US So iLvl Scaling is a thing on Twinks

Like what I've told you in the private conversation. Armory doesn't always show the right item level. And because of your past it didn't sound legit to have that kind of gear. To get to 882 with your 814 weapon and now 940 boots you have to have 880 items for all other slots and therefore you are the best geared twink in the world atm. And because you didn't provide any proof it just sounded suspecious. Maybe I am wrong in this case if so than sorry for that. But if you make statements like this it is always better to prove it right away. Especially if you like to exaggerate things (what you did in the past).

If you really have that gear and like your druid, wear it. You already put a lot of effort into it. Adn the scaling isn't that bad if you are above 850 and only counts for legion content.

Soon enough there will be a few 101's with that high iLvL, only time/availability and heaps of Gold in the way. Current known absolute cap is 888 iLvL for a 101 wearing anything and everything in every slot, including both 810 Relics.
The scaling kicks in even if it's only "bag gear" - I was just wondering what the change is in boss hp because a mob that changes from 299k to 349k or whatever is not huge at all but if a boss gains 2m health then that's kind of a big deal :)

Ill let you know when i equip the items in a couple of weeks
You don't have to equip the items to make the mobs or bosses scale.. They scale according to the item level of your character aka items in your bags, in your bank etc. If you have 850 ilvl EQUIPPED but 882 in your bags then the mobs will scale to 882 ilvl

16.5% increase in health to bosses health with ilvl 882 items in my bank. Thanks to CDs for doing the math.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_042217_232610.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_042217_232610.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 429
So basically Rokmora gains ~2.1m hp going from 850 ilvl to 882 ilvl - that's pretty significant!
Does it really matter? No. Mobs still die in seconds. And tbh if you kill a boss in ~10sec with 850, the same mob will still die in ~10sec with 884. And on top of that you are stronger vs. players and vs. all content before legion.

got some more 890's today. So my unequipped ILvl is 884 and Rokmora Health continues to increase.
If you had the time, you could get us a lot of useful info by sending one of your unequipped BoEs to alt, making a note of your ilvl and Rokmoras health, then repeat until your average ilvl is 850. That would give us a range of ilvls to figure out exactly how it scales.

You can probably target Rokmura from the instance entrance without needing to go down the tunnel each time and theres a mailbox in Thunder Totem. Would be best to do it with the default UI so the health isnt shortened to millions :)

Does it really matter? No. Mobs still die in seconds. And tbh if you kill a boss in ~10sec with 850, the same mob will still die in ~10sec with 884. And on top of that you are stronger vs. players and vs. all content before legion.
True that :) I love testing though and if someone runs NL for AP/boosts dungs or whatever then it might not be worth getting all these insane ilvl upgrades since, as u say, the boss dies in around 10 secs whether u're 884 or 850 :)

If you had the time, you could get us a lot of useful info by sending one of your unequipped BoEs to alt, making a note of your ilvl and Rokmoras health, then repeat until your average ilvl is 850. That would give us a range of ilvls to figure out exactly how it scales.

You can probably target Rokmura from the instance entrance without needing to go down the tunnel each time and theres a mailbox in Thunder Totem. Would be best to do it with the default UI so the health isnt shortened to millions :)

Can't target Rokmora from the entrance sadly. He's being summoned when you enter and you have to jump down there to have the RP go off before he becomes targetable. Otherwise runs would be a good 15-20 seconds faster XD

Can't target Rokmora from the entrance sadly. He's being summoned when you enter and you have to jump down there to have the RP go off before he becomes targetable. Otherwise runs would be a good 15-20 seconds faster XD
Actually '/target Rokmora' works :D

Users who are viewing this thread