Questions & Answers

Why isn't there a boomkin appreciation thread?

Since we got new oceanic servers in Australia, can anyone from Europe please tell me what sort of average latencies they are getting on the oceanic servers? and what they get when playing on US servers?

Hey guys, first post here. This question may or may not deserve its own thread, but due to my lack of permission to posts new threads I'll drop it here.

Could somebody sum up/list the available artifacts for f2ps for the current Darkmoon Faire? I have been running tons of dungