So... the 29s complaints started

I think there is a good point to all of that. Scaling is just messed up. My p2p 20 hunter is stronger and has more health then my 29 hunter which includes gf'd enchants to have even more attackpower then how the enchants scale now with 6.0.2.

The point is not if someone is f2p or what ever, it is just the scaling of everything. For the people who pay for the game, this part of the game is not worth to pay for anymore. I am certain that this is not what Blizzard wants and you can count on it that it will be toned down regardless how annoying this sounds for f2p.

I think there is a good point to all of that. Scaling is just messed up. My p2p 20 hunter is stronger and has more health then my 29 hunter which includes gf'd enchants to have even more attackpower then how the enchants scale now with 6.0.2.

The point is not if someone is f2p or what ever, it is just the scaling of everything. For the people who pay for the game, this part of the game is not worth to pay for anymore. I am certain that this is not what Blizzard wants and you can count on it that it will be toned down regardless how annoying this sounds for f2p.
So, what you're saying is that you expected to dominate due to gear. Must be rough to have to try in PvP.

That post reminds me of every time someone says "I'm not a racist, but...", and the proceeds to say the most racist thing I've ever heard in my life. Basically, it's the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer style of argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you were trying to make a given bracket balanced for nine levels, knowing that the x9 character had access to more gear, abilities, etc than the x0 character, then would you not deliberately scale it so that the x0 character has higher stats to compensate for the lower gear and abilities?

Would maybe a rational person look at that and call it, I don't know, "fair" and "balanced"?

And then I stopped reading. WoW pvp is not balanced nor is blizzard trying to balance it.

Really, because, by your own testament, it sounds like they've accomplished exactly that. Want slightly better scaling at the cost of some abilities? Lock at x0. Want better abilities at the cost of some stats? Lock at x9. Finally we have brackets where every person in the bracket, no matter their level, is roughly equally viable and that concept is so foreign now to people who are used to slanted playing fields that balanced feels unbalanced to them now.

Welcome to the new world.

P2p gear, chants, glyphs, and toys make up for any "advantage" you think f2ps have over p2ps. This scaling isnt new. Nobody complained in the 80-84 bracket that those expac capped 80s had more hp than the 84s, same goes for the 85-89 bracket. Because those at the top of the bracket with access to the best stuff available still dominated those at the bottom.

So what you're saying is that you expected to dominate due to gear. Must be rough to have to try in PvP.

That post reminds me of every time someone says "I'm not a racist, but..."

...But i have a black friend... i CANT be racist.

And then I stopped reading. WoW pvp is not balanced nor is blizzard trying to balance it.

You read your first post right? The one complaining about imbalances?

One thing though, I never included procs. So yeah equal grounds sure...
Not sure what you're trying to say here. I thought you were complaining about how f2ps are overpowered. Now you're saying that we'll never be on equal footing because of your procs? Listen, I know I said I was turning over a new leaf by trying to usher in a new wave of dialogue, but I don't think anyone should have to swallow this tripe.

You've got the 20-29 forums on TI, and the official WoW forums to whine in. You sure picked the wrong shoulder to cry on.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. I thought you were complaining about how f2ps are overpowered. Now you're saying that we'll never be on equal footing because of your procs? Listen, I know I said I was turning over a new leaf by trying to usher in a new wave of dialogue, but I don't think anyone should have to swallow this tripe.

You've got the 20-29 forums on TI, and the official WoW forums to whine in. You sure picked the wrong shoulder to cry on.
I didn't say anything about f2p's being overpowered nor am I crying about anything. The fact that you only look from your f2p perspective is hillarious really. You are on a Twink forum, deal with it.

Have problems with F2P scaling or some such?

Queue up champs...

0B4NJvq.png

I didn't say anything about f2p's being overpowered nor am I crying about anything. The fact that you only look from your f2p perspective is hillarious really. You are on a Twink forum, deal with it.

First paragraph, third sentence, of the above quote: you said that your 20 hunter is stronger and has more health, than your GF'ed 29 hunter. You directly implied the definition of overpowered: more and stronger. Looks like this hunter's backpedaling isn't limited to in-game.

And, FYI, I'm planning on making 29s (or whatever the most active bracket turns out to be)—like people on TI—I'm just wondering why you ended up here. Did you get laughed out of the 20-29 forum for complaining about overpowered f2ps? Ain't nobody got time for this. Good night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandfathered does not always mean it is the best. Hell, Ruby Shades are grandfathered, along with Squealer's belt. But I would not use them on my lvl 20. I have tried explaining this many times to other people in the 29 section and all it did was anger them. In fact, one even challenged me plus four lvl 20's vs his grandfathered lvl 29 to a "delete your toon" dual. 1-29 v 5-20's. When I called him on it in a PM I never heard from him again. So I let it be.
My point being, since scaling has taken place in BGs, playing at the lower end of bracket has been the place to be. Not the top of the bracket, in most cases.
For instance, in a BG post 6.0x, my health increases by nearly 100% and my spellpower increases by over 30%. There is no way a 28-29 healer can match my health. Sure, they may have 15-20% more spellpower , a glyph and a couple extra useful abilities. But scaling overcomes much of that.
/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread