Space Talk

Or that we should be preparing ourselves. I know individuals such as Musk and Kurzweil are. Musk had a wonderful analogy he used not directly about this subject but I think it pertains.
1O6Prg6.jpg
the buckets are for self important people. if humans end up culling themselves on Earth because of greed, lack of foresight, etc... so be it, then we earned it. Survival of the fittest on this planet.

Can't wait for mars > earth to be the new eu > us. I've been following spacex for a while now. Hope the falcon heavy will be a succes.

Can't wait for mars > earth to be the new eu > us. I've been following spacex for a while now. Hope the falcon heavy will be a succes.

The good thing is the shear amount money they're saving from the past 3 F9 landings, which also leads to a lot more contracts. But yeah, I'm waiting for them to release some dates on the FH

It's a shame it happened. But physics is physics, and we need incidents like these to happen to prevent it from happening again (especially a manned mission). I'm sure this was a big blow to SpaceX, but it's gained a lot of publicity for it. I'm sure they'll pick back up. My only worry is how long Elon Musk can manage the current obstacles Tesla, SpaceX, and Solar City are going through. He's doing an extraordinary job for how many businesses he currently has operating, but he's no superhuman. He needs help with oversight, but he may be too insecure for that to ever happen.

It's a shame it happened. But physics is physics, and we need incidents like these to happen to prevent it from happening again (especially a manned mission). I'm sure this was a big blow to SpaceX, but it's gained a lot of publicity for it. I'm sure they'll pick back up. My only worry is how long Elon Musk can manage the current obstacles Tesla, SpaceX, and Solar City are going through. He's doing an extraordinary job for how many businesses he currently has operating, but he's no superhuman. He needs help with oversight, but he may be too insecure for that to ever happen.

Agreed. Glad it was an unmanned mission. It can be a very dangerous venture...

The real shame about space exploration is it's lack of government sponsored support. It's great that entrepreneurial endeavors are increasing but it's a drop in the bucket. It's all about priorities and unfortunately, in the case of the US, the emphasis has been to funnel tax payers' dollars into rockets that are created to intentionally blow up other people instead of incidentally and occasionally harming individuals.

Users who are viewing this thread