F2P Salfir's Warlock Guide

omg does imp no longer give stam?

Unfortunately, yeah :(
I was waiting until they fixed hit cap to update this thread to 5.2, but.... Maybe when I get a moment of free time I'll go ahead and update everything except the gear section.

But yeah, I would roll VW or succy now.

Anybody have a simple disarm macro

You can either use

#showtooltip Disarm(Pet Command)
/click PetActionButton4 (or whatever the number of the spell is)

or you could use something like

#showtooltip
/cast[pet:Voidwalker]Disarm; [pet:Succubus]Lash of Pain

When I log in I can check which I actually use but I like having Disarm and Lash of Pain on the same keybind.

How does Aura of Enfeeblement work?
If the player you apply it on dies, does the debuff go away from everybody?
Can it get it get dispelled, and if so does everybody have to be dispelled?
Is it worth popping into Meta just to apply this on somebody during group battles?

Also I dont like Harvest LIfe anymore. DR seems like the best talent choice for demo at least considering most of the time in BGs I spend getting in and out of close shaves and constantly struggling to kite wars etc.

After switching my talent back to Dark Regen it just saved my ass twice in one BG. It also helps to make you a more viable FC option.

How does Aura of Enfeeblement work?
If the player you apply it on dies, does the debuff go away from everybody?
Can it get it get dispelled, and if so does everybody have to be dispelled?
Is it worth popping into Meta just to apply this on somebody during group battles?

Also I dont like Harvest LIfe anymore. DR seems like the best talent choice for demo at least considering most of the time in BGs I spend getting in and out of close shaves and constantly struggling to kite wars etc.

Aura of Enfeeblement is literally an aura. Everyone within 20 (?) yards is affected by it constantly. I don't believe it can be dispelled, but that's worth confirming. Even if it were dispelled, I'm relatively sure that as a buff on yourself it pulses every second, affecting everyone in your area. In group battles I try to have it up all the time — it's one of the hidden treasures of Demo and can really help shut down enemy heals.

Yeah, I've stopped using Harvest Life altogether. It's not worth spending the time casting Harvest Life as Destro as your time would be better spent with other spells. As Demo, I feel similarly; that if I want to do damage, I'll use a GCD on damage. It doesn't do enough healing to warrant its use... If sustain were better in this game or we were less susceptible to burst I'd prefer it but as it is... I really see it only fitting if you're playing an aff lock and want to maximize your spread damage.

Also the worst thing right now is this hit bug. Fears and dots and debuffs being so unreliable just kills any sort of momentum trying to salvage the class the way it is.

Just to reconfirm, Aura of Enfeeblement is indeed cast on yourself just like you would a buff (you can leave meta form at this point, and you will still have aura applied).
I don't rely on it 100%, however, as I do find myself needing to quickly curse a healer or caster whom is not affected soon enough. Casting standard Curse of Enfeeblement on an enemy who is affected by your aura will override the aura itself. I don't believe enemies in range of your aura will be able to friendly dispel it from one another, but the aura buff on yourself is listed as magic and should be purgeable.
I'm disappointed with how much demonic fury it currently costs. They increased it far too much from what it was (used to be somewhere around 30-50, now it's like 130 or some ridiculous cost). I've also noticed demonic fury regen will completely break at random, and I'll be sitting under 200 forever just waiting to get that next leap off.

Edit: After checking, I stand corrected.. 150 demonic fury to cast Aura of Enfeeblement. Even worse than I thought! >,<

Last edited by a moderator:
delightfully in-depth, aesthetic, and well-informed. i enjoyed skimming the archived sections

just dusting off my old demo warlock to find that meta no longer gives a damage boost and we lost aura of enfeeblement D:
this is truly disheartening

Well, it's been over a year since I last had fun on my f2p Affl Lock... Look's like we were nerfed in MoP. Or, I severely messed up my bars last time I played. Looks like it's finally time to start a new f2p in AeriePeak so I can actually dive into the full f2p experience.

My old lock> Kushblower @ Eldre'Thalas

Last edited by a moderator:
so if meta doesnt give a damage boost, why use it? to look like a demon? lol
been playing a lock for a while its quite fun anyway even if my gear is still crap...

The change to Harvest Life is pretty awesome, makes drain tanking soemwhat more viable than before, its actually pretty decent damage. No penance, but I think talented Drain LIfe is now more dmg than spammed shadowbolts at least.

[video=youtube;1NEW7d9ecfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NEW7d9ecfk[/video]/castsequence reset=8 metamorphosis,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt
/use !Summon Succubus
/CAST Lash of Pain

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists]fear
/cast [modifier:alt,target=focus] fear;fear

/use Demonic Leap
/use !metamorphosis
/cancelaura metamorphosis

#showtooltip Summon Succubus
/CAST Soulburn
/use Summon Succubus
/use !metamorphosis