Rate-A-Rouge(First attempt)

It might just be that im new but the stats on this rogue seem to be better pleas correct me if im wrong and Medi hits harder then Hathor.

I am looking for max burst damage and chance to hit/crit I need to be able to put out more Dps and have a opener that hits for as much dmg as possible and im willing to trade stamina for damage.

Alliance Rogues have better gear, I'm not looking into it but I would guess that is why the stats on Hathor appear to be better.

2 reasons why medi has lower attack power is A; undead have lower base agility and B; ally has eye patch other than that medi will have more attack power in bg

Medi (Health 1481, Agility165. Stamina 102, Attack Power378, Hit +8.67%, Crit 23.15%)

Hathor (Health 1461, Agility 183, Stamina 100, Attack Power 407, Hit +13.54%, Crit 25.44%)

Does the eye patch make that much of a difference?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bis, you're missing RoP, Mendi already demonstrated on the forums that RoP>pvp ring. On the other hand, how much that pvp Oh dagger scale in bg's.. If it scales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RoP = 18.2 AP + 3 hit (crit is minimal)
Legion = 18AP + 2 stam
Seeing as I'm using a cloak with no stam, I prefer the ring as it helps bring my health back up. Albeit not substantial, it all adds up.

Scouts blade scales to 5agi 3 stam btw

tail spike gives 5 agility and 3 crit, but that transmog is definitely bis <3

im not sure on belt choice though

also you can get 1 higher agility with thiefs blade off hand for even more lulz

Medi (Health 1481, Agility165. Stamina 102, Attack Power378, Hit +8.67%, Crit 23.15%)

Hathor (Health 1461, Agility 183, Stamina 100, Attack Power 407, Hit +13.54%, Crit 25.44%)

Does the eye patch make that much of a difference?

Yes.

I think im starting to get it now,

Sadly I am yet to score a doomspike and I need two :( how long did it take you guys to get your doomspikes?

I got two ROP now :( too bad I cant equip both ^_^ just to show off of course lol.

What about keyboard setups and play styles for optimizing pvp performance?

I have my keyboard set up now with the left, right and backspace keys unbound, and use strafe(s, f) up(e) for keyboard movement I have set up a few shortcuts for my rotation but I fell that my setup could you alot of work and am open to suggestions or anyone willing to share how they set up rogues and plat them too :)

Thanks in advance for all your help I am starting to feel like twink info is a place I can fit in.

Regards
Sake

Personally, I don't see why everyone seems to obsess about something like Doomspike. Sure it's great to have it, but to farm it seems like a waste of time and not worth the effort. Sure you can help someone run BFD or chose to farm food, cloth, grisly trophies, lovely charms or DMF artefacts. This way you can get lucky but concentrate your time on what makes you enjoy the game, pvp.

If my math is correct. The 2 agility of ds over wicked give you. 1.2 more damage for your ambush on a rogue in battlegrounds. And you lose some crit.

Wow just realized according to my battle.net profile(Achievements > Statistics > Dungeons & Raids > Classic) I have only been on 80 bfd runs(126 Total 5-player dungeons entered) -.- I don't believe it though I could swear I have gone on well over 100 runs in bfd :D

[MENTION=2465]Achmed[/MENTION]... I'M not lazy and have read not only your guide but others on twinking and rogue setups/pvp guides but I can use all the help/advice that I can get as well as just being interested in communicating with the TI community and such... you must remember that wow/gaming are new concepts to me, I like information pleas feed me :D

[MENTION=12859]Sabzep[/MENTION]... I was aware that the Doomspike would not make much of a AP increase(if any due to lose of crit) though I was not sure about exact numbers and thank you for clarifying that for me :) also I am farming DMF artifacts(have well over 20 now) but trophies, lovely charms, farm food, cloth or grisly though I would like to learn more about these items and where they are farmed, why they are farmed and how to best go about farming them.

[MENTION=19108]Tilt Shift[/MENTION]... You my new friend, get it :) and therefor are awesome!

Its all about the swag(not sure what this is but im assuming it means rare items sought after by twinks but very hard to obtain) and it shows dedication and the potential to get good(at pvp) due to commitment and maybe even blinding opponents with your swags bling?

9000 swag! I must have it now :p. and Medi looks to be a great rogue as far as swag is concerned that toon is Bis imo assassins blade mogg, LFH, AGM, Doomspik and more :cool: some very swag stuff indeed! I wanna toon like Medi(1,170 Total 5-player dungeons entered) some day...

Im still open for advice of all kinds and anything you think might possible help to improve my gameplay style and increase my overall wow success im here to learn and am ready for input on the subject of wow/gaming in general.

Regards,
Sake

Sabzep... I was aware that the Doomspike would not make much of a AP increase(if any due to lose of crit) though I was not sure about exact numbers and thank you for clarifying that for me :) also I am farming DMF artifacts(have well over 20 now) but trophies, lovely charms, farm food, cloth or grisly though I would like to learn more about these items and where they are farmed, why they are farmed and how to best go about farming them.

