QUESTIONS! Do you have a simple question? Ask it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should write some sort of epic guide to get a lot of likes to surpass pursetink

edit: Shft4cl2012

Waiting for the druid guide still. Shft4cl2012 +1

+4 SHFT
quick question
Human RET Pally BiS 2 handed weapon
Most people are saying the 2 handed AXE... +2 str I think +3 stam with +2 crit
but Humans have;
  • Human
    • Sword Specialization: Increases expertise with swords and two-handed swords by 3.–reduces opponents chance to dodge your attacks from these weapons by 1.4%

Does this make the 2 handed Sword BiS??? you lose the +2 crit for +2 resilience and stam and str are reveresed +3 str and +2 stam...
or
is the +2 crit and +1 stam from the AXE overall better than the +3 Expertise +2 Resil +1 str
sorry for kinda repeating myself but finally nearing enough HONOR and I can just buy that soooon or... wait and grind another 2 k honor and convert to JP for the AXE

thanks
Randy... errr Jimmy...

Ninja edit: this post is @NavyRetired's question on human ret pallies and these two weapons.

Well we'll never know for certain unless someone digs up simulators that scale down to lv 20, which is not something I have ever heard of on theorycrafting websites. So this is going to come down to opinion.

• Resilience is a comparatively weak stat, worth less point-for-point than stam. The exact ratio will vary depending on your HP, the last times I ran the calculation for my own characters it came out around 0.6 stam per 1 resil. Trading 5 stam for 5 resil is not a great trade.
  • No one really knows how crit compares to str/agi, but it seems like +3 str -7 crit is a quite bad trade regardless.
  • The sword is 0.2 seconds faster, which is lousy.
  • 3 expertise is a pretty substantial dps gain when it counts. Keep in mind that it varies from no benefit against a casting opponent or any opponent's back,to approx +1.4% damage against moving casters, up to approx +3.5% damage against parry-capable opponents with 20% dodge+parry being hit from the front (more if you're not hit capped, but fuck that).
  • The damage increases in the above point do not account for judgement or exorcism damage, which do not get dodged or parried, nor to any damage done while your opponent is stunned by HoR.
  • Note that unlike a gouging rogue, expertise is never needed to land a paladin's HoR.

I would take the axe since its stats continue to boost your damage during HoR burst, and is at full effectiveness vs healers. I would also expect the axe to do slightly more total damage overall, but that's my opinion and I acknowledge that the uncertainty is too big to say for sure.

The sword is definitely a viable option, and will improve your game against hunters and rogues (who are tough to get behind in pvp conditions) at the expense damage against healers. If you want to go for the sword, it's a decision you can definitely defend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ninja edit: this post is @NavyRetired's question on human ret pallies and these two weapons.

I would take the axe since its stats continue to boost your damage during HoR burst, and is at full effectiveness vs healers. I would also expect the axe to do slightly more total damage overall, but that's my opinion and I acknowledge that the uncertainty is too big to say for sure.

The sword is definitely a viable option, and will improve your game against hunters and rogues (who are tough to get behind in pvp conditions) at the expense damage against healers. If you want to go for the sword, it's a decision you can definitely defend.
thank you for your time.... and explanation

yooo, how does enhancement shamans do? what weapons should I use before heirloom(playing alliance) & is there being played arena everyday?
best regards vianco :)

meeeh >.<'

edit: shouldn't be hard to find a healer and then queue arenas against horde tho

Does this bracket have an irc channel? Would make it 10 times easier to syncronize arenas crossfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread