Something Big (Besides Legion) May Come Soon.

Tom Ganks

Not going to lie, I'm excited for Legion just as anyone else, but the thought of it being the reclaimer of WoW would be like putting all of our eggs in one basket. It's pretty obvious WoW has been in a major downhill tumble since the release of Cataclysm. I believe a concept such as this is a logical approach to regain player-base, regardless of how it might impact player-base for latest expansions.

An Ex-Developer from Blizzard's WoW will be taking this petition straight to the big guys at Blizzard once it reaches the milestone of 200,000 signatures, in hopes to convince them to release Legacy Servers.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/ex-world-of-warcraft-dev-explains-blizzard-vanilla

edit: here's JageX's (Developers of Runescape) opinion on the matter.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/19/11...-old-school-runescape-legacy-server-interview

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to make a joke out of that title.

I will be incredibly surprised if this happens. Ever. While they have gone against things in the past ("No more hero classes, that was a bad idea"..........Then they release another after saying that), this is something they've said no to since months before BC was even released.

If it does happen, you have absolutely no idea how happy I will be as I've wanted this since 2007.

Fk vanila, boys you think you need but you dont. Tbc,vanila,woltk, past expancions just play actual,there is no better game than wow absolutly

What the actual fucc did I just read.
After several times raeding it through....

I think he's trying to say he likes things now, and the past sucked. He also was pretty insulting about it, so I'm not such a fan of his now.

I hate this "Newer = better" mentality of gamers these days.
It's a terrible ideal, and it's not just exclusive to gaming. For example....companies are rushing stuff out as fast as they can, and the new product is assumed better, and masses buy it. Even with little to no differences. New iPhone? Everyone buys it.

Fk vanila, boys you think you need but you dont. Tbc,vanila,woltk, past expancions just play actual,there is no better game than wow absolutly
Well sadly for you nearly 1 MILLION people are verified to disagree with you as Nostalrius (the largest ever Vanilla WoW Private Server) clearly shows. I'd be willing to wager that if Blizz brought out Legacy Servers and charged all the same as they do now, they'd add no less than 1-2 MILLION Paying Accounts. Keep in mind it's likely not Blizz that's against the idea but the idiots that control the money, Activision. Why they're against added income is beyond me. All the code already exists, they'd only need a very small handful of Employees to manage it (or them if they did one for Vanilla only, one for up to TBC, and one for up to WotLK).

LOOOL THIS IS A FUCKING RUSSIAN typical google translate putinbot

This is the reason why I made a russians guide. Now anyone can refer to my siggy and feel free to use any of my patented(TM) quotes when encountering this uh google translate mafia

Last edited:
Somehow, even when saying something I agree with.......I still disagree with and hate inooburpro.

I'm wondering if Blizzard has called this guy to stop the arrangement. If not, it could be good news. The fact that Blizz hasn't responded to the community is irritating, but also not completely a bad thing. They are removing thousands of threads daily regarding legacy servers, but have yet to give a public response.

This is all so vague.

Not going to lie, I'm excited for Legion just as anyone else, but the thought of it being the reclaimer of WoW would be like putting all of our eggs in one basket. It's pretty obvious WoW has been in a major downhill tumble since the release of Cataclysm. I believe a concept such as this is a logical approach to regain player-base, regardless of how it might impact player-base for latest expansions.

An Ex-Developer from Blizzard's WoW will be taking this petition straight to the big guys at Blizzard once it reaches the milestone of 200,000 signatures, in hopes to convince them to release Legacy Servers.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/ex-world-of-warcraft-dev-explains-blizzard-vanilla

edit: here's JageX's (Developers of Runescape) opinion on the matter.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/19/11...-old-school-runescape-legacy-server-interview
First thing is don't disrespect Cata like that as the release was one of the biggest in wow history , then it went down hill lol . I can care less about past expansions, especially the stiff ones when casters and warriors had no mobility.

I'm wondering if Blizzard has called this guy to stop the arrangement. If not, it could be good news. The fact that Blizz hasn't responded to the community is irritating, but also not completely a bad thing. They are removing thousands of threads daily regarding legacy servers, but have yet to give a public response.

This is all so vague.

Just happy streamers as Sodapoppin, Athene, JonTronShow and plenty of others are stepping up really

First thing is don't disrespect Cata like that as the release was one of the biggest in wow history , then it went down hill lol . I can care less about past expansions, especially the stiff ones when casters and warriors had no mobility.

I understand completely, but that's why a server like this would be optional.

Not liking something doesn't negate the fact that tons of people wish for it.

I understand completely, but that's why a server like this would be optional.

Not liking something doesn't negate the fact that tons of people wish for it.
If they even attempted to implement this Legion might end up like wod . Not that the work would overwhelm them but they would just get complacent with one idea over the other.

Users who are viewing this thread