dont get the 2% speed boost from the Gift of X cloak enchants when using the combo boot enchants and why you shouldn't use the combo boot enchants on Shaman or Druid since you lose the movespeed aspect of them in cat, travel, and ghost wolf since those grant movespeed % over 10%
[doublepost=1614555421,1614555353][/doublepost]
Silly question but when taking off your boots are you replacing them with different boots enchanted with minor speed?

I'd personally always use minor speed on nelf as well

for those interested, i just tested https://www.wowhead.com/item=28557/quickened-starfire-diamond

it does not stack with either runeblade or minor speed enchant to boots.

ret may not work as well for 2 reasons:

1, this build requires a lot instant heals, which holy has in the form of holy shock and bestow faith. don't get me wrong, i cast FOL a lot too when I can.

2, to fully take advantage of the speed bonus, you need frequent snare removal, ret does not have https://www.wowhead.com/spell=216868/hallowed-ground as @sw0495 pointed out (circling back to your consecration can remove snares for a second time)

3, most importantly, ret can only use plate pieces (unlike holy). this build requires speed BoEs (and if you are a perfectionist, socket + speed), so you need 17 speed (26 - 9 = 17 from two rings and cape) from plate speed bracers (3 on PTR), and three from shoulder (5 on PTR), boots (5 on PTR), gloves (5 on PTR) and belt (5 on PTR).

4, this build works very well with vers, because of its "spam instant heal + run around to LoS" playstyle, i wish BG scoreboard has a "damage taken" column.

Last edited:
troll or not, zooming around at 160 runspeed is fun as fuck.

Yeah its fun... but the problem with speed versus real twinks is that you don't really have to aim Aimed Shot.

Chasing glance away from BG objectives while he provides no meaningful heals or benefit to his team has been the highlight of my weekend.

But... did you catch his ass?

not surprised because rolling pugs with a pre-made gets boring, doesn't it?

Rofl you can't ask an alliance twink that, you silly FOOL!

IT IS ENDLESS AND IT NEVER GETS OLD.

And that is not really a joke, some people here have been doing it for 10 years :p it really does not get old.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread