Rerolling a character over and over for sockets

Everyone has their own play style regardless of what others think is truly “BiS”. That’s what is so unique about playing lowbies their is no true “BiS” for a class and spec only what is BiS for YOU.

Personally, I have always been a stamina stacker then a versatility/stamina stacker on my healers. Because I am of the philosophy that dead toons can’t heal. And I tend to play close to melee. Plus, I don’t like to spend my precious play time in the GY. And healers tend to get focused by decent DPS. This xpac I have taken a more balanced approach.

/cheers

You might not die but everyone around you will from your lack of int/strong heals. This playstyle only worked in previous expansions when the base heal for resto shamans when arguably overturned and healed for too much off the bat. To my knowledge this has been fixed finally. Int is and always will be the most important stat for healers.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ...

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

See you in hell my friend!! <3

/cheers
[doublepost=1613763568,1613762613][/doublepost]
...This playstyle only worked in previous expansions when the base heal for resto shamans when arguably overturned and healed for too much off the bat. To my knowledge this has been fixed finally.

You are correct.
That’s why I adapted my style for this xpac/patch my friend. Please read the last sentence of my post you quoted. :)

A new patch may bring new strategies. I will adapt to that patch as well. Adaptation is key.

/cheers

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

See you in hell my friend!! <3

/cheers
People unironically thinking that shit like speed and stam > sp on healers? I'm already in Hell.

People unironically thinking that shit like speed and stam > sp on healers? I'm already in Hell.

People ironically think that no version of WoW existed before 9.0x.
People ironically also think that the game can only be played one way.

Free your mind and the rest will follow.

/cheers

Last edited:
People ironically think that no version of WoW existed before 9.0x.
People ironically also think that the game can only be played one way.

Free your mind and the rest will follow.

/cheers
Hey man, I literally used to play a stam vers healer too (full adaptable disc priest,) ppl that knew me around the time probably remember, so I speak from experience with both playstyles when I say that a stam vers healer is fucking stupid and if I see someone in my group geared like that, they are the reason we lose games.

You do you though! :)

I agree with the play however you want philosophy, build however you want, but there are builds that are better than others. Period.

(vers sp on the other hand, that I can get down with.)
[doublepost=1613783751,1613783358][/doublepost]I understand that SL is fresh and new and there is a lot of new experimenting to do, but that doesn't mean that we should just throw all of the fundamentals out the door, that is moronic.

:p its not much different than BFA... except you just have a few broken trinkets, deathstar class weapons added in and deathgrip is annoying. Some specs got better some got worse, but you are still stacking main stat and then just picking one secondary or maybe two with i28greens or you are just gemming out BC gear and taking the stats you are given... and then making up some after the fact story about how your stats just "happen to be" exactly what your spec needs :p

Again, when BFA ended it's not like there were not builds all over the place for every spec (There were at least 20 different ret paladins with completely different builds claiming they were all the best)... maybe Hunter was the most streamlined because it was the easiest to master... add more damage!... similar to now.

I would say a handful of specs benefit from Mastery pure stacking... speed/leech are just a mild bonus... so again, not much different than BFA.

Last edited:
Hunter was the most streamlined because it was the easiest to master
I agree with everything you said up until this point, I don't know how you can say that when shit like healer specs existed. Hunter is very easily one of the hardest to master.

It has the lowest floor, yeah, so it doesn't take much to come off as a good hunter to others, but hunter also has the highest ceiling next to like rogue maybe. Most people don't know what a sick hunter player looks like in the bracket because, well, the overwhelming majority of them are underwhelming lol.

Just thinking about some of the insane hunters I've faced... seeing their name in my BGE alone scares me.

I agree with everything you said up until this point, I don't know how you can say that when shit like healer specs existed. Hunter is very easily one of the hardest to master.

It has the lowest floor, yeah, so it doesn't take much to come off as a good hunter to others, but hunter also has the highest ceiling next to like rogue maybe. Most people don't know what a sick hunter player looks like in the bracket because, well, the overwhelming majority of them are underwhelming lol.

Just thinking about some of the insane hunters I've faced... seeing their name in my BGE alone scares me.

I think there are hunters that know all the tricks, but a terrible hunter with an i49/staff and a huntard with an i49/staff are still doing the same damage for the most part. If the teams are even and its an actual fight and the hunter has to actually try and live... I'll agree with you 100% because the good hunters just juke all the nubs and they just don't die... most games, my dog can be trained with biscuits (and not even top shelf ones) to press 4 buttons and do 175k plus.

Users who are viewing this thread