Salute, Nat Pagle's.

lavishly jeweled ring can be aquired without gaining exp (fyi).

older twinks have been screwed over plenty of times. remember leg kits? people used to have librams on their leggings. then they got screwed over.

professions also did that too in terms of leveling.

what you have to realize is that blizzard really doesn't care much about lower levels. if you don't plan your twink well, you're usually not going to be perfect.

also, leggings of the fang can be obtained without getting exp :)

Druiddroid said:
lavishly jeweled ring can be aquired without gaining exp (fyi).

older twinks have been screwed over plenty of times. remember leg kits? people used to have librams on their leggings. then they got screwed over.

professions also did that too in terms of leveling.

what you have to realize is that blizzard really doesn't care much about lower levels. if you don't plan your twink well, you're usually not going to be perfect.

also, leggings of the fang can be obtained without getting exp :)

yeah but the leg armors were obtainable by anyone with gaining any exp. doesn't really hurt them that much. yeah, i know about the lotf thing, but my ally warr is gonna get hurt due to those leggings of westfall or w/e not being obtainable for me

Unstablle said:
yeah but the leg armors were obtainable by anyone with gaining any exp. doesn't really hurt them that much. yeah, i know about the lotf thing, but my ally warr is gonna get hurt due to those leggings of westfall or w/e not being obtainable for me

how is your alliance warr close to leveling?

see, that's just poor planning : /

also, yes leg armors were obtainable without gaining EXP. but then again so are some BoP leggings. also, stuff that's being taken away (ie profession buffs, fishing gear) does take experience to get.

2k hot + 500 health from mining is a much bigger thing than the leggings of westfall. rebuilding the 19 warrior to get the leggings wouldn't take much work anyways. in fact, when 3.1 hits you might be able to make a fully decked 19 warrior in a day (granted you'll need a shadowfang..)

Druiddroid said:
no, it's not that bad. 3k health vs 400 health, as compared to what 80 has (idk what 80, it's not that bad though)? cmon. the twinks have the upper advantage.

Just taking a look at the Arena Tournament Current Standings 3/31/09, on MMO champ the top rated mage there has about 18.5k health in there pvp gear and about 1850sp, the newly dinged 80 mage in my mains guild has about 13.5k health and 1380sp

So thats abut 35% more health if you do this in the twink bracket for 19's your looking at a well geared pvp twink having about 600hp compared to the levelling players 400hp, where the big difference comes in is in the dps output. so basically Bliz is turning everyone who twinks into a glass cannon.

I can't see this working personally with out bring down the damage output of the twinks and boosting health on the none twinked players your still going to get the problem of the none twinks being face rolled.

Druiddroid said:
i'd rather not work for them TBH : /

So because an item is best in slot and you actually have to work for it, let's be honest Druid, THAT is why you're fine with boots and anything else they decide to nerf that is worked for.

Pretty lame if you ask me.

Druiddroid said:
how is your alliance warr close to leveling?

see, that's just poor planning : /

Well, I think that's not exactly a fair statement. In some cases, even the best planning can fail if you didn't foresee the upcoming changes. As an example, I'll point to the leather pants in the 29's. The Triprunner Dungeness (spelling is probingly wrong) will become the de-facto rogue/cat druid pants, and many Twinks I know did the quest, and sold off the pants- so now the only recourse is to re-roll? Or take the 28-29 level "Crunch." For druids/shamans, the panther pants (hunting quests) will soon be king, but as most leather-wearing twinks know, getting the "required" gear in the 28-29 range is really XP tight as it is- I did every trick in the "no XP" book from 28-29, and I'm still about 4500 from 30- there's no way I can or could have gotten these pants without sacrificing some other gear piece. How could anyone foresee that and plan accordingly, I wonder? Incidentally, it's this fact that makes me want to park/retire the 29 so early after I created him.

You’re suggesting that, in order to have properly planned out our characters, we should have though about quest pants that where inferior at the time? After more than a year of accepted leg patches? I think that’s a bit of a stretch…

Rayekk said:
Well, I think that's not exactly a fair statement. In some cases, even the best planning can fail if you didn't foresee the upcoming changes. As an example, I'll point to the leather pants in the 29's. The Triprunner Dungeness (spelling is probingly wrong) will become the de-facto rogue/cat druid pants, and many Twinks I know did the quest, and sold off the pants- so now the only recourse is to re-roll? Or take the 28-29 level "Crunch." For druids/shamans, the panther pants (hunting quests) will soon be king, but as most leather-wearing twinks know, getting the "required" gear in the 28-29 range is really XP tight as it is- I did every trick in the "no XP" book from 28-29, and I'm still about 4500 from 30- there's no way I can or could have gotten these pants without sacrificing some other gear piece. How could anyone foresee that and plan accordingly, I wonder? Incidentally, it's this fact that makes me want to park/retire the 29 so early after I created him.

You’re suggesting that, in order to have properly planned out our characters, we should have though about quest pants that where inferior at the time? After more than a year of accepted leg patches? I think that’s a bit of a stretch…

i'm saying that 95% of twink characters, if planned properly, should have been able to get all the new changes using the EXP they have at X9.

Mother Goose said:
So because an item is best in slot and you actually have to work for it, let's be honest Druid, THAT is why you're fine with boots and anything else they decide to nerf that is worked for.

Pretty lame if you ask me.

i've got a few characters that have argueably perfect gear (aside rare items) as well as leg kits and enchants and what not. i've fished for about 10 weeks total in the tourney. i like to have perfect twinks, although i am lazy.

all i'm saying is i'd rather not do the work for perfect gear.

you guys exagerate everything...

seriously, just wait and see, even though it seems many things have changed the PTR is nothing to brag about.

we'll be fixed when it comes out !

Druiddroid said:
i'm saying that 95% of twink characters, if planned properly, should have been able to get all the new changes using the EXP they have at X9.

So, does that mean that leather-wearing 29's are the 5% minority? :D

aint been playing for months, glad i didnt waste my time fishing :p

i can see positives and negatives to this change and i for one am 100% happy about it :)

i imagine the hardcore twinks out there will be pissed though but w.e

less qq more pewpew

I just like debating with Druid I think....

Glacial stone takes you far into 19, if you want to get that, beetle clasps, & arctic buckler you will be quite a ways to 19. Still able to get new stuff they've put in I'd say but it is definately one of the classes that is harder to gear at 19.

Hunters are definately pretty tough to gear at 29 with MHR, Razzerics and all the Nessingway quests, cuts it very close.

Mother Goose said:
Glacial stone takes you far into 19, if you want to get that, beetle clasps, & arctic buckler you will be quite a ways to 19. Still able to get new stuff they've put in I'd say but it is definately one of the classes that is harder to gear at 19.

all 3 of those items are attainable at level 18.

i'm not sure, but i think if you do it perfectly you should be able to get all 3 without leveling to 19. i don't know about that though.

Hunters are definately pretty tough to gear at 29 with MHR, Razzerics and all the Nessingway quests, cuts it very close.

nessingwary requires level 28.

i have heard 29 hunters having problems getting all of their gear, though. they make up for it with their overall overpoweredness :p

Glacial Stone alone takes you from 18 into 19 btw Druid. I've never had an 80 run the whole thing to suck up XP or do it with limited kills/no xp etc so that may help, but it puts you quite a bit into 19 so I'm not sure that would keep you from dinging 19. Definately can't get all three before hitting 19.

And I know the Master quests are 28 but it still cuts it very close as they have to get the Master Hunter's Rifle as well.

In the defense of the close to dinging warrior. For instance, my Warlock is 39 and was 0% into 39 when finished with gear. When he was made, Pulsating Crystalline Shard was a +healing item and I left it behind. Doing this quest now took me 66% to 40, this was with limited/no help however to suck up some xp gain.

Nobody honestly plays a twink to play on an even field. the reason people make twinks is to be able to steamroll puggers, and have a fair chance against other twinks. anyone saying "well this will restore balance blah blah" doesn't have an idea of what twinking is. go ahead and tell yourself it will make everything more fair, but just wait until the patch hits and your HP drops 300% and you start geting owned by buttonmashing paladins who just started playing. then i highly doubt you will be happy about the patch.

people play twinks to be better than everybody else. anyone who says otherwise is just lying.

Ramune said:
people play twinks to be better than everybody else. anyone who says otherwise is just lying.

yeah, i'm better than everybody else. oh wait. there's thousands of other people who are 'better than everybody else' too.

reasons i twink

less CC than higher brackets. i hate being able to do nothing.

community is great. see the same people sometimes and can talk about games with them.

no gear grind after your toon is geared. don't have to update your character all of the time, so you can take breaks and don't have to play all the time.

no honor grinding from other players. no "let them win".

ability to create multiple twinks easily. it's much more difficult to have multiple 80s. this allows for more diversity.

edit: i hate leveling. hate it with a passion. i hate it. i hate leveling. i really do. badly. (my main is 61)

Druiddroid said:
reasons i twink

less CC than higher brackets. i hate being able to do nothing.

community is great. see the same people sometimes and can talk about games with them.

no gear grind after your toon is geared. don't have to update your character all of the time, so you can take breaks and don't have to play all the time.

no honor grinding from other players. no "let them win".

ability to create multiple twinks easily. it's much more difficult to have multiple 80s. this allows for more diversity.

This sums it up quite nicely to be honest. Not everyone fits in your tagging of a twink Ramune.

Only thing I do enjoy grinding for rare/hard to get gear but on the other hand I enjoy it the most when the character is finished with all that gear to look back on knowing I'm 'done' and don't have to constantly regear myself to keep up.

Mother Goose said:
Glacial Stone alone takes you from 18 into 19 btw Druid. I've never had an 80 run the whole thing to suck up XP or do it with limited kills/no xp etc so that may help, but it puts you quite a bit into 19 so I'm not sure that would keep you from dinging 19. Definately can't get all three before hitting 19.

And I know the Master quests are 28 but it still cuts it very close as they have to get the Master Hunter's Rifle as well.

In the defense of the close to dinging warrior. For instance, my Warlock is 39 and was 0% into 39 when finished with gear. When he was made, Pulsating Crystalline Shard was a +healing item and I left it behind. Doing this quest now took me 66% to 40, this was with limited/no help however to suck up some xp gain.

yes, this is all true, but your examples are of not planning your twink properly. if you know all the tricks to saving EXP and are very stingy about gaining EXP, chances are you'll be safe even with the changes.

sure, you could say you don't have an higher to help, but you also need a higher level to get you most of your other BoP gear from instances anyways.

what i'm saying is if you plan your twink properly, 95% of the time you should have no issues whatsoever with the newer changes, as long as you didn't do the BoP legging quests and destroyed the item. even if you did, you have the possibility of having the item restored.

i realize for those that did not plan their twinks perfectly that they got the short straw in some cases. it is unfair to them. but, live and learn...you gotta roll with the punches and make your next twink to be more prepared. honestly the only thing i can say to them is.. sucks for you :(

Users who are viewing this thread