Space Talk

that won't be an issue because we (as a species) won't live to see that :^]

@Chops do you actually feel that way? Or is the sarcasm flying over my head
naw, no sarcasm. Elon is a super villain and I genuinely hope he eventually has to answer for his grotesque exploitation of the world, of his workers, and for his unchecked avarice at the great expense of humanity.

He'll be the first against the fucking wall (jk jk SATIRE! PARODY!)

thanks for paypal, though. I guess.

I believe that space is advancing enough to the point where people who are in their 20s now will be able to dump their retirement savings into a vacation in low earth orbit by the time they're 70 and middle class.

But following generations will be able to get access to relatively cheaper flights due to mass production of rockets like airliners are. Just maybe not as often they'll fly. And they'd be doing contract work on the moon and such in pretty shitty living conditions.

Unless some bio-engineered super plague wipes us out before then, I think we should be able to be multi-planetary.

naw, no sarcasm. Elon is a super villain and I genuinely hope he eventually has to answer for his grotesque exploitation of the world, of his workers, and for his unchecked avarice at the great expense of humanity.

He'll be the first against the fucking wall.

thanks for paypal, though. I guess.

I could probably go into a deep argument against this, but all I'll say is that if he's arguably evil, I really don't give too much of a shit because the pros seem to outweigh the cons. Now maybe this could lead to some Weyland-Yutani shit (like in Alien) where people are sacrificed and sent on suicide missions (experiments). But I don't think it would be him to do it. Many of his more dedicated workers seem to love their job, and the rest probably aren't as passionate about it to make up for the lower pay compared to Boeing and such. But you can't argue that it's more innovative.

And as for the whole "eat the rich" ideology. I think there are more heinous rich people out there we should prioritize. For example:

I feel like the same crowd of people who protested big oil are now the contradicting crowd that are threatening to "sell their Teslas/cancel order" for some tweet that Elon made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's government and Bureaucracy that kills space travel. Kennedy was a once in a lifetime (century maybe) president that allowed it to prosper. He was then later suspiciously snuffed out and replaced by a warmonger and later a greedy Luddite who ended the Apollo program. We can't rely on having strong political leaders like that. At that rate we probably would all die off like @Selaya said before seeing to space. And yes I probably won't live to benefit from the pros. Except maybe being able to spectate. And I'm fine with that. I have other hobbies and things in life that will keep me happy at the cost of not being able to ride in a rocket ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you honestly implying that Kennedy was killed over space exploration and that it declined after he died?

No. I'm implying that he was unfortunately killed off and soon after the space-race (although we did reach the moon shortly after he died) was to come to a grinding halt after a few major missions.

He was obviously killed off for other geopolitical reasons. But seeing all of the "Elon musk hate" to the degree of people actually wanting him dead on social media. It wouldn't surprise me.

ill inform the space shuttle and the ISS that they represent a grinding halt

The space shuttle was WAYYY too expensive. And the ISS has a relatively short projected lifespan in orbit.

What is your point?
that kennedy was not a once in a century lifeline for the space program and in fact it continued, quite successfully, decades after he died. Further, the death of the space program in America was not the accident of a favorable president being assassinated but rather a conscious decision to sell off the project to private interests. This was done so all those pros we all like could be concentrated for enjoyment/survival by the super wealthy and denied to the rest of humanity.

no the way to save the human race is to extirpate the concept of greed

Shame there’s no launch to watch. I enjoy watching the launches and the science and maths behind it all. Not that I understand it all, but the little that I do intrigues me.
Glad they chose not to risk it. NASA has made some bad errors in judgement in the past with launches.

no the way to save the human race is to extirpate the concept of greed

also did you know? feline aids is the #1 killer of domestic cats
[doublepost=1590671444,1590627101][/doublepost]
dd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread