Shadowlands Enchant Scaling

Swoops

Legend
Hi friends, I finished up the first update to my enchant scaling sheet for Shadowlands! 19s and 29s are pretty much done, 39s coming very soon. 49s might not be til after prepatch, I don't think anything will actually scale down for them though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12xz0243YlWix58YrVRZqdg4xLaszpxjr2gfAMt7XZBs

There's one major change coming, invisible hidden item level requirements.

The following enchants/enhancements definitely have item level requirements:
  • BfA Enchants
  • Spellthreads
  • Shoulder Enchants
  • Scopes
  • Armor kits
They don't seem to apply to enchants from pre-BfA Enchanting. Only exception I've found - the budget secondary stat neck enchants added mid-Legion (Mark of the Quick/Deadly/Versatile/Master). Some profession-specific enchants also don't have item level requirements, namely Cata/Wrath Inscription shoulder enchants and Pandaria Leatherworking leg reinforcements.

These requirements prevent enchants from being applied AND stop them from working. As it works now there's no grandfathering happening (no guarantees it stays this way - rip helm enchants). If you can't put a fresh enchant on an item, a previously applied one won't work. They show up normally on your gear still, but you won't get any stats or procs.

Requirements apply to the current scaled level of heirlooms. You can apply enchants to heirlooms if they're scaled to a high enough item level to be eligible, but the enchant won't work when it's mailed to a lower level character where heirlooms are below the requirement.

I've narrowed down the ilevel requirement on almost everything that I've found with one (thank god for spammable PTR copies to dupe/save mats). The TL;DR is that 19s will have pretty limited options for shoulder enchants, leg enchants and scopes. If the obviously broken (legion) gear is fixed, the enchant glitch can no longer be used to bypass requirements (it will probably be relevant for 29s, they start to get gear that qualifies for enhancements they can't use themselves).

At very low levels, some things may scale down enough to not give any stats. For example, Master's Inscription of the Storm gave 1 sp but 0 crit on a level 10 that learned Northrend Inscription, even though the tooltip said 1 sp/1 crit.

Questions/comments/suggestions/concerns always welcome. I definitely have some work to do cleaning things up and making it more clear what's available at different levels, but some of that will have to come after we're sure what gear we're actually getting.

There's a ton of stuff and I haven't been able to test out everything, so let me know if you find anything that doesn't match with what I have here and I'll update!

Last edited:
Figured chants from bfa on weapons were not working at least coastal surge wasnt for me on my previous 39 ( now 17). Shame about the shoulder enchants.

This is a very nice list well done.

<3

Figured chants from bfa on weapons were not working at least coastal surge wasnt for me on my previous 39 ( now 17). Shame about the shoulder enchants.

This is a very nice list well done.

Yeah, pretty disappointing to lose out on some of this stuff. BfA weapon enchants especially added some nice options.

Shoulders/legs might not be quite as bad as they look. The MoP LW leg reinforcements don't actually require LW after they're applied, so we might be able to pick up LW, enchant our legs and then drop it for inscription. The wrath inscription enchants are pretty decent and worked for me on a level 10. Not 100% sure this will work because I can't get to Pandaria on PTR to learn MoP LW (game dies every time I try to load in there), but I think it should.

As always, Swoops, you are a fucking legend

give this man a medal!

Give this man a "valued tester" golden badge! Swoops continues to do this critical work expansion after expansion! I can only imagine the hit rate on that google doc over the next month.

Hah, can't say I care very much about badges but I appreciate the kind words everyone!

@Swoops Are there still ranks to Heavy/Primal Leg Reinforcements like there was before? If so, do they all scale the same?

Nah, the lower ranks got removed completely at some point awhile back. I've only seen the one rank on different heirloom legs I have, and the 80 shaman I had with low enough LW for just the first wrath rank (like 400 something at the time) only has the MoP ones with automatically learned level 1 Pandaria LW.

Hah, can't say I care very much about badges but I appreciate the kind words everyone!

Nah, the lower ranks got removed completely at some point awhile back. I've only seen the one rank on different heirloom legs I have, and the 80 shaman I had with low enough LW for just the first wrath rank (like 400 something at the time) only has the MoP ones with automatically learned level 1 Pandaria LW.

Good man, love u

Awesome works Swoops.
Much appreciated.
Though...... I did shed a tear when I saw what’s happening with Scopes.......:(
Well, at least F2P’s will be on the same playing ground... being able to get a top end Scope from a box in Gnomer.....:eek:

Not an enchant but my price of progress trinket on my 39 now 17 no longer seems to proc.

Users who are viewing this thread