Shadowlands Pre-Patch Check List

Hoping not to sound dumb, but can you use them on the legion crafted legendaries with 3 sockets? Dont know how it works yet...

Nah only some craftables have the option,
Keep in mind the ilvl for the ones you can scale down kinda suck (ilvl 19 if you use a relic 1 so it's useable level 24~ and under). I scaled down a Necklace of the Deep and Savage Titanium Ring and both are pretty disappointing compared to other options. I didn't see any that had much promise to scale down, besides maybe that jewelcrafting only 2 socket boar trinket

Oh, and the ghost iron dragonling scaled down + the buyable cata cogwheel gems (the guy i used is located in twilight highlands) (req 75 cata eng to buy, but you can do it on a main and it wont bind the dragon)

Last edited:
If there are no drop 2 socket belts. dont forget that Pandaria professions have 2 socket ones that u can use relics on

If there are no drop 2 socket belts. dont forget that Pandaria professions have 2 socket ones that u can use relics on
Keep an eye out for the dungeon quests too, there's some decent stuff sometimes in the BC dungeon quests inside.

For mail, old hillsbrad dungeon quest gives 2 socket one, https://www.wowhead.com/quest=29599/escape-from-durnholde
For any class, shadow labs dungeon quest gives 2 socket boots, though the cloth ones have 0 secondary stats, https://www.wowhead.com/quest=29644/into-the-heart-of-the-labyrinth

Last edited:
if anyone is having trouble getting agility cloaks this is the one we have available to us: https://www.wowhead.com/item=119349/craven-cowards-cloak

Had trouble finding it since the only other one is in Nagrand which we cant loot.
It seems the guides I posted don't include all of the rare spawns, I found this while killing the rares in those zones on my 19 druid. I might make my own section that includes all available rare spawns in each zone. Thank you for posting this!

I wonder if we are able to use the belt buckles to add more sockets on the belts. I just remember my hunter and rogue doing SoO with triple socketed belts. Was fucking nasty.

I wonder if we are able to use the belt buckles to add more sockets on the belts. I just remember my hunter and rogue doing SoO with triple socketed belts. Was fucking nasty.

I believe there is a level req for belt buckle

azerite version : https://www.wowhead.com/item=155250/rastari-helm?bonus=0:1471
new version : https://www.wowhead.com/item=175283/rastari-helm
wowhead doesnt list the quest its awarded in yet

So now looking at the scrolls quest helm on a non-HoA level 20, that new version scales down to ilvl 25 and is as useless as any other reward - yet on wowhead it shows as the ilvl 59 version... are we sure that the "new version" linked there stays ilvl 59?

I'm guessing it doesnt and drops to 25 like the other, and in that case no..... i dont like it anymore. HoA for me til nerf. :oops:

So now looking at the scrolls quest helm on a non-HoA level 20, that new version scales down to ilvl 25 and is as useless as any other reward - yet on wowhead it shows as the ilvl 59 version... are we sure that the "new version" linked there stays ilvl 59?

I'm guessing it doesnt and drops to 25 like the other, and in that case no..... i dont like it anymore. HoA for me til nerf. :oops:
i have not tested it myself but this was said
There are 2 options of quest rewards: azerite pieces if you have hoa and secondary statted if you dont have one.
Azerite version of chest is levelgated, but if you dont have hoa you still get a usable ilvl58 chest
im not sure if that only applies to chest, or head and shoulders as well

The agility ring might not be available, since talador is phased for us.

I just got it actually, I waited near the enterance to the area, (Arch of shataar?), right before it phased me. Then just dragged the consort close enough to loot on my 20 using another character (50 i was flying around on).

I just got it actually, I waited near the enterance to the area, (Arch of shataar?), right before it phased me. Then just dragged the consort close enough to loot on my 20 using another character (50 i was flying around on).
Smart, ill have to exit chromie time to try this. since its not unique equip we should be able to use two of the same type.

Smart, ill have to exit chromie time to try this. since its not unique equip we should be able to use two of the same type.

Oh nice, didn't realize it wasn't unique. Though i doubt we'll get to use these for very long, since it's off a skull mob, i suspect it'll get a "requires level 30" slapped on it pretty quick

Oh nice, didn't realize it wasn't unique. Though i doubt we'll get to use these for very long, since it's off a skull mob, i suspect it'll get a "requires level 30" slapped on it pretty quick.
the max they can do is the minimum of the zone, if they want players to have access to what the rare drops. Since i doubt they would target this rare specifically I imagine the requirement would be lvl 20 if any. I imagine they will just scale the drops correctly, hopefully grandfathering the gear

the max they can do is the minimum of the zone, if they want players to have access to what the rare drops. Since i doubt they would target this rare specifically I imagine the requirement would be lvl 20 if any. I imagine they will just scale the drops correctly, hopefully grandfathering the gear

Normally, but these rares were actually max level WoD content. The ones dropping the 44 ilevel stuff isn't really meant to be killed by the average 92 running through talador, they were level 100 mobs for "endgame" area of talador etc (where the apexis missions sent you to kill stuff for the lvl 3 garrison daily)

In all the zones, there was a special area that was for apexis daily stuff for level 100s, that's all these ilvl 44 areas. Socrethar's rise is another area like that in shadowmoon, so yeah, i definitely could see them level locking this to whatever 100 scaled down to

Grandfathering gear that is roughly twice the ilvl of leveler/new twink gear will definitely do more harm than good to the bracket imo.

question, are the scrolls from chest just super RNG? ive opened prob 7 or 8 so far and havent gotten starter quest. Have HOA if that is required

Users who are viewing this thread