Shadowlands Enchant Scaling

so what's the story on weapon dmg chant, and the note in the chart
"weapon damage - better than 1h enchant despite tooltip"
what's this mean? is there some reason you'd choose the 2h chant for +4 when scaled to 29 over the 1h +5?

what's this mean? is there some reason you'd choose the 2h chant for +4 when scaled to 29 over the 1h +5?

In the past, one had better agility scaling for some reason over the other, despite the tooltip being better on the other. I have no clue if that's still the case.

Think minor speed stacking with other speeds where as the others don't despite having the same thing + extra stats. It's just the enchant itself being weirdly broken.

Also, some enchants tooltips are just straight up broken, so the scaling is all wrong compared to what they actually end up giving.

I didn't have the time(/motivation) to calculate exactly what was going on with the numbers there at the time. Definitely some sort of tooltip issue, or calculation difference - the 1h one said it added more weapon damage, but the 2h enchant actually added more damage when both were applied to a 2h weapon.

Great list!
Do you have some names of obtainable gems?
I had trouble finding out what gems I can use, or what to look for at AH.
For example - as warrior, I can use Bold (+3 str) or Sovereign (+2 str +2 stam)
-as hunter Delicate (+3 agi) or some +2 agi +2 crit...
I dont know what are the options
Thank you

Great list!
Do you have some names of obtainable gems?
I had trouble finding out what gems I can use, or what to look for at AH.
For example - as warrior, I can use Bold (+3 str) or Sovereign (+2 str +2 stam)
-as hunter Delicate (+3 agi) or some +2 agi +2 crit...
I dont know what are the options
Thank you
Tbc and wotlk + mark of honor vendor

Hey all. I have created a copy of this great spreadsheet and updated most of the stats post-Dragonflight. Leaving a link for whoever is interested. Keep in mind I have not tested:
- armor/dodge/health and some other enchants with stats that are not relevant
- weapon enchants that do not look remotely promising
- shield spikes and armor kits

This spreadsheet is a temporary thing just until OP is back. If there is something important that I have missed, let me know and I would try to test it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-xxYftaqYzszUdG8nd603ue9wwPY-BrOs0O4/pubhtml#

TLDR, there is a new bis Agi(ap) gloves enchant, bis Casters (sp) bracers enchant and WTLK 1 stat gems are scaling to 2 instead of 3 main stat (so TBC is BIS).

Excellent Work @DoByG

I can say that I have tested many SL enchants that provide stats and none of them seem to work outside of fall damage and hearthing.

Do you think it might be a good idea to mark (basically all) enchants below BFA/ SL wep enchants as gf'd currently? I expect these will become non Gf'd when/if Blizz raises enchant ilevel requirements to match item scaling changes.

Excellent Work @DoByG

I can say that I have tested many SL enchants that provide stats and none of them seem to work outside of fall damage and hearthing.

Do you think it might be a good idea to mark (basically all) enchants below BFA/ SL wep enchants as gf'd currently? I expect these will become non Gf'd when/if Blizz raises enchant ilevel requirements to match item scaling changes.

Sure, I will write something explaining the situation, it may not be intuitive for someone coming back from a break. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread