Riding Turtle

just sayinf wow-subscription is pixels as well... I know you've had a lot more fun from ur wow sub than from a riding turtle (atleast I hope so), but if you think the fun, respect, attraction you get from riding turtle is worth 200$ it's kinda the same thing.

the money doesnt weigh up the "fun" you get from a turtle, as it doesnt enhance my game experience at all (imo), a wow-subscription makes me able to playm wow.

Didn't you buy a GF'd priest to play US?

I basically got it for free, payed 10 dollar. (more of an investment for future selling).

the money doesnt weigh up the "fun" you get from a turtle, as it doesnt enhance my game experience at all (imo), a wow-subscription makes me able to playm wow.
Who are you to judge if 200$ weighs up the fun people have with their turtles?

I feel for them because there is a million things you could spend 200 dollars on that isnt completely worthless
So you are assuming that they spent their last 200$ on the turtle?

You don't have to sacrifice other things just because you buy a turtle.

So you are assuming that they spent their last 200$ on the turtle?

no, i am not assuming that.

edit: saw you edited your post. what difference does that make? 200 dollars is just as much wasted whether they were your last ones, or just a tiny bit of your total savings.

hey I bought a goat in china for 5000 dollar, but its nps because i still got 100 dollar left hence it was totally worth it

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that, and imo 200$ for an ingame thing is too much, but my point was that you have paid a lot of money for ur subscription time so you could play WoW and have fun or whatever, and some people take it a step further and buys a turtle which they think is worth their money.

But by saying that they could spend it on better things you are assuming that they can't afford both.

Or he could simply be saying that there are things in life that are better to spend $200 on than pixels to feed a greedy company even more billions of dollars than they already have...

Such as helping poor people?

But then again, that raises the giant discussion of poverty in the world - and how 1% of the rich population whore 50% of the cash in the world... or somewhere along those lines...

In my opinion paying $200 for an in-game mount (one you can basically even fish for...) is quite excessive and a waste of funds (regardless of whether you're rich and can afford it or not).

Also on a sidenote this mount isn't $200, it's $100~ :)

Best regards,
lindenkron

Turtles don't even go for $200. The sticker price is like $140 which means you can actually get it for like $100 now. Heck, you can even buy it off the BMAH for like 20-30kg.

Criticizing someone's use of their own money over a video game (which we have all spent money on and are continuing to spend money) on a video game internet forum is just plain stupid.

Just because you can afford it doesnt make it a good buy, fact still stands there are lots of better things they could spend 200 dollars on. by wasting 200 dollars there is a lot less opportunities to spend the rest of your money on.
So what if I told you that I can spend money on all the things I'm interested in and a turtle?

congratz on your economical wealth, I can't speak for anyone but myself, but spending 200 dollar that instant would no doubt leave its marks in my wallet
Well, you should've just spoken for yourself then because that isn't everyone's financial situation.

it is not. this is a forum, so I am much enitiled to express my opinion here. dont be butthurt because your lifesavings went to some unuseful pixels

Sure you're allowed to express your own opinion...that doesn't mean it's not stupid, though.

On a sidenote I see you're resorting to the "losing argument...must insult person instead!" tactics.

(For the record I don't have a Riding Turtle, stay LaF)

if you think 200 dollars is even worthy of being a life savings then you sir are the poor one.
200$ is more than my life savings atm... gotta <3 student pay

it is not. this is a forum, so I am much enitiled to express my opinion here. dont be butthurt because your lifesavings went to some unuseful pixels
it's like argueing about taste in music, you can't... If someone think a turtle is worth 100$ thats it. He can buy as many turtles as he likes, he might think you are stupid cause you buy a giant water slide for your back yard or whatever....

LaF = loose as fuck?
na, Landscape Architecture Foundation

You decided to speak for everyone and I told you that you were wrong. I never said that everyone is in my situation.

I said that I feel bad for them. and no matter how much wrong you consider me to be doesnt make a turtle-buy a good buy. my neighbour bought a bike for 2000 dollar which he hasnt used once, he claims it to be a good buy while we all others around him see it as a retarded buy, considering he isnt very rich at all. now just trade the 'bike' for 'turtle' and it might make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread