Recent actions on XPOFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like someone wants to abuse their powers coz they dont like mean words.
It is not an abuse of power to ban people who break the rules, or delete their posts/

Using certain derogatory language and directly attacking people is something that is very obviously going to result in that. Even if there is not a current "Set of rules".

I'm sure Blackberry would back me up on that one.

But people just blatantly making attack posts, bashing people, calling them racial slurs, etc? That's just an obvious way to be perma-banned, Imo.
The issue that I have with these permabanned accounts is that it happened within hours of Conq’s return. It felt very unjust to throw down the hammer right away and not let anyone try to reform under the new management.

Does that really seem wise?

The same people mocking people, admitting to spamming and attacking other members....Are the ones then baffled as to why they are getting warnings/bans.

Celax "The Great and Powerful"

Dont let the "power" of being a tink forum moderator get to your head. If you really cant take that "insult" then maybe you need to get off the internet and take a breather.

It's not that people are baffled by their bans/deletes.. it's the shit that is actually causing it. The straw that broke the camel's back. I've said some wild things on these forums over the years and then ended up with an account delete because I called Conq a cuck??? Seems like a pretty stupid reason to delete an account, but what do I know? Not like i was ever a mod on this site /shrug

man breaks rules

man gets punished

man "why am i banned"

yeet xD

Celax "The Great and Powerful"

Dont let the "power" of being a tink forum moderator get to your head. If you really cant take that "insult" then maybe you need to get off the internet and take a breather.

It's not that people are baffled by their bans/deletes.. it's the shit that is actually causing it. The straw that broke the camel's back. I've said some wild things on these forums over the years and then ended up with an account delete because I called Conq a cuck??? Seems like a pretty stupid reason to delete an account, but what do I know? Not like i was ever a mod on this site /shrug
"The Great And Powerful" has nothing to do with being a moderator. =P

I don't take these as personal or actually get upset about any of it. Nothing is going to my head, nor am I genuinely mad at anyone.

I don't take these as personal or actually get upset about any of it. Nothing is going to my head, nor am I genuinely mad at anyone.
bernie sanders supporter

Seems alot of people have been kicked from the discord xD. Anyway ye, bann all you want but deleting accounts is just mean. Like why delete Sanitariums account? Hes probably the sites longest banned user, can't just delete history like that.

I thought Bestworld speaking his mind here, in this case, for example was perfectly fine. And I think it's okay if people disagree on things.
I really do appreciate that you have allowed this thread to continue. There are many of us who share similar concerns to Bestworld. Others such as Swoops and handsomedgc had similar threads as this and they have since been deleted. The first couple days it felt like if you made a thread about this, it would be deleted.

conq is an anarchist.
" belief in the abolition of all government and the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion."
this is how it plays out irl too just less shootings

I really do appreciate that you have allowed this thread to continue. There are many of us who share similar concerns to Bestworld. Others such as Swoops and handsomedgc had similar threads as this and they have since been deleted. The first couple days it felt like if you made a thread about this, it would be deleted.

I think Bestworld has been just voicing his opinion (fine), but doing it without being spammy or attacking people. I think a few people "voiced their opinion" while attacking, flaming, etc.

I mean, this forum is called "Website Feedback". I think this constitutes feedback, and he's doing it respectfully. I don't see a problem with that.
Also, is there a new rule thread etc. ?

https://xpoff.com/threads/xpoff-forum-rules-and-etiquette.72731/

doesn't exist anymore?
Blackberry said he'd work on something about that here:

https://xpoff.com/threads/recent-actions-on-xpoff.85906/page-3#post-1162277

There are no rules, thats the problem. It's just disagree with conq and you gone.
rqQGgrE.png

Every person that has been punished, has broken this rule.

Day 1 of Conq's return and you instantly started dropping hammers without any real set guidelines. But that isnt letting power go to your head? Making decisions based off nothing but your own opinion on what is right and wrong?

Others have said they dont mind these changes to the site. I call bull shit. These forums existed for 10+ years with drama, bad words & trolling. Now were trying to censor everyone??? At this point most forum users are 20+, there is no need to police these forums as if we are dealing with children.

Tl;dr fuckin carebears, man..

I think Bestworld has been just voicing his opinion (fine), but doing it without being spammy or attacking people. I think a few people "voiced their opinion" while attacking, flaming, etc.

I mean, this forum is called "Website Feedback". I think this constitutes feedback, and he's doing it respectfully. I don't see a problem with that.

Blackberry said he'd work on something about that here:

https://xpoff.com/threads/recent-actions-on-xpoff.85906/page-3#post-1162277
I'd love to know what exact sentence that I typed on this forum resulted into getting me discouraged.

Agreed there were a few people that were attacking and flaming. But ALL of the material was deleted, not just the bad ones.

Day 1 of Conq's return and you instantly started dropping hammers without any real set guidelines. But that isnt letting power go to your head? Making decisions based off nothing but your own opinion on what is right and wrong?

Others have said they dont mind these changes to the site. I call bull shit. These forums existed for 10+ years with drama, bad words & trolling. Now were trying to censor everyone??? At this point most forum users are 20+, there is no need to police these forums as if we are dealing with children.

Tl;dr fuckin carebears, man..

If people don't want to be treated like children, they should probably not act like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread