EU+US Realistic Artifact Levels and AP runs

From their perspective, giving AK to players below 110 would only encourage more overpowered twinks. If you allow 99s to have AK, they'll all be at 54 artifact points before you know it. At that point, twinking will become so overpowered that they would probably end up splitting the brackets into xp on and xp off brackets. I don't think anyone wants that.

It would probably be a blast for a little while though.
Even with AK 25 (which Alts won't be capable of getting higher than 15/20 via catch up) it would still take so much grinding that 99 would have no life and it'd still take more than a Year of non-stop grinding to even get to 54. Rank 35-54 does NOT effect iPvP in any way, according to a Blue a while back, so your argument about OP Twinks doesn't really hold up. WPvP and PvE Rank 54 is only a 15% benefit from Rank 34.

Also, to say it's only AK stopping Blizz from allowing 98+ from having access to the catch up, then why even allow 98+ the Artifact Weapon at all. They clearly intended 98+ to be capable of completing all the Quests, do some Dungeons, have an Artifact Weapon and increase it's Rank, I see no reason why to continue gimping it. At first, and for the first Raid Tier sure, after the 110's are 900+ iLvL there's no reason whatsoever not to allow Alts to have an easier time playing catch up.

Even with AK 25 (which Alts won't be capable of getting higher than 15/20 via catch up) it would still take so much grinding that 99 would have no life and it'd still take more than a Year of non-stop grinding to even get to 54. Rank 35-54 does NOT effect iPvP in any way, according to a Blue a while back, so your argument about OP Twinks doesn't really hold up. WPvP and PvE Rank 54 is only a 15% benefit from Rank 34.

Also, to say it's only AK stopping Blizz from allowing 98+ from having access to the catch up, then why even allow 98+ the Artifact Weapon at all. They clearly intended 98+ to be capable of completing all the Quests, do some Dungeons, have an Artifact Weapon and increase it's Rank, I see no reason why to continue gimping it. At first, and for the first Raid Tier sure, after the 110's are 900+ iLvL there's no reason whatsoever not to allow Alts to have an easier time playing catch up.

Oh, I was not aware that the last 20 points to increase pure damage didn't effect iPvP.

Still, 34 points vs every non-twink who would have maybe 3 points at most is a pretty significant difference.

Whatever the case, I would be very happy if they gave us AK without splitting brackets into xp on and xp off. But I don't they'll ever allow AK for characters below 110.

Users who are viewing this thread