F2P Salfir's Warlock Guide

Unless it has been recently changed, Singe Magic is not available to F2P warlocks, which is why it isn't in the guide. On WoWHead, even, it has it listed at lvl 68. I know some of the active pet abilities get their auto-cast earlier, but I remember the last time I updated the guide we still didn't have access to Singe Magic. If it has been changed (please show me some patch notes! I'll redownload WoW!), bring on the imps yo!

Unless it has been recently changed, Singe Magic is not available to F2P warlocks, which is why it isn't in the guide. On WoWHead, even, it has it listed at lvl 68. I know some of the active pet abilities get their auto-cast earlier, but I remember the last time I updated the guide we still didn't have access to Singe Magic. If it has been changed (please show me some patch notes! I'll redownload WoW!), bring on the imps yo!

patch notes? eh... who reads those anyway xD
been like this a long time dude, just wanted to help out the new locks :)
also aye its a lvl 68 spell, like seduction is lvl what? 26
still auto cast is available.
like seduction.
Succubus: SeductionPassive
Requires Warlock
Requires level 26
Grants your Succubus the ability to cast Seduction.

SeductionSpecial Ability
20 Energy30 yd range
1.7 sec cast
Seduces the target, preventing all actions for up to 30 sec. Any damage caused will remove the effect. Only works against Humanoids.

Auto-Cast:
Cast upon targets who attack, stun, silence or fear their master.

Imp: Singe MagicPassive
Requires Warlock
Requires level 68
Grants your Imp the ability to cast Singe Magic.

Singe MagicSpecial Ability
40 Energy30 yd range
Instant10 sec cooldown
Burns harmful magic off the target, removing 1 harmful spell from a friend.

Auto-Cast:
Cast upon master when he is unable to cast spells due to a magic effect.

Also, its your guide, you should be diggin up the patch notes, if it was ever in those.
I'm just trying to correct some misinformation bout my favourite class :)

Last edited:

I made a video of it, maybe it will help convince u ;)

[video=youtube;anOm1P--BRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anOm1P--BRo[/video]

Last edited:
One bit of advice I would like to add having played my lock for a while. There will be times when a rogue has just got you. His ambush crit big, your fake cast didn't work and your fear was kicked. Poisons are now running through your veins and you are going to die. Before you do FIRST MOVE! Heal yourself, then hit him with what I call "The 3 C's" CURSE- CONFLAGRATE- CONFLAGRATE.

Use the healthstone and potion macro Salfir recommends (see below) and use Dark Regeneration. Even drop your Battle Standard. Just stay up long enough to hurt him. Bounce around and get those 3 off before you die. Two Conflagrates can do between 500-1000 damage depending on crits. You can also spam your pet's attack (see below macro). The reason for this is you don't want to be an easy kill. If you just stand there and take it that player will be looking for you the entire BG. If killing you means he has to crawl off and eat a couple mutton chops or stand exposed in the middle of a battlefield that won't be fun for him. You'll also have helped your team by hurting a dangerous opponent.

If you somehow survive these 5 seconds you can fear him at will and then deep fry him.

:)

Spam pet attack:

/cast [pet:succubus] Lash of Pain

Healing macro:

/use healthstone
/use healing potion

The 3 C's video example:
[video=youtube_share;jxp04c1qQTw]http://youtu.be/jxp04c1qQTw[/video]

This rogue attacked me after I had just used all my healing options and they were on cd. Thankfully a druid healed me just before I cast my second conflagrate and I was able to get off a fear. Then my rogue teammate finished the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only true warlocks can play warlock class, no matter how much they will nerf my fav class. i was playing lock from classic era till wotk.... locks are viable only from skillfull and devoted players... that means if you want a challenge and smart class to play roll a lock or else be a hunter that gonna assault farm at arathi....and steal kbs... btw still love the way that the enemy healers running and their team mates dying from our team :) and one tip from me for new players try to build stamina and play as affliction, if you want to play destro just farm your equipment and respec later.... greetings and respect to all warlock brothers :) Cheers...

Alright everyone, the guide is now updated for 6.0.2. Please leave any suggestions or comments on the changes, as we are still discovering and learning a lot about WoD and I'm sure that my experience has been different than others'.

Of note - I'm really curious if anyone has done any resilience testing as of the new patch. It seems not worth stacking, but I'd like to see some numbers if people have them.

Also, the Singe Magic / Unstable Affliction testing would be appreciated if anyone has the time!

And as always, feel free to share any current warlock armories.

I guess demo locks spawn Wild Imps in BGs.

One popped out when doom ticked.
10699823_10204869945659365_7844412443459244111_o.jpg

Hey fellow locks. I just want to share this healing macro I made its VERY effective and you can pop it every 2 minutes. Restore approx. 60-80% HP.

/use Inherited Mark of Tyranny
/cast Dark Regeneration
/use Healthstone
/cast Ember Tap

You can remove the Ember Tap line if you dont like to waste Burning Embers on this spell.

I know this is prob necro’d (I’m also mention I the guide Deleted is my lock on horde side) by are f2p locks still a thing or have they kinda been phased out

Users who are viewing this thread