Some information on Retribution Paladins in 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking an ele would smoke a ret since you can wind shear, and shams are ridiculously mobile now. Thunderstorming HOJ would be fun.

Padoradin @ Dath'Remar - Community - World of Warcraft was in a BG with me and did 65 DPS. I did well over 100 in the same BG. He's similarly geared to your sig ret, except he's actually hit capped. This has been my experience of all rets, including myself, since pandas.

The heals are nice, and 5.3 gave a minor buff, but the numbers are not even close to Cat ret numbers, and then add 40% resilience on top of that, and ret is pretty sub par.

I don't think you have played ret in 5.3. That person has downs too, played against him many times, keyboard turns and clicks.

Im thinking an ele would smoke a ret since you can wind shear, and shams are ridiculously mobile now. Thunderstorming HOJ would be fun.

While I can usually solo bad eles, I am pretty sure a Shaman that could shear well would easily beat a ret.

Most of the shamans I fight usually don't shear at all, and if they do they are easy enough to juke.

Idk I don't usually run recount when I bg I can get them for you on monday. In dungeons I get 300-350 dps.

i accept your challenge someone lend me a priest let me mess around with the bindings and such please

are we betting somethign here or are u just a masochist that likes getting whooped

i accept your challenge someone lend me a priest let me mess around with the bindings and such please

are we betting somethign here or are u just a masochist that likes getting whooped

What do you want to bet? Lol....

idk i dont see the point of me doing this otherwise because i know myself i would stomp u

There is noway ret dmg is near prot.. I don't see that much rets and there aren't many good rets just the people who have no clue that the spec is UP but I have seen my share of horde prots and idk how a ret can come ANYWHERE near a prots dmg. Rets can't touch me and the only moderately annoying thing is their heals which are easily interruptable.

If you are gonna be bging tonight neon I'd love to do a 1v1 vs you.

With 100% ToT against the first boss of RFC, which is well below 20, so no miss issues, despite the lack of hit cap, Neonbby @ Thrall - Community - World of Warcraft did 140 DPS, which is about what you'd expect. A far cry from 300+. In a BG, with 100% ToT, you can expect that to be 84 because of resilience. Maybe a little less because of the level discrepency and lack of hit rating. In the real world, in a BG, people don't just stand there while you attack them, so expect a lot less DPS than that.

Basically, the OP was being at best optimistic, and at worst, outright lying about ret's performance in 5.3. In contrast, as a pure F2P, I was doing 350+ DPS as prot in RFC. Considerably more than ret's 140 DPS.

Probably could get 200 dps with full BiS and buffed with dragonslayer, I made this toon in like a day that is why he isn't hit capped.

There is noway ret dmg is near prot.. I don't see that much rets and there aren't many good rets just the people who have no clue that the spec is UP but I have seen my share of horde prots and idk how a ret can come ANYWHERE near a prots dmg. Rets can't touch me and the only moderately annoying thing is their heals which are easily interruptable.

If you are gonna be bging tonight neon I'd love to do a 1v1 vs you.

1v1 me on any class other than a hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread