Queues longer since 6.0.2?

Uncheck AV in your random bg que. Then retry.

If you want to play AV, solo que for it.

You can do both random bg que and AV que. This will allow you to get fast games and still help the community get AV pops.

Even with AV unchecked the wait times are still in the high double digits.

Just waiting for them to fix skirmish scaling and q times...

The reason queues are so long is that they implemented a new system that no longer allows you to enter games to fill another player's spot.

If someone leaves in a game now, their spot is not going to be filled. All queues are for brand new games, which is kind of difficult for our bracket to support.

Especially since 29's have access to their own battleground (Battle of Gilneas at level 25).

The reason queues are so long is that they implemented a new system that no longer allows you to enter games to fill another player's spot.

If someone leaves in a game now, their spot is not going to be filled. All queues are for brand new games, which is kind of difficult for our bracket to support.

Especially since 29's have access to their own battleground (Battle of Gilneas at level 25).

This, I don't think there is a fix for it other than removing AV. But as a community everybody could just stop queueing AV altogether, which has brought queues down from hours to 20-30 minutes. I never thought this would be an issue until it happened, pretty funny really. That said, welcome to 2011 Alliance queue times, enjoy~

I joined a EoTS game with 1050/1320 points going. Next time it happens I will screenshot it,but yeah I took a players spot that afked.

Quoting [MENTION=1052]Bwappo[/MENTION] in I know alot of you are waiting for scaling. post #167
Things I fear: paused queues.

The comeback of skirmishes brought one minor difference that could make an major impact. Back when skirmishes first existed, we could get a battleground pop in the middle of a skirmish and leave the skirmish. That made for an ideal setup, since you could choose to keep fighting in the skirmish, or (more often) dive into the game you really wanted.

Now with paused queues, playing skirmishes delays battleground pops if you queue for both. That's a mistake on Blizzard's part. I get why they did it, but it positions skirmishes against battlegrounds, instead of as coinciding activities.

Want to know why queues have dropped so much? It's not because of AV. It's a combination of the typical drop in activity during a prepatch, and skirmishes keeping people out of battlegrounds while people are queued and waiting to start a BG. Because of this change Blizzard made in how skirmish queues no longer allow BG queues to pop mid-skirmish, it will seriously slow the growth of the 20-29 bracket, and flat out prevent other XP-off brackets from getting off the ground when they actually have enough players to get battlegrounds.

And here I thought all this time that with trials stating that "without us there would be no bracket" that it jus had to be true. Well folks, it seems that both parties need each other.
In a few weeks, once the newness of the expantion wears off, everything will return to normal. It is always like this at the beginning. All of the veterans should know that. You just have to ride the storm out.
/cheers

Sweetsidney

I don't think that's true, I've seen spots filled up in most games where people AFKed. They'll get filled a bit less reliably with people being split between 4-5 BGs though. They did talk about making a change to prevent simulqueuing, not too sure if that worked out though.

I don't think that's true, I've seen spots filled up in most games where people AFKed. They'll get filled a bit less reliably with people being split between 4-5 BGs though. They did talk about making a change to prevent simulqueuing, not too sure if that worked out though.

Yeah, starting today I've seen some BG's filled. I think it happened after the server restarts. It is extremely unreliable though, and queue times have not been reduced noticeably at all.

May the quick ques Rest in Peace.

These long waits are terrible. I waited on Friday for 45 minutes and nothing. Oh well I hope they one day get back to where they once were or close to it. I don't mind a little longer wait since we have 2 more battlegrounds (of which I never queue for AV).

FYI Another 53 minute wait for nothing. Had to log off. It said the average wait time was 26 minutes.

I just want my short Q times back... I feel like I'm a yucky alliance toon now :(

I don't even enjoy the bracket any more for this reason. I just do not have the time to sit and wait like some of you do.
Unless the queues are a poppin' I am not a knockin'
/cheers

Sweetsidney

REST IN PEPPERONIES que times for horde 2004-2014 ("average wait time 10min - waited 1 hour 20min") not a single pop) even removed AV from the list).

P.S EU

I don't even enjoy the bracket any more for this reason. I just do not have the time to sit and wait like some of you do.
Unless the queues are a poppin' I am not a knockin'
/cheers

OP gear and enchants on 29s? Fine
Being mauled by premades? Eh, they paid for it.
Being one shot by Shadow priests? Meh, ok, I'll deal with it
30+ minute bg queues? I'm done!

Users who are viewing this thread