Something Big (Besides Legion) May Come Soon.

Legacy servers would be kinda stupid splitting the whole wow community

So what? As I said before, If it's that much of a threat to the WoD/Legion Community, then it's just the harsh truth that the current iteration of WoW isn't doing something right. A lesson learned is a lesson earned.

So what? As I said before, If it's that much of a threat to the WoD/Legion Community, then it's just the harsh truth that the current iteration of WoW isn't doing something right. A lesson learned is a lesson earned.
The game can't stay the same forever it needs to change if it doesn't change the game will die out

The game can't stay the same forever it needs to change if it doesn't change the game will die out

So change = better? Sure good change is what everyone wants, but it sounds to me that you're implying any change is necessary.

No.

The problem with franchises now is that they think a game has to completely alter itself to the point where it is an entirely different game to attract more people. They don't have to re-invent the wheel if the wheel is fine the way it is. They just have to give us a new track.

Wow would be so much better if they kept the gameplay difficult and gearing rewarding, and just gave us new lands and content.

Another example of this would be with the Halo Franchise and GTA. Halo 1-3 kept the gameplay at its roots (with minor alterations) with just a new story and MP experience. After H3, they fucked with the gameplay so much, it might as well be a new game. And GTA? They kept the core gameplay nearly the same, and just gave players a new experience with new options.

Wow was never difficult, just more tedious.
The general formula is to provide a repetitive but entertaining task then gate it at the breaking point of boredom for the next repetitive task. That's it really.

The novelty of that cyclical activity allowed more gating but wears off for most people, and Blizzard is wise enough to realize this. As much fun as I had during Wrath, I don't think I'd have the patience to play it again (identical game play with a different setting). Changes are made to retain older players as well as to attract new ones. I'm not suggesting that the game has gotten better, just that nostalgia can blind you to that novelty factor and how large a role it plays in enjoyment.

Wow was never difficult, just more tedious.
The general formula is to provide a repetitive but entertaining task then gate it at the breaking point of boredom for the next repetitive task. That's it really.

The novelty of that cyclical activity allowed more gating but wears off for most people, and Blizzard is wise enough to realize this. As much fun as I had during Wrath, I don't think I'd have the patience to play it again (identical game play with a different setting). Changes are made to retain older players as well as to attract new ones. I'm not suggesting that the game has gotten better, just that nostalgia can blind you to that novelty factor and how large a role it plays in enjoyment.
And you have the choice (if they ever brought out a Legacy Server) to not play it. But there are well over 100K People that completely disagree with you and would LOVE to play Vanilla WoW as it was then. The ONLY reason Blizzard isn't going to do it right now is that they are then admitting that they have failed to maintain the quality of game that MANY people were used to.

Users who are viewing this thread