Rate my Arms warrior! (Yjungr)

Crit>strenth as it has been said many times, in many different threads.

Some slam math (for 5.4)

This is the formula for your average slam hit (including crits) in bgs taking enrage into account

(averagedamage*2.75+261)*(1+1*(crit/100))*(1+0.1*(crit/100))

where averagedamage is taken from the melee tab of your character page (top end + bottom end)/2, and crit is just your normal crit %

Running some numbers:

Full stre - 986.12 (averagedamage 224.5, crit 11.04)
Full crit - 963.64 (averagedamage 190.5, crit 20.33)
Balanced - 994.88 (averagedamage 213, crit 15.68)

By balanced I mean trying to max crit + stre

Only thing this doesn't take into account is the extra rage from enrage, and when working out extra damage from enrage assumes you can pull off 3 slams between every ms (which is in favour of more crit).

Even rolling in full crit enrage wont proc often and crits just aren't consistent; with a 1/5 chance to crit you wont get a crit every 5 hits

Imo crit isn't better than stre, just max out crit + stre. You do (slightly) more damage in theory and from my experience more in practice, but at the end of the day its up to you

Also worth noting that apart from shield slam, ms and slam, every other warrior ability scales better in full stre

Last edited by a moderator:
Some slam math (for 5.4)

This is the formula for your average slam hit (including crits) in bgs taking enrage into account

(averagedamage*2.75+261)*(1+1*(crit/100))*(1+0.1*(crit/100))

where averagedamage is taken from the melee tab of your character page (top end + bottom end)/2, and crit is just your normal crit %

Running some numbers:

Full stre - 986.12 (averagedamage 224.5, crit 11.04)
Full crit - 963.64 (averagedamage 190.5, crit 20.33)
Balanced - 994.88 (averagedamage 213, crit 15.68)

By balanced I mean trying to max crit + stre

Only thing this doesn't take into account is the extra rage from enrage, and when working out extra damage from enrage assumes you can pull off 3 slams between every ms (which is in favour of more crit).

Even rolling in full crit enrage wont proc often and crits just aren't consistent; with a 1/5 chance to crit you wont get a crit every 5 hits

Imo crit isn't better than stre, just max out crit + stre. You do (slightly) more damage in theory and from my experience more in practice, but at the end of the day its up to you

Also worth noting that apart from shield slam, ms and slam, every other warrior ability scales better in full stre

You can see Tim already gets alot of str from his boots, bracers, looms, gloves, belt, cloak. And obviously more crit means more rage, more rage means more dmg. The set is very balanced and still the most crit available while maintaining hit cap.

Gogogo!

Yjungr

Somewhat rare items in bag;

Thorbia's Gauntlets

Silverlinked Footguards
Stendel's Wedding Band x2
Onyx Claymore
Full set of Hulking
Martyr's Chain
Most of the tank boas
Jeweled Fishing Pole
Foreman's Leggings

Professions:
¨Best¨ professions maxed out with the most needed recipes (Swiftpot and Elixir)

375 in Fishing.
160 in First Aid.
212 in Cooking.

Also got 1 strength to bracer.

I think that's all might have some more things that's worth listing, if I find any I'll edit them in :)

10/10 Bro...

Im a fan of strength not of crit :) ! If you crit having alot of strength , the crit will be awesome :) !

No.
The difference is like 50 damage vs 10% crit.
Strenght scales horribly and you're better of using crit.

Crit 1 out of 4 hits for 800
Or
Crit 1 out 8 hits for 850

Crit!

Edit:

Also
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=13046
More crit = more rage
More rage = more damage
More strenght = less rage
Less rage = less damage

More crit > More strenght

No.
The difference is like 50 damage vs 10% crit.
Strenght scales horribly and you're better of using crit.

Crit 1 out of 4 hits for 800
Or
Crit 1 out 8 hits for 850

Crit!

Edit:

Also
Enrage - Spell - World of Warcraft
More crit = more rage
More rage = more damage
More strenght = less rage
Less rage = less damage

More crit > More strenght

Well , i dont know , Im still a fan of Str :p !

Strength doesn't scale horribly, only scales badly with shield slam

Stacking crit in the hope of getting more enrage procs isn't worth it

In a 20 minute wsg game with 20% crit assuming you cast ms every 6 seconds you will average 40 procs; so that's 30 procs with 15% etc

Realistically youre looking at ~5 procs a game. You can get lucky ofc but imo enrage is pretty negligible

Strength doesn't scale horribly, only scales badly with shield slam

Stacking crit in the hope of getting more enrage procs isn't worth it

In a 20 minute wsg game with 20% crit assuming you cast ms every 6 seconds you will average 40 procs; so that's 30 procs with 15% etc

Realistically youre looking at ~5 procs a game. You can get lucky ofc but imo enrage is pretty negligible

For me personally I value crit higher because those slam crits are simply amazing! (atleast they were pre-patch, haven't played 5.4 as warr yet. Installing as we speak)

It scales awefully with shield slam.

awful/bad same thing, but its the only warr ability that scales worse with stre

shield slam numbers (outside bgs):

full stre - 776.32
full crit - 820.04
balanced - 802.07

awful/bad same thing, but its the only warr ability that scales worse with stre

shield slam numbers:

full stre - 776.32
full crit - 820.04
balanced - 802.07

ye it scales awefully whilst for arms it just scales bad.
and I think you got the numbers backwards. :)

It does but it also gives less rage and less rage means less damage.

Yeah and while youre waiting for enrage procs you can make up the damage with stre

But yeah lets not go round in circles gear how you want to

Yeah and while youre waiting for enrage procs you can make up the damage with stre

But yeah lets not go round in circles gear how you want to

while stacking crit you get enough str from pieces here and there to get by.

10/10 for crit stackers, the TCG tabard just tops it off, but IMO i like consistent damage, and i would go for the shield against evil presence for prot when my premade has no tanks

Users who are viewing this thread