Rate-A-Rouge(First attempt)

Sake

Legend
Dankkush gotta love it :) I know I do.

Im new to wow and gaming in general and enjoy pvp. I am not sure what to do with my honor and justice points now that I have my chest and shoulders covered and could use some advice.

Im not sure what to do next other then farm bfd for two Doomspikes and SFK for two assassins blades for the mogg(I wish!)

looking for mogg ideas and advice on pvp tips and tricks also I hear jumps are good to know for WSG but haven't found any good videos can someone point me in the right direction for instructional videos on pvp?

Most of all im looking for ways to twink my toon out more anything from advice on professions and gear or tips on pots and other helpful things to have in my tool bag :) im very new to pvp and have only been playing wow for a short time but I love it and want to learn more!

any help is much appreciated and thanks for reading.

PS... I know I need to get a few things like LFH,Feet of the Lynx,Ring of Precision,AGM and maybe even Glowing Lizardscale Cloak but im not sure what less???

Regards
Sake

Last edited by a moderator:
YouTube won't open for me. Was going to link you some videos but I can't.

Try searching "Painaid Wsg Jumps" or "Dirtyauction Wsg Jumps"

The latter is more up to date, and they do both miss some of the more commonly used jumps - but they are decent nonetheless.

As for tips, seems like you know most already, stay aware, make a mental note of who fake-casts and who doesn't for kicking - you'll most likely see them again.

use the honor stre and agility ring for more ap.
use the rage fire chasm cape with strength and agility for more ap

Thank you for your youtube suggestions Phrontistery I will go look them up now :) also im not quite sure I know what a fake-casts is(never played a caster) but I can imagine its when a caster tries to trick you into using a interrupt skill thinking they are about to get a heal or CC off but before you do they cancel the spell so they don't have to wait for it to cool down before reusing it?

use the honor stre and agility ring for more ap.
use the rage fire chasm cape with strength and agility for more ap

Im not sure what ap stands for maybe attack power perhaps?

Are you taking about Dark Ritual Cape
? Also im not sure what ring your talking about(not seeing it in Lil F2P scaling index Boa ring section) but am interested to find out :) dose it give better ap then Ring of Precision?

Thank you both for your posts and I will look into the information that you have provided :) but dont forget that im very new to all this so im sure theirs alot of stuff I could use help learning about and some wow slang like AP and Stre(im pretty sure this means strength) and fake-cast and could use some help getting used to all the terminology.

I look forward to more impute and Im omw to look at some WSG jump videos... Fun!

Regards
Sake

Nice looking rogue, I've seen you a few times in the BGs on my undead rogue, you're a great player.

It's kind of hard to believe you when you said you're new to WoW and gaming, but if so you're a natural. Because you're a sub rogue, I recommend stacking agility, because subtlety rogue get a better bonus from agility than other rogue specializations. A good way to know what to stack easily is to use F2PDev (http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/f2pdev-chardev-org-trial-twink-54388/).

Also, I suggest getting Foreman's Gloves (Foreman's Gloves - Item - World of Warcraft) at this bracket. Expertise is useful when fighting other players as it reduces their chance to dodge you.

Your rouge is not nearly red enough.

haha; old joke. nice rogue.

I am not sure what to do with my honor and justice points now that I have my chest and shoulders covered and could use some advice.

You can turn your honor into justice and buy a Balanced Heartseeker for off-hand. It's also worth mentioning that you can also get this and most other justice pieces, as well as nifty pets and mounts via Darkmoon Faire. Pick the book up today, and you can farm the artifacts while you dungeon and pvp and have them ready for next month's DMF. Use 500 honor to buy a Alliance Battle Standard, if you haven't already. Another use for honor is actually buying honor looms *gasp* — for mogging, and the offhand chance bliz might make resilience a useful stat again.

Thank you all for your advice!
[MENTION=18568]Hashbrowns[/MENTION]... Great guide suggestion! but what dose MH 1.7 speed boa OH mean? I have no idea except for the Boa part.
[MENTION=9075]Gulbon[/MENTION]... You are too kind :eek: Thank you for nice words but really I'm surprised you think I'm good, I think I'm terrible and don't get top kb and dps very often in BG's also dueling other twinks dose not go well for me very often though I spend most of my time in BG's when im not farming Bfd for Doomspike, Ring of Precision and now for Foreman's Gloves too :) also I have read a bit about F2PDev but im yet to try it out I guess now would be a good time to start.
[MENTION=13311]srsbsns[/MENTION]... I have enough justice for Balanced Heartseeker But is the +1 Hit worth losing +1 critical strike and +3 stamina? I started the Dmf quest and picked up the book a few days ago and I'm on my seventh artifact :) "Use 500 honor to buy a Alliance Battle Standard" Thanks for this I cant believe I forgot to pick one up omw to the honor vendor now!

As far as mogging is concerned I'm interested In more Ideas the only peaces I know I'm looking for so far are a set of Assassin's Blade Daggers and that's after I complete my Bfd farming run and get my AGM and LFH. -.- A long road ahead for this farmer.

Thanks again for everyone who has helped so far and to anyone willing to join into the discussion and add to my wow training or suggest a peace of gear for mogging or something I might have missed for Bis :D

Regards,
Sake

P.S. Are Rigid Leggings of Power any good I fond them farming Bfd and am not sure how good they are for pvp compared to Aluwyn's Legguards? Also for Sub rogue is AP more important then Agi and is the Dark Ritual Cape better for pvp or is the Glowing Lizardscale Cloak better?

Don't worry, as a rogue your goal is to kill the enemy flag carrier in WSG and return the flag, not top DPS or KBs.

Also, Agility is way more important for a rogue than AP because, correct me if I'm wrong, rogues get 30% more benefit from agility than the other specs.

Your trinkets are alright but if you really want to get the best gear, I highly recommend getting AGM and the heirloom version of Insignia of the Alliance.

Don't worry, as a rogue your goal is to kill the enemy flag carrier in WSG and return the flag, not top DPS or KBs.

Also, Agility is way more important for a rogue than AP because, correct me if I'm wrong, rogues get 30% more benefit from agility than the other specs.

Your trinkets are alright but if you really want to get the best gear, I highly recommend getting AGM and the heirloom version of Insignia of the Alliance.

what gulbon said is true you probably should keep the agility pants, but dark ritual cape has the most attack power of any cape for any spec even with the agility increase with sub, so its pretty much the best cape for rogues at the moment.

edit: best for sub and combat, idk about assasination ( most people assume crit is the best to go but im not sure why they say this)

I couldn't remember the name of the dagger lol but it's this Balanced Heartseeker - Item - World of Warcraft (1.7 was the speed). The idea is trade the few stats for a faster swing. Off hand weapon auto attacks have a 24% chance to miss (with no hit) and when they do hit, they do 50% less damage. (I believe it's 50%). So you want to get back to MH as fast as possible, no sense waiting almost 2 seconds for it to miss.

Sub gets Sinister Calling - Spell - World of Warcraft so you want to stack agility over all. Idk what Dark Ritual scales too (if someone posts I'll add) but Glowing Lizardscale Cloak - Item - World of Warcraft gives 18.2 AP in a BG. Agility yields 2 AP and some crit. Plus the 30% more with your passive.

You might want to look into Smelting pants and Armor of the Fang too as they scale quite nice.

Feel free to download http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/f2pdev-chardev-org-trial-twink-54388/. You can see all of Lil's Scaling Index there and hot swap gear to see how it would affect you.

With 15k hk's you probably have a fair idea of what rogues are all about. Offhand, your gear is pretty balanced and directed by "safe choices". This is perfectly fine. Doesn't matter how many vids you watch or how many guides you read, play style is personal and so is gearing.

I guess the first steps are to ask yourself what you like to do in bg's and where you feel your weaknesses lie. Then build from there.

In my case, I prioritize ap over stam. I don't care about hk's and don't spend much time away from a flag if I can help it. If I spent more time on mid control, I would probably focus on something else.

WRT the boa dagger, the difference in swing speed is pretty meaningless. You have to spend an unreasonable amount of time on a target for it to make a difference.

Ultimately the variance in gearing makes a small difference for f2p's.

if you listen to "some" of the guides on ti you'll be spending more time farming swift thistle than actually playing. don't be one of those speed pot crutching nimrods, actually learn to play your class.

OffT: Owning you on that forums hurt your feelings that much that you try to insult me on every post i make?

I'd say to you to grow up a bit but i suppose it's not the time yet cuz you're way too butthurt.

More than that, I love the way you express maturity :)) makes me lol so much.

excuse me? did i quote you? did i mention your name? if you play like what i was referring to, and i hurt your feelings that really is your own problem, sorry :eek:

telling someone to rely on consumables too to be able to perform is a bad idea, it's like telling someone to use steroids...

;) ok

more lols for me, keep it up buddy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm glad you find it entertaining o_O but i'm trying to help people, do try to stay on topic.

First off... :( my poor thread.

Also... Thanks for all the good advice everyone!

I have been in ether a BG or instance since lvl10 accept for a few things like the rings and such though my newest ring is from a dungeon :cool:

Anyway id like to say that the news about mogging two daggers with one assassins blade is the best I have heard since I got my ring :)

I'm looking to become a glass cannon(max burst possible) and don't care about hp as much as I do about damage I will only be using Swifts or healing Pots after I learn to play rogue much better then I so now, I think of it like training with wights and once your buff you take off the extra wight for a real fight.

+ Im not leaving Bfd for anything(besides the occasional BG, AGM chests and of course fishing on Sunday) until I have my two Doomspikes the Foreman's gloves and then its off to get the cape(not sure what to go for here Glowing Lizardscale Cloak or Dark Ritual Cape) and then thatFeet of the Lynx before parking SFK for the Assassin's Blade :)

Im looking for the best combo of high Hit, Crit,AP, Agi to get the highest damage possible I want to be able to one shot more people and don't care if they are able to one shot me in return damage is key the best defense is good offence in my book.

Id like to know more about the importance of Haste and Expertise and if they are worth sacrificing agi and trinket space for?

Pleas help me out I'm still looking for good info(>.< I'm really new to wow and pvp tips are good to know there's alot to cover on the subject I imagine) and don't know anything about mogging options?

Regards
Sake

Users who are viewing this thread