Sought after twink items

Discussion in 'Classic WoW' started by Efflux, Sep 2, 2019.

Share This Page

1. HairyTreeMan

HairyTreeMan Member

2. Vehemity

Vehemity Member

3. Petrolsk

Petrolsk Veteran

Freezing Band

btw OP you are doing a bad job of keeping your thread up to date

4. OP
    Efflux

Efflux Grandfathered

I know. It kind of died when people started using this thread for showing their snipes, which wasn't the intention at all.

5. Piffin

Piffin Member

Yes, I was getting them again now in Westfall today.
    Can't imagine the price they must be charging for gold right now.

6. Healium

Healium 70s Feral

Why do you call yourself the high-level priest Andi

7. Outofspace

Outofspace Deeps

19s: Assassin's Blade, Sentry Cloak, Treebark Jacket, Twisted Enchanter's Staff

29s: Mantle of Thieves, Vendetta, Cobalt Crusher, Staff of the Shade, Claw of the Shadowmancer, 9/9 monkey helms

39s: Shadowforge Bushmaster, Assault Band, Ogronn's Sash, Expert Goldminer's Helm, The Pacifier, Eagle/Monkey versions of the engineering eye piece, Stonevault Shiv, The Jackhammer, Basalisk Hide Leggings, Legguards of the Vault

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  8. Odal

Odal Member

Not a snipe, but I did happen upon a Feet of the Lynx from a random raptor in Wetlands. Saving this for phase 2 and when people will have gold.

And a few 29 twink items from the AH but they’re not super rare or anything so I’ll probably use it for my pally alt. Frostreaver Crown and Cobalt Crusher specifically- each about 3g or less. Might have to see if I can throw fiery on that mace before I reach the level to use it.

9. Warglave

Warglave Member

Prices are silly on my server now, but no one is buying. Expect them to fall again to reasonable levels before phase 3.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. mrfunktastik

mrfunktastik Member

for 29 bracket rogues, are "of eluding" items a thing? Or are the tundra rings and necklaces of the monkey decidedly better? wondering if the +1% dodge would make up for the missing +4 stamina

11. Persuasive

Persuasive Member

I don't think they're BiS, but I've picked a few up for niche dodge sets just to play around. They probably won't sell for much.

12. mrfunktastik

mrfunktastik Member

Yeah I'd eventually like to test a dodge set, especially once I have two Grand Masters to stack. This is my first time twinking for Vanilla, I started in BC and ran the Mongoose rogue (with the quest items enchanted), so I'm sure it'll play a lot differently. Stamina will definitely be a lot lower given we can't patch pants anymore. It seems like Sword rogues are still more common, but did more people play daggers at 29 in vanilla?

13. Persuasive

Persuasive Member

They did, but either just for fucking around or for very specific, coordinated premade burst with Claw of the Shadowmancer + Ambush.

It's a bursty bracket, so daggers have a viable place in it. But for 90+% your time in a battleground or duel, you'd be better served with a Zealot Blade in mh.

14. Warglave

Warglave Member

It's so hard to get position for daggers it generally is not viable at all except for rolling undergeared noobs. For kicks, sure... maybe banging an FC/healer and trying to get him dead in a few globals, but generally not going to happen.

15. Persuasive

Persuasive Member

The burst potential just is what it is. If you're a flag carrier with 5 or 6 people opening up on you at once, your ability to counterplay versus ambush is extremely limited. If an FC drops under 1,000 HP, that could be a returned flag with a single button.

Obviously it's a very specific niche use, but after an hour stalemate on a single flag, there were a whole lot of premades where I wished one of our rogues would try daggers.

16. Warglave

Warglave Member

Id say even stealthing close to an FC with "5-6 people opening" would be nigh impossible given the likely AoE and whatnot.

But yeah... if you can wade thru all that shit without getting knocked out of stealth, get in position, and ambush then it's "good". I played it all of BC and it is what it is. Fun until you cant get into/stay in position, then it's a liability.

17. mrfunktastik

mrfunktastik Member

Sounds like Zealot blade is hands down BiS then for MH? Or does The Butcher compete at all?

18. Outofspace

Outofspace Deeps

Zealot for sure.

19. Noke0

Noke0 New Member

Hotshot Pilot's Gloves are one of the rarest Twink items in Classic. Falls under the level 29 Bracket. Drops from two enemies in Gnomeregan, I can't remember the exact ones.

Hold onto them if you plan on selling them. I seem to be the only person on my server to have them and have had a lot of whispers ever since I asked about price check before BGs and the economy stabilizes in our realm. I've even sadly had people harass me for selling other rare Twink BoE items for much cheaper than then price its selling for on the AH in our server. Which is absolutely crazy lol.

Ended up selling a Precisely Calibrated Boomstick tonight for 100G. It's a rare 49 Twink Epic Hunter Gun. 14 Agi and 1.50 speed. Mentioned it was 50G cheaper than AH as it's been selling for 150G for a couple weeks. Got harassed for selling it while stating it was 50G cheaper than AH.

Anyways. Just created an account to post this one message. Have a goodnight everyone.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)