Im still open for advice of all kinds and anything you think might possible help to improve my gameplay style and increase my overall wow success im here to learn and am ready for input on the subject of wow/gaming in general.

Regards,
Sake

I'm a fan of "to kill two birds with one stone". If you are already in BFD you
can loot things so you have to show something for your time even if you didn't get
your rare drop.

You loot Tangy Clam Meat and use your secondary profession to cook it into buff food.
You loot Healing Potion, always nice to have.
Silk Cloth can be made into Heavy Silk Bandage when your First Aid is high enough.
Bandages have their place in PVP because you can use them on others and while you are in combat.
Grisly Trophy means those 250 ears you collect for the DMF quest.

Lovely Charm can be gotten with the Lovely Charm Collector's Kit during the love festival.
You can get for example the Swift Lovebird from the Lovely Merchant.

I'm a fan of "to kill two birds with one stone". If you are already in BFD you
can loot things so you have to show something for your time even if you didn't get
your rare drop.

Me too...

I have around thirty dmf artifacts and I just got my toolkit and am starting to farm Love Charms(thanks to your post) and will get that mount soon I hope :)

I am now Ambassador Dankush :D or will be before I go to bed lol. my first title and not a bad one ether... I always wanted to be an ambassador ;)

Thanks for the info [MENTION=12859]Sabzep[/MENTION]

Regards,
Sake

DooooooooooomSpike :cool: finally I can BG for a quick sec before going back to the bfc for round two lol.

So... I'm not sure if BH is a better OH then Doomspike whats Bis pvp OH weapon for sub in your opinion's?

thanks for all the support and advice guys... and girls :) as always much appreciated.

Regards,
Sake

P.S. Why dose Brovonlonsky use Scout's Blade in OH instead of a second doomspike, BH or Wicked Dagger?

I have opened over 3000 Junkboxes without luck, can open it with Silver Skeleton Key - Item - World of Warcraft or Small Seaforium Charge - Spell - World of Warcraft
i prefered farming Silver !!!
View attachment 3678

DooooooooooomSpike :cool: finally I can BG for a quick sec before going back to the bfc for round two lol.

So... I'm not sure if BH is a better OH then Doomspike whats Bis pvp OH weapon for sub in your opinion's?

thanks for all the support and advice guys... and girls :) as always much appreciated.

Regards,
Sake

P.S. Why dose Brovonlonsky use Scout's Blade in OH instead of a second doomspike, BH or Wicked Dagger?

Doomspike 1.80 5 Agility 5 Stamina
Scout's Blade 1.70 5 Agility 2 Stamina
BH 1.70 4 Agility 3 Critrating 2 Hitrating
Wicked D. 1.80 3 Agility 3 Stamina 5 Critrating
Tail Spike 1.80 5 Agility 3 Critrating

think he uses Scouts Blade cause of Speed for Poison Proccs, i prefer using an offhand on rogue only for Stats
if you prefer stamina use DS, if you prefer offensive Stats play with BH or Tailspike

9000 swag! I must have it now :p. and Medi looks to be a great rogue as far as swag is concerned that toon is Bis imo assassins blade mogg, LFH, AGM, Doomspik and more :cool: some very swag stuff indeed! I wanna toon like Medi(1,170 Total 5-player dungeons entered) some day...

Regards,
Sake

Are you sure? He is after SF, look at those SFK runs.

Are you sure? He is after SF, look at those SFK runs.

[MENTION=16240]Goesid[/MENTION] I did look and though the assassins blade must have been what Medi was after.... I have no idea what SF stands for in wow but im interested to find out?

Regards,
Sake

[MENTION=16240]Goesid[/MENTION] I did look and though the assassins blade must have been what Medi was after.... I have no idea what SF stands for in wow but im interested to find out?

Regards,
Sake

Think he got assy after 390 or something [MENTION=1559]medo[/MENTION] it is the shadowfang he is after now.

I have opened over 3000 Junkboxes without luck, can open it with Silver Skeleton Key - Item - World of Warcraft or Small Seaforium Charge - Spell - World of Warcraft
i prefered farming Silver !!!
View attachment 3678

Doomspike 1.80 5 Agility 5 Stamina
Scout's Blade 1.70 5 Agility 2 Stamina
BH 1.70 4 Agility 3 Critrating 2 Hitrating
Wicked D. 1.80 3 Agility 3 Stamina 5 Critrating
Tail Spike 1.80 5 Agility 3 Critrating

think he uses Scouts Blade cause of Speed for Poison Proccs, i prefer using an offhand on rogue only for Stats
if you prefer stamina use DS, if you prefer offensive Stats play with BH or Tailspike

Very helpful info [MENTION=1559]medo[/MENTION] thank you for trying to enlighten a poor uneducated pug like meself :) no wonder I thought scouts blade was a strange choice for OH forgot to note the speed of scouts blade I guess It is like BH due to speed now I'm wondering what is the more important stat for pvp in our bracket Crit, Hit,agi or stamina? Im assuming agi for me due to being a sub rogue but I have been wrong before...

Regards,
Sake

Users who are viewing this thread