Some BFA things tested in instance PVP

Will Bloodcursed Felblade proc "absorb" dot's or not. Really need to look at it.

Nah, it will just decrease the damage due to automatic snapshot mechanics, which is also a hilarious point to make. (as long as those dots are benefiting from attack power that is).

It applies on ranged attacks as well, so rogues can offer some nice peels defensively with Bloodcursed Felblade + Howling Blade and Unholy Weapon enchant. You would basically make someone on o unable to hit a dent in a pillow xd.

It doesn't stack sadly, it just overwrites the old buff, which is why you need Bloodcursed Felblade + Howling blade, since they are 2 individual debuffs that does the same.
have you the old ilvl 18 version of sword? any difference in number?

@Bestworld I copied over a 39 WW Monk with an Epic sword in it's bank - unbound if that makes any difference. It kept both it's required level of 37 and it's iLevel 0f 51. Screenie is in the 39 Forum section. It's raw dps halved (ish) but was still ~2 points higher than the DG Blues. The scaled Cutlass from Deadmines shows the 2nd highest weapon DPS at 39 ( out of the weapons I have on the 39 ) along with the highest Agility. Not sure how that would work out on a 19 as I cant copy to PTR atm

I'm sure that this will have been said before but the old i32 Ashenvale greens stay at 32 when copied over, I have tested the rings / waist / sword on a 19 Pala, if copy becomes available I'll copy over a mage with the shoulders.

Arcane Bombs look interesting if you have the recipe ( 300 Engineering ) not tested as I don't have a toon on PTR with 300 Eng and the recipe.

I tested some enchants gear swaps etc for BFA in instanced PVP, bare in mind a lot is probably going to change as it is only PTR, but a lot of this is really cool for twinks of all levels.

This is all at level 19, but plenty of good info in general for other brackets as well.

Also this is just a highlight and take from my VOD, so no editing and such but a legit 40 or so minutes of testing various enchants and trinkets etc.

Short list of things i noticed:

All enchants seem active
Most trinkets are working inside arena (BGs yet to be tested)
Gear matters, ILVL does not!

Thanks for taking the time to give us this info! much appreciated man!

By balanced i mean relatively speaking compared to what could have been if instanced pvp was like world pvp in legion. Without templates this xpac literally every op thing would be twice as strong. I dont argue against customization but when everything oneshots maybe we're better of with templates. We either get boring and unbalanced or super aids and super unbalanced in bfa. Templates atleast serve to keep the oneshottyness down a little. Although blizz could take 5mins to scale low lvl dmg and healing but we all know that's not gonna happen.
[doublepost=1529313725,1529313625][/doublepost]
Everything about my comment is completely spot on, try and refute me.

But you just said it yourself. It’s unbalanced and boring so how could it possibly get any worse? You’re rushing to this conclusion that BFA will make everything more unbalanced based on what.. a early version on PTR/Beta?

You do realize that tuning and other adjustments will absolutely happen before BFA actually drops. That’s the whole fucking point of PTR.

But you just said it yourself. It’s unbalanced and boring so how could it possibly get any worse? You’re rushing to this conclusion that BFA will make everything more unbalanced based on what.. a early version on PTR/Beta?

You do realize that tuning and other adjustments will absolutely happen before BFA actually drops. That’s the whole fucking point of PTR.
Things can easily get much, much worse. I am not rushing to my conclusion because blizzard doesn't tune the numbers for low level but for max level. A level which is farther removed from ours with every expansion that comes out. so the balancing at 120 in bfa may very well be literally making the op more op and the weak specs weaker. We have not a single reason to expect PTR will soon look better for 20-29 or 19s. And in past experience the balancing hasn't been good lately. Bm monk and ferals in wod, surv in legion. With PTR looking grim right now i'd say templates are our last chance at a semi decent xpac for low lvl. (instanced pvp im talking about here.)

Anyone checked if we can still get tol barad rep as they are changing tol barad?

Anyone checked if we can still get tol barad rep as they are changing tol barad?
Still don't kick out my 20.

Says "you been awarded 75 honor" for loosing it tol barad.

New honor ui don't show any increase in number.
Safe to asume you are not getting any honor ranks at low levels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread