Some BFA things tested in instance PVP

saxxon

saxxon
Founder

I tested some enchants gear swaps etc for BFA in instanced PVP, bare in mind a lot is probably going to change as it is only PTR, but a lot of this is really cool for twinks of all levels.

This is all at level 19, but plenty of good info in general for other brackets as well.

Also this is just a highlight and take from my VOD, so no editing and such but a legit 40 or so minutes of testing various enchants and trinkets etc.

Short list of things i noticed:

All enchants seem active
Most trinkets are working inside arena (BGs yet to be tested)
Gear matters, ILVL does not!

Last edited:
Love event neck is what did the fireworks at beginning btw. Popped it to test neck slot. Toys in inventory was unusable

What server?
[doublepost=1529060458,1529060006][/doublepost]is it still ilvl or is it scaled now?

ilvl not relevant as it seems ATM, all that matters is your gear/stats.

we will see if that stays.

Pretty sure ilvl templates will be implemented with customization of stats unless anyone has a statement or VoD of a blizz dev saying otherwise

bfa looking worse than legion in terms of class balance right now

So many of your posts are pessimistic...
I'll go ahead and say that class imbalance has been a thing for a long time in wow twinking. cata hunters, mop hunters and rogues, wod bm monks, legion hunts, now BFA hunts and maybe a few others. Seeing how other classes are also becoming pretty strong, having more imbalanced classes just makes it balanced. The fun is in gearing, enchants, and destroying people without them in BGs. Plus in wargames people will obviously put bans on fotm classes or restrictions. It's always been that way. If you're one to solo queue 24/7 then that sucks if you get grouped up on by fotm.

So many of your posts are pessimistic...
I'll go ahead and say that class imbalance has been a thing for a long time in wow twinking. cata hunters, mop hunters and rogues, wod bm monks, legion hunts, now BFA hunts and maybe a few others. Seeing how other classes are also becoming pretty strong, having more imbalanced classes just makes it balanced. The fun is in gearing, enchants, and destroying people without them in BGs. Plus in wargames people will obviously put bans on fotm classes or restrictions. It's always been that way. If you're one to solo queue 24/7 then that sucks if you get grouped up on by fotm.

I feel ya Rob. As long as there isn’t a rediculous imbalance, you kinda need some classes to be stronger than others. Otherwise it will be too balanced and in turn not as fun.

With stats becoming meaningful again, I went ahead and copied my rogue to try and give you guys some info on some grandfathered gear in the PTR. Who knows what will stay the same or change between now and 8.0 release- but I hope it helps.

-Tunic of Westfall is 10 agi 9 Stam (my vanilla +4 stats enchant now reads +8)
When compared to BG crate blue, Quickblade tunic is 7 agi 10 Stam 5 crit 5 vers

-seal of wrynn 3 agi 7 Stam 3 vers and old Argas is 5 agi 7 stam. Quickblade ring is 4agi 6stam 3crit 2vers.

-my old ZG shoulder enchant is now +4 AP. I went ahead and enchanted 24 shoulders (one of each enchant for the two shoulders available for leather). The best one is 2agi 1 crit. Not sure which one that was though. My GFd shoulder enchant from the pvp vendor shows 3stam 2 pvp resil- which also is better than any of the stamina/dodge/parry shoulder enchants in my bank.

-minor channeling ring is now 6 crit

-LFH Head enchant is now +2 agi.

Something that is really interesting to me, and possibly to some of you older players... I had a “Scouting Trousers of the Monkey” with nethercleft leg armor from BC in my bags. With the changes, this is now Scouting Trousers of the Quickblade. 6agi 9stam 4crit 5vers with the nethercleft giving me 1 stam and 1 agi. When comparing this to the BG crate blue legs of the quickblade, which are now 7 agi 10 stam 5crit 4vers- the enchant negates the difference between the two. Now of course, my BG crate pants have +1 armor- but possibly a negligible difference to be able to use the old school pants. BOA legs will likely remain BIS though- as the stats on them gain 4 haste and lose 5 vers compared to my scouting trousers- but the LW only enchant on them is 3 agi 2 crit. Regardless, the ability to test all of this stuff again is awesome.

Similarly, wranglers wristbands of power are now “quickblade” and have the same stats as BG crate wrists, except wrangs are 3 crit 2 vers and BG bracers are 2 crit 3vers.

-Talbar mantle 8 stam 9int. BOA shoulders are 7 Stam 5int 6 haste.

AGM is 11 Stam, where defending trinket is 7 stam 5 vers. BIS is looking like AGM/defending champion.

Im going to mess around on some alts and look at changes. If anyone is curious about specific items let me know!

With stats becoming meaningful again, I went ahead and copied my rogue to try and give you guys some info on some grandfathered gear in the PTR. Who knows what will stay the same or change between now and 8.0 release- but I hope it helps.

-Tunic of Westfall is 10 agi 9 Stam (my vanilla +4 stats enchant now reads +8)
When compared to BG crate blue, Quickblade tunic is 7 agi 10 Stam 5 crit 5 vers

-seal of wrynn 3 agi 7 Stam 3 vers and old Argas is 5 agi 7 stam. Quickblade ring is 4agi 6stam 3crit 2vers.

-my old ZG shoulder enchant is now +4 AP. I went ahead and enchanted 24 shoulders (one of each enchant for the two shoulders available for leather). The best one is 2agi 1 crit. Not sure which one that was though. My GFd shoulder enchant from the pvp vendor shows 3stam 2 pvp resil- which also is better than any of the stamina/dodge/parry shoulder enchants in my bank.

-minor channeling ring is now 6 crit

-LFH Head enchant is now +2 agi.

Something that is really interesting to me, and possibly to some of you older players... I had a “Scouting Trousers of the Monkey” with nethercleft leg armor from BC in my bags. With the changes, this is now Scouting Trousers of the Quickblade. 6agi 9stam 4crit 5vers with the nethercleft giving me 1 stam and 1 agi. When comparing this to the BG crate blue legs of the quickblade, which are now 7 agi 10 stam 5crit 4vers- the enchant negates the difference between the two. Now of course, my BG crate pants have +1 armor- but possibly a negligible difference to be able to use the old school pants. BOA legs will likely remain BIS though- as the stats on them gain 4 haste and lose 5 vers compared to my scouting trousers- but the LW only enchant on them is 3 agi 2 crit. Regardless, the ability to test all of this stuff again is awesome.

Similarly, wranglers wristbands of power are now “quickblade” and have the same stats as BG crate wrists, except wrangs are 3 crit 2 vers and BG bracers are 2 crit 3vers.

-Talbar mantle 8 stam 9int. BOA shoulders are 7 Stam 5int 6 haste.

AGM is 11 Stam, where defending trinket is 7 stam 5 vers. BIS is looking like AGM/defending champion.

Im going to mess around on some alts and look at changes. If anyone is curious about specific items let me know!
BoEs with suffix are getting randomly changed to either aurora quickblade or fireflash in BFA it’s random there is no actual conversion that we are aware of

any word on dancing steel/landslide vs ele force for rogues?

I can try and test these out some time this weekend if no one else does

BoEs with suffix are getting randomly changed to either aurora quickblade or fireflash in BFA it’s random there is no actual conversion that we are aware of

I doubt it is completely random. There have been conversion metrics for this type of thing in the past. Has anyone tried copying the same item multiple times?

I doubt it is completely random. There have been conversion metrics for this type of thing in the past. Has anyone tried copying the same item multiple times?
myself and others have done so -- it's 100% random. not only is aurora/quickblade/fireflash random, but the total # of secondary stats can also vary (total being the sum of the two, e.g. vers+crit)

Users who are viewing this thread