Resto Shammy

Curious - is mark now considered good for healers? I just run ele force because it's downright rude not to!

I have yet to experience serious oom problems, in one of my longest team fights I dropped to about ~300 mana and simply drinking for a few seconds replenished myself. I would think the only time a Shaman goes oom if he's solo healing or the team is outcomped? but even in this scenario I didn't have issues either *shrug. I see a lot of Shamans spirit stacking to the max and then I see Shamans haste stacking to the max (Mocha) and I think it's ridiculous. I've played enough in the current meta to believe neither is effective. You either simply lose too much health, spellpower, and especially crit.

My Shaman has around 3.2k hp, 17% crit, 900 non crit healing surges with a 1.15 cast.

Shamans are a utility class and I've found that I'm able to do my best with another healer by my side, especially a Priest. Having a Priest that has decent bubbles will allow you to boost teammates back up quickly with your strong healing surges while you're able to push out shears, purges, etc. (Shamans aren't a healbot and shouldn't focus on topping charts ever imo).

Also, for dispelling, I would only save it for Fears, Sheeps, Hammers, and dots on Rogues. I've definitely been seeing a lot more Mages and Warlocks lately.

Haste/stam stacking is the most logical for two reasons.
1. When you have competent healers on your team it allows you to use your utility to the max. As you're aware, haste reduces the GCD of all of your abilities significantly. Having that haste means 1.1 sec cast times, fast purges, fast surges, and allows you to use a spirit enchant in place of Mark of Warsong. simply for the fact that when Warsong procs it would bring you below the GCD in cast time, which would be pointless. I've done a lot of testing since I started out with full versatility. I'd still argue that for arena's vers is bis, But for warsong, there is no doubt in my mind that haste is 100% the way to go. With all the haste available to you now it would be unrealistic to not take advantage of it. Running at 3k unbuffed, max haste, 11% crit.

I have yet to experience serious oom problems, in one of my longest team fights I dropped to about ~300 mana and simply drinking for a few seconds replenished myself. I would think the only time a Shaman goes oom if he's solo healing or the team is outcomped? but even in this scenario I didn't have issues either *shrug. I see a lot of Shamans spirit stacking to the max and then I see Shamans haste stacking to the max (Mocha) and I think it's ridiculous. I've played enough in the current meta to believe neither is effective. You either simply lose too much health, spellpower, and especially crit.

My Shaman has around 3.2k hp, 17% crit, 900 non crit healing surges with a 1.15 cast.

Shamans are a utility class and I've found that I'm able to do my best with another healer by my side, especially a Priest. Having a Priest that has decent bubbles will allow you to boost teammates back up quickly with your strong healing surges while you're able to push out shears, purges, etc. (Shamans aren't a healbot and shouldn't focus on topping charts ever imo).

Also, for dispelling, I would only save it for Fears, Sheeps, Hammers, and dots on Rogues. I've definitely been seeing a lot more Mages and Warlocks lately.

I hear you and you're one of the shammies whom I was really checking out. The thing is, I could switch around a few pieces of gear and have 3.2k hp and 17% crit and more sp etc, but what I found was that the only times I had died was when my team completely folded and there were 4 dps on my face... In which scenario I'll take a death. In a normal scenario there isn't much that can kill a resto shammy with even just 2.2k hp so for me that extra stam is wasted if it never comes into play.

For SP / Int this is something that I'd very much consider stacking more of. As of right now, I had found that rarely were my heals not enough and with the overhealing issue, it just didn't feel like there was much purpose in increasing it. However, if I were to change up my game, the first thing I'd be going to do would be to stack more int.

As for crit, this is something that I'm very on the fence about. Right now I feel as though our heals heal for enough even with noncrits. Sure crits are nice for 1.6k etc but in my haste stacked build, my crit is currently at 17.5% and that's good enough for me.

As for me rolling haste, It's just great to have surges for 1.04 with no weapon procs. My crit is still 17.5%, my surges noncrit for 750 but spinning out so many of them is great for healers who aren't that experienced such as myself. I think it's a very good counter to the burst we're dealing with today... As most dps will hard switch and if they are being healed up, more times than not they'll switch to a new target. As I had said, I find 2.3k hp to be more than enough as I can take several DPS on me at once as long as there is no CC or interrupt I'm golden. If I were constantly being picked off by rogues or a single warrior, I'd consider stacking more... But in terms of a resto sham who ideally shouldn't be terribly close to enemy dps, I feel as though stam stacking is wasted if you're not taking damage (as you really shouldn't be) Now, I understand in pugs anything can happen and formations crumble and some games are organized and some are a reck. That's why I have a set more geared towards survivability for games such as those. But, for the majority of games, I've found that straight up haste stacking is more effective than padding more stamina if you're rarely being attacked.

I do agree that pairing with a priest makes for a dirty combo!

Edit: As for me, a 1.0 second cast time vs a 1.1 second cast time is huge... But I guess it's just the mindset of a sprinter who ran track for many years haha! Ideally I'd like to keep my surges under 1.07

Users who are viewing this thread