Real-life blacksmith forges Frostmourne

Hashbrowns

Legend
Wish he did shadowfang.

Just had a full on nerd gasm. Absolutely fucking amazing.
I wish we could buy the stuff, but it's an unlicnesed build....

Blizzard offered one at one time but I think it's cheaper steel. There's nothing like the real thing. Some of the ones he makes out of pattern wielded Damascus steel, which is folder over on it's self like 128 times. It's fucking gnarly. 10/10 I would quit my job to make this stuff lol

I wish we could buy the stuff, but it's an unlicnesed build....

Blizzard offered one at one time but I think it's cheaper steel. There's nothing like the real thing. Some of the ones he makes out of pattern wielded Damascus steel, which is folder over on it's self like 128 times. It's fucking gnarly. 10/10 I would quit my job to make this stuff lol

The Blizzard ones were nowhere near the quality of this piece. This is an actual functional sword-- err, sharp baseball bat. That Damascus is something else. I'm something of a knife nut. Love the Japanese Damascus. /drool. Hard to justify dropping $1200 for a kitchen knife though...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Watching vids like that really make me want to rig up a back yard forge. I live in Las Vegas, so getting a farrier's anvil would be pretty easy. This is a big time rodeo town, and all those horses need shoes.

Building a forge from a paint can, using a torch from Home Depot or whatever for the heat is really easy. Just need kao wool and plaster to line it so it heats evenly. I wouldn't need anything large than that, since I'm more interested in making knives than battle axes or swords.

What's holding me back? I'm pretty sure the neighbors would bitch like crazy about the noise.

I need to move out to the country lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching vids like that really make me want to rig up a back yard forge. I live in Las Vegas, so getting a farrier's anvil would be pretty easy. This is a big time rodeo town, and all those horses need shoes.

Building a forge from a paint can, using a torch from Home Depot or whatever for the heat is really easy. Just need kao wool and plaster to line it so it heats evenly. I wouldn't need anything large than that, since I'm more interested in making knives than battle axes or swords.

What's holding me back? I'm pretty sure the neighbors would bitch like crazy about the noise.

I need to move out to the country lol.

I've started on a Gorehowl build myself... it's a mix between the game version and this which is thought was particularly sick. Sadly it's made out of wood because I possess no metal working abilities lol. But I got a nice 2x12 board... it's gonna be 1 solid piece that I carve by hand.

That would be awesome if you could make a knife.

That sounds badass.

I've watched so many YouTube videos about forging your own steel that's it's not even funny. I know all about the annealing process, and heat treat and everything.

Banging out the shape is actually the easy part. Using files to finish the edge is the real work. I've messed around reprofiling edges on production knives i own, and it is a BITCH. so much sweat lol.

But then again, I guess if you finish the edge after it's annealed, but before the heat treat probably makes it a whole lot easier. Annealed steel is pretty soft, relatively speaking. The heat treat makes it so much harder.

One of these days I'm just gonna say damn the neighbors and just go for it.

He should have enchanted it lol

Idk... BS/ench don't share much synergy. Too many mats to make the BS items to DE them for the enchanting mats. It's cost prohibitive buying all those bars. Now if he had an alt, say a priest, with tailoring and enchanting, now then we're talking.

:p

Users who are viewing this thread