rip secondary professions

don't know if this is a new thing but it seems that two of my characters that i've maxed in fishing are now 100 locked yesterday and now it looks like my cooking is locked at 100 on dal but i still have the cooking recipes from northrend.

moropi's professions
http://imgur.com/Euv7Bl1,w67PEHb#0

dal's professions
http://imgur.com/Euv7Bl1,w67PEHb#1

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry about that, just waiting on the pictures to get to my computer since my ipod broke.

(ps. how do i add pictures on here again? i've forgot)

i'll add it to the first post when i get them.

Have you subbed and unsubbed? Or is it completely starter?

I thought we posted this months ago that you cannot do any quests that increases your professions.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Months ago? No, this is definitely new. Same thing happened to my sister just yesterday - she´s locked on lvl 100 not only on fishing and cooking, but also first aid (before that she had 375/375/225), despite the fact that there are no daily/normal quests for this one (So I don´t think the dailies are the issue, but who knows, it might be). The only secondary that didn´t scale down to 100 was archaeology.
I tried on my own, and my skill level remains the same on my secondary professions (meaning higher than 100), however, if I´m not sklil capped, and I try to do make something, let´s say a bandage, that is of orange difficulty, it gives me no sklil points.

I´m guessing it eventually all comes down to 6.2 being the patch that blizzard finally decided to give some "love" to the f2ps, and fixed many things that we were able to do previously (like the death knight bug, or the 60 intellect buff from borean tundra).

I'm not certain on this, but it might be something that happens only while you're unsubscribed. My vet warlock had her fishing lowered to 100 after doing a daily, but she still has grand master. I imagine that once you resubscribe, the higher level is restored. It's just a guess.

I guess we can't really complain as their website does state that we can level any profession up to 100. Now that it caps us at 100, it's only doing what I guess we were always supposed to do.

But, I do still think Vet's professions are bugged, or did they fix it this latest 6.2 patch? I re-sub'd for a month to sort out some stuff, so I can't check but my profs all dropped back to like 100 when un-sub'd, and I could only craft things at 75.

And to confirm PepeLePewPew's comment, yes you do go back up to your normal profession level when you re-sub.

IMQI4p6.png

So this happened, I think it kinda confirms it. Don't do any quests that increase your profs ;/

Mm my first aid is still 350 and I can still craft heavy silk bandages

Mm my first aid is still 350 and I can still craft heavy silk bandages

While Vet with no sub, I could only craft heavy linen even with 225 First Aid!

Are u F2P Leek, or did u level ur Prof after going Vet?

My profs are broken bad! Does anyone know if we can still use Heavy Runecloth bandages once un-subd, or does this latest update kill that also?

Apologies if I'm posting Vet questions in this post and confusing the issue. I just want to get to the bottom of the profs for F2P and Vet toons!

My profs are broken bad! Does anyone know if we can still use Heavy Runecloth bandages once un-subd, or does this latest update kill that also?

i'm still able to use the professions that i've learned on my character and make them but can't use them now. not sure on vet's part.

My professions are still on the same level, IDK what is happening. Can people post if their profs are odd or not and we will see what makes them lock?

i have a balance druid professions were JUST barely above 100 so i tested out at DMF. Did the quests for fishing, cooking, first aide and watched as my professions DID NOT change. Logged out, logged back in - POOF reset to 100.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM: Does turning in banner of the fallen, ornate egg, etc reset professions?

Users who are viewing this thread