rip secondary professions

I had atleast with my OG f2p today when I checked all my professions the same lvl they used to be so I just need to not do any profession quests and they'll stay the same right?

I'm not sure how that works for pre-WoD starters, I haven't done quests or visited vendors on mine. But I have been able to create and use higher level crafts without consequences (heavy silk bandages i.e.).

Everything is explained in my video.

I find the info in the video a little confusing. For instance, you state what is doable for old starters but the information is not correct. You don't get auto-locked as you do on new characters which means you can still create and use higher level mats, same as before. Also, Crispy Lizard tail is the same level as the MUCH easier to farm Curious Tasty Omelet. So much so that it needn't even be mentioned! skull mobs anyone?

Once you do get locked on a newer character, you cannot create above heavy linen or 4 stamina food. Whether or not an older pre-WoD character behaves the same way if it gets locked I do not know. But without the lock, pre-WoD's craft just as they always have.

In the video, are you describing what happens if you do get locked on an pre-WoD character?

Okay... I saw later on in the video you do mention that you got locked on those professions at DMF. Clear now. That's strange how it behaves so differently. My newer vet got locked with higher skill levels but can only do the 4 stam / heavy linen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the info in the video a little confusing. For instance, you state what is doable for old starters but the information is not correct. You don't get auto-locked as you do on new characters which means you can still create and use higher level mats, same as before. Also, Crispy Lizard tail is the same level as the MUCH easier to farm Curious Tasty Omelet. So much so that it needn't even be mentioned! skull mobs anyone?

Once you do get locked on a newer character, you cannot create above heavy linen or 4 stamina food. Whether or not an older pre-WoD character behaves the same way if it gets locked I do not know. But without the lock, pre-WoD's craft just as they always have.

In the video, are you describing what happens if you do get locked on an pre-WoD character?

Okay... I saw later on in the video you do mention that you got locked on those professions at DMF. Clear now. That's strange how it behaves so differently. My newer vet got locked with higher skill levels but can only do the 4 stam / heavy linen.

I don't take Vets into consideration and compare Pre-WoD and Post-Wod F2Ps. Sorry about the horde food, I don't play horde and didn't know about the monsters difference.

Users who are viewing this thread