Shadowlands Pre-Patch Check List

does anyone remember if bfa mid/end of zone azerite armor scale with level or not? i remember legion end of zone items did not scale with level and were flat ilvl 800, usable on a level 98. therefore there is hope that it might be working as intended and not be nerfed. low levels are definitely not supposed to have azerite armor, but since the quests have been replaced with non azerite versions, it might also be working as intended
They don't. They were 295 for end of zone azerite, and you could get them on a 110. So the quest rewards aren't azerite anymore? They have stats on them?

So do I need to unlock apexis dailies for these rares to be there? Or are they just there? Or can I unlock them on my main and fly my vets there on their separate account?

Fyi for anyone doing the dragon trinket. You can only use the gems from the merchant not the Cogwheels you make. Panda crafted ones have ilevel req.

but since the quests have been replaced with non azerite versions, it might also be working as intended

Well... if the azerite rewards have been replaced with non-azerite then "working as intended" is right out the window for anyone under 50 with functional azerite armor. I just did the first azerite reward chain for Zuldazar and got working azerite reward, as I had the HoA before i did it - are those non-azerite rewarded for anyone without HoA?

They were 295 for end of zone azerite, and you could get them on a 110.

Only the last two were 295, right? Last two of all 3 zones' stories? The rest were 280 or something... but yes on the 110.

Now we cant even get the second in the first zone, can we? Just the first and the scrolls quest one? It's a shame they decide to just level gate everything instead of making it inactive in BG, I'd enjoy tinkering around it all just for kicks.

edit- oops, looks like it was the last 3 pieces per faction not two.

Last edited:
does anyone remember if bfa mid/end of zone azerite armor scale with level or not? i remember legion end of zone items did not scale with level and were flat ilvl 800, usable on a level 98. therefore there is hope that it might be working as intended and not be nerfed. low levels are definitely not supposed to have azerite armor, but since the quests have been replaced with non azerite versions, it might also be working as intended

I am almost certain the legion end of items will be nerfed, at least imo. They are obtainable on a level 10 at ilvl 50

Well... if the azerite rewards have been replaced with non-azerite then "working as intended" is right out the window for anyone under 50 with functional azerite armor. I just did the first azerite reward chain for Zuldazar and got working azerite reward, as I had the HoA before i did it - are those non-azerite rewarded for anyone without HoA?
im talking about the non azerite versions working as intended for those that do not have HoA. apparently they are ilvl 59 and give secondary stats. i havent done bfa yet so i cant confirm.

Only the last two were 295, right? Last two of all 3 zones' stories? The rest were 280 or something... but yes on the 110.

Now we cant even get the second in the first zone, can we? Just the first and the scrolls quest one? It's a shame they decide to just level gate everything instead of making it inactive in BG, I'd enjoy tinkering around it all just for kicks.
the first 4 were ilvl 280 and the last 3 were ilvl 295. 7 quests in total including a war campaign one. the ilvl is a small difference after the squish. i believe level 20s can get the 2 rewards from the first zone. level 25s can get another 2 rewards from the 2nd zone. and the last zone requires level 35

I kinda regret getting my HOA then doing the quest chain for the 59 items, since its azerite its definitely going to get "requires level 40" slapped on all the pieces just like the chest from the questchain already did

In retrospect, i'd of got the ilevel non azerite59 helm/ (scroll helm prenerf)chest/shoulder, then gotten my HoA after. Ah well.

Honestly i'm assuming all of this gets stealth nerfed to scale with ilevel anyways, so i've been using my current gear to work on socketed BC set. Much easier when I can solo the dungeon to get the right drops via personal loot

im talking about the non azerite versions working as intended for those that do not have HoA. apparently they are ilvl 59 and give secondary stats. i havent done bfa yet so i cant confirm.

Gotcha... yeah I agree i'd happily take the stat versions "as intended".

I kinda regret getting my HOA then doing the quest chain for the 59 items, since its azerite its definitely going to get "requires level 40" slapped on all the pieces just like the chest from the questchain already did

Me too, I just finished it like 45 mins ago lol... It was a fresh toon tho, can just reroll another no loss. I feel bad for invested people tho when it gets nerfed - but honestly the stats could be worse in a lot of cases so I'd wager itll all get broke.

Also incase the high ilevel helms get nerfed, if we have to use gems with meta sockets. [Mystical Skyfire Diamond] Still gives the high amount of haste as seen before prepatch

this is correct! It seems that only Shadowmoon Valley, Frostfire Ridge, and Gorgrond are the only zones 19s can do though due to level restrictions.

has anyone used chromie time for these? For some reason there's like 1 jillion level 50's in every area today. wtf?

Not even grouped for lowbies, just plain roaming around killing everyhting.

Gotcha... yeah I agree i'd happily take the stat versions "as intended".

Me too, I just finished it like 45 mins ago lol... It was a fresh toon tho, can just reroll another no loss. I feel bad for invested people tho when it gets nerfed - but honestly the stats could be worse in a lot of cases so I'd wager itll all get broke.

The only thing I suspect won't get nerfed is the HoA itself, although I assume the ability to get it will. They won't want to add a level req to it or it'll mess up timewalking etc, and they want you still using azerite + HoA for non shadowlands stuff (since they let essences still work besides in shadowlands)

So yeah, it'll get wonky anyways down the road. It'll be fun having crazy stats either way, but i'm definitely preparing a second bc/wotlk set that just uses regular attained stuff to be safe.
[doublepost=1602972627,1602972418][/doublepost]
Also incase the high ilevel helms get nerfed, if we have to use gems with meta sockets. [Mystical Skyfire Diamond] Still gives the high amount of haste as seen before prepatch

I tried the melee/ranged version of that (thundering skyfire diamond), and it does seem to proc, 120haste is nice.

Also dont know if it super big deal, but you can use the Relics of the Past on some rings that have sockets

Hoping not to sound dumb, but can you use them on the legion crafted legendaries with 3 sockets? Dont know how it works yet...

Users who are viewing this thread