Smelting Pants

citing the front page post: smelting pants new stats will be 8stam 7crit

will this outperform leggings of the fang?

less ap, but ~2(ballpark)% crit sounds juicy for ambush rogues and the like...

600107-oh_you_super.jpg

I would say the ap loss isnt really worth the crit, since the fang pants would give crit anyway.

And youd lose the 4 expertise set bonus from fang set if you were going for that

Omgimarogue said:
citing the front page post: smelting pants new stats will be 8stam 7crit

will this outperform leggings of the fang?

less ap, but ~2(ballpark)% crit sounds juicy for ambush rogues and the like...

Fang legs will still be the best for rogues. Hunters get a nice treat though. :)

Nice. I am so using those on my shaman, which is still in 5/5 legs. I can stop trying to hunt down a pair of Darkweave Breeches. :D

Duckhunt said:
Fang legs will still be the best for rogues. Hunters get a nice treat though. :)

i dont understand that one, aren't hunter and rogues using the same mechanics to begin with ?

both need AP from agility, except one gets RAP instead, both uses CRIT to boost their dps as well as their AP for it. basically they are identical so i am trying to understand why those pants would be better for hunters and not for rogues.

its a nice item, and it will increase itemisation choices, but i cant see it out performing legs of the fang for a rogue tbh, might be fun to do some maths on tho, although 13 ap ~0.9% crit vs 2% crit + 3 stam does make for some interesting choices.

Might be fun to rock on my druid and shaman tho for crit sets :)

ArthurianKnight said:
i dont understand that one, aren't hunter and rogues using the same mechanics to begin with ?

both need AP from agility, except one gets RAP instead, both uses CRIT to boost their dps as well as their AP for it. basically they are identical so i am trying to understand why those pants would be better for hunters and not for rogues.

to add to what Elocon said, rogues, unlike hunters, use expertise(which is a set bon us of the fang set) which is their best offensive stat

hunters do get melee AP from str, and hunters do use melee quite well for dps, just nobody wants to.

expertise is a general stats that affects all attacks, including ranged, not just melee.

because ranged can still be dodged, parried or blocked.

blizzard has made the stats general, not just used for one person.

also why crit rating affect all now, not just melee or ranged, but also spell.

i see these pants becoming good for dps casters actually !

ArthurianKnight said:
hunters do get melee AP from str, and hunters do use melee quite well for dps, just nobody wants to.

expertise is a general stats that affects all attacks, including ranged, not just melee.

blizzard has made the stats general, not just used for one person.

also why crit rating affect all now, not just melee or ranged, but also spell.

Expertise i tank stat fool, whatchootokingbout fool!

ArthurianKnight said:

um, no.

ArthurianKnight said:
Remember, these are leather. There's not many boomkin, but shaman should enjoy them.

ArthurianKnight said:

Fail. You are completely wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread