Speed/Hallowed Ground holy paladin

glancealot

Legend
Some speed gears + https://www.wowhead.com/spell=216868

I have played over 20 BGs on my hpal so far, I think this is a really good set-up and has A LOT of potential. Speed scales amazingly inside BGs.

semi-ignore haste/crit, just stack int, vers and speed, you will be the most annoying hpal ever.

if you have access to socket + speed gears, use them over BC socket gears, I am even using speed gears w/o socket over BC gears.

Last edited:
really don't think the set you're running is worth while besides for the meme's on FC maps, your setup has 100 less int than mine and even with 214 int my FoL heals for half the amount of what a shadowmend does on a disc.. your heals must be doing nothing :/

I guess maybe u can consider consecration working like a area effect freedom, but it's really not worth giving up divine favour for if you have plans of doing any sorts of useful healing. also any dk or hunter who knows how this talent work will just knock or grip you out anyways.

bit off topic but out of curiosity, how many runs did it take you to get shivermaws jawbone?

Last edited:
1, it's not just for FC, it's for survivability. you can have a bunch of folks chasing you, it's hilarious.
2, i am still learning the class, and i am also still trying to optimize the set-up because i am noticing some "diminishing returns" in terms of speed. the % you get from enchants do not diminish, but the points themselves diminish SIGNIFICANTLY. so if you look at the chart, even a 5% increase would be worth 13 speed points (from 135% to 140%) or 16 speed points (from 138% to 143%), this makes the 2-piece bonus (5%) of this set appear quite OP (https://www.wowhead.com/item=161021)

E5xSglh.jpg

*minor mistake in chart: D=B+122%

Also, based on what I have seen so far, speed hits a sweet spot around 30%~38%, anything after that may not be worthwhile.

edit: after some BGs, I feel that you need at least 20 speed from gears, i.e., this way you can have 135% speed.

shivermaw's trinket: 9 runs on paladin, 32 runs on druid. somehow i thought i did A LOT MORE, like 120 runs on druid, but i just checked stats, only shows 32 runs.

Last edited:
This is a super cool idea — can you link/share all the speed gear you’re thinking or shooting for?

This is a super cool idea — can you link/share all the speed gear you’re thinking or shooting for?

runeblade, boot enchant, cape enchant, you are already at 10+10+2 = 122%.

on PTR, ignoring trinket, you get 3 from wrist/ring/cape, 5 from gloves/belt/shoulder/boots, 6 from helm/chest/leggings

But helm/chest/leggings can have 3 sockets (forget about https://www.wowhead.com/item=11808/circle-of-flame , 99% of the time, it will not win you BGs that you would otherwise lose anyway) so i would stick to BC helm/chest/leggings with 3 sockets.

I am gonna assume that it's VERY difficult to get socket + tert gears, so it would appear that speed wrist/ring/cape are the most efficient (highest speed/socket ratio) as you give up 1 socket for 3 speed (1 socket for 2.5 speed for gloves/belt/shoulder/boots, 1 socket for 2 speed for helm/chest/leggings)

so that is 3*4 (wrist, 2 rings, cape) = 12

then you can go for belt+boots+gloves or belt+boots+shoulder for 5*3=15, this way, you can use https://www.wowhead.com/item=27528/gauntlets-of-desolation or https://www.wowhead.com/item=27713 together with https://www.wowhead.com/item=28401/hauberk-of-desolation for the set bonus.

this puts you at 12+15 = 27 which rounds to 138%.

of course, i think even lower at around 133%~135% is fine too, so you can use more BC pieces if you want, after you play a couple games, you will have a good idea.

but if you have any aurora or adaptable socket + speed pieces (wrist/ring/cape/gloves/belt/shoulder/boots), then use those as they are definitely BiS and are better than BC socket gears for sure!

Last edited:
in the past 4~5 BGs i have played (i solo queue), i would have these alliance twinks that would go out of their way just to kill me. it is so satisfying, you should try it out to see what i mean. I had no problem placing near the top of the healing chart (healing mostly just myself to keep myself alive from several alliance players at once).

Last edited:
You should really do some testing with how speed stacks with the rune blade/ any enchant or gear... it does not... or there is a point at which it does not.

I have this paladin that I made and now don't use because it is trash/dps with out an i49 is pathetic in my opinion versus current healing abilities/ S tier dps (sad because she was worth about 2.5 million gold)... but, my world/BG movement speed does not change when I equip the Runeblade or not... there has to be some kind of cap.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/nightsaber

20% movement speed BG / 23% World... again does not alter if I add the 10% from the Rune Blade or not.. it stays at 23%... visually and numerically.

Last edited:
You should really do some testing with how speed stacks with the rune blade... it does not... or there is a point at which it does not.

I have this paladin that I made and now don't use because it is trash/dps with out an i49 is pathetic in my opinion versus current healing abilities/ S tier dps (sad because she was worth about 2.5 million gold)... but, my world/BG movement speed does not change when I equip the Runeblade or not... there has to be some kind of cap.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/nightsaber

23% movement speed... again does not alter if I add the 10% from the Rune Blade or not.. it stays at 23%... visually and numerically.
Your boot enchant doesn't stack with most % based speed enchants/effects

Unsure what you mean but they stack. can you not see the table I posted (the numbers are tested inside BG).

Well maybe I'm doing it wrong... because my speed in a BG is 20% with my gear.... If I equip the rune blade as shown... its 20% total movement speed... not 30%.

Good tip, but that was not really the point since that enchant would be a waste anyway... Rune Blade does not... that is 10% the OP is wasting.
OP never said he is missing 10%, you are missing 10% because your boot enchant doesn't let you gain additional % based speed effects. If you changed to Minor speed to boots you would see the benefit

OP never said he is missing 10%, you are missing 10% because your boot enchant doesn't let you gain additional % based speed effects. If you changed to Minor speed to boots you would see the benefit

EDIT again tho... just testing it right now ----- taking the boots on and off inside Orgimar running around... the speed does not change. it says at 23% world... it does not jump to 33% speed when I take off my boots.

This is one of those times, where I can physically see there is no change... so a spread sheet does not really matter to me... if you can tell me I need to wait 5 minutes between equipping the boots/sword or something I'll do that... but right now regardless... the rune blade does not stack with speed... I have the toon and can see it.

Somebody is wrong.

Last edited:
Ahhh I see. I stand corrected then. I did not know the enchant prevented the Runeblade from working.
Yeah the combo speed+stat enchants dont play nice. They treat it as a competition, if the other % based speed source is lower than it's 10% then the other source doesn't get counted. If the other source is larger than 10% then the boot enchant takes its ball and goes home so you don't get its 10% but you do get the % from the other source. This is why you dont get the 2% speed boost from the Gift of X cloak enchants when using the combo boot enchants and why you shouldn't use the combo boot enchants on Shaman or Druid since you lose the movespeed aspect of them in cat, travel, and ghost wolf since those grant movespeed % over 10%
[doublepost=1614555421,1614555353][/doublepost]
EDIT again tho... just testing it right now ----- taking the boots on and off inside Orgimar running around... the speed does not change. it says at 23% world... it does not jump to 33% speed when I take off my boots.

Somebody is wrong.
Silly question but when taking off your boots are you replacing them with different boots enchanted with minor speed?

Yeah the combo speed+stat enchants dont play nice. They treat it as a competition, if the other % based speed source is lower than it's 10% then the other source doesn't get counted. If the other source is larger than 10% then the boot enchant takes its ball and goes home so you don't get its 10% but you do get the % from the other source. This is why you dont get the 2% speed boost from the Gift of X cloak enchants when using the combo boot enchants and why you shouldn't use the combo boot enchants on Shaman or Druid since you lose the movespeed aspect of them in cat, travel, and ghost wolf since those grant movespeed % over 10%
[doublepost=1614555421,1614555353][/doublepost]
Silly question but when taking off your boots are you replacing them with different boots enchanted with minor speed?

just to no boots, so no conflict at all.

Users who are viewing this thread