Self imposed challenges (timesinks really)

Kasend

Grandfathered
So I recently saw a video about leveling with exclusively grey items. Certainly not the most creative challenge but it got me thinking, what the hell else is there to do? I'd say it'll do us all some good to waste time on a pointless challenge we'll never finish. So to start us off I've brainstormed a few ideas.

Completionist run: Complete every quest in game at the appropriate level. Gain exalted with every faction at the appropriate level. Complete every dungeon and raid at the appropriate level. Masochists may include achievements, but that's not appropriate for any level. Killing all rares might also tickle your fancy. And no heirlooms while you're at it!

All BGs All The Time: You guessed it, level exclusively via Battlegrounds. Start at level 10 with a full grey set of your class's armor type and away you go! Theoretically you could use any gear gained via pvp, but I'd suggest sticking to your beautiful vendor bought set all the way to 110.

Kritter Killer: Level exclusively via pet battles, okay this one is only fun for Pokémon masters, you'll have enough time to catch them all, and maybe even level one of each pet to 25.

Thats all i could think of off the top of my head. I would love to hear all of your ideas! No real theme to this, doesn't have to be difficult, just mildly entertaining.

Some of us completed all quests/raid/dungeons "at the appropriate level". Some of us did it when they were current content.

The people that say they are "bored" probably haven't played the game very much in all reality.

/cheers

Could try the Lord of the rings challenge too, where depending on your race could only equip a green item of a one slot, plus you have to get The 1-ring to drop and then make your way to Blackrock mountain on foot

Some of us completed all quests/raid/dungeons "at the appropriate level".
That is literally impossible. You would out-level multiple Zones as you tried to do all Quests/Dungeons (not so much Raids) "at the appropriate level".

That is literally impossible. You would out-level multiple Zones as you tried to do all Quests/Dungeons (not so much Raids) "at the appropriate level".

Not if they were done when it was current content. I received the "Seeker" achievement on one of my accounts back in late '08. And the "Loremaster" on that same account a few months later in early '09.

Not if they were done when it was current content. I received the "Seeker" achievement on one of my accounts back in late '08. And the "Loremaster" on that same account a few months later in early '09.
You aren't understanding what I said in response to your Comment. You CANNOT have done EVERY SINGLE Quest/Dungeon "AT the Appropriate Level" no matter if you did them when it was the current XPac or not. If you chose to do the Zone Azshara and completed every single Quest in the entire Zone and then flipped over to say Ghostlands to do the same you'd already out-Level the initial Quests in Ghostlands (both Level 10-20 Zones). Then if you decided to mop up Northern Barrens & Silverpine Forrest (also Level 10-20 Zones) you'd probably see all the Quests as "Low Level" by that time.

Dungeons would be the exact same.

To drive the point further, and using WotLK as the example, you weren't able to complete 100% of each Zone's Quests and clear each Dungeon (even only once) while Leveling from 70 > 80 without hitting 80 before you were done. In fact, by the time you hit 80 you had maybe 65% of Northrend complete. That means you out-Leveled a large chunk of Quests/Dungeons by the time you got to them.

Xp gains didn't use to be as large as they are now. Leveling WAS the game once upon a time. That is how I was able to get the achievement so early.

You are correct, it would be 'impossible' since there are so many starting zones. Practically one for every race.

One could simply stop their XP now and do quests at their appropriate level. Hell, there are tons of Trials that have done every quest available to them.

I have a Level 10 with the 1000 Quest Achievement so I know well about doing everything that's available and only Vanilla WoW was the way you say in which you could actually run out of Quests to do and iirc around Level 54-56 you had to just grind mobs in Sillithus to hit 60.

Outside of Vanilla WoW you are correct that the only way to actually do ALL Content while at the appropriate Level would be to stop XP over and over probably every 2-3 Levels which would be annoying AF but I guess that could be a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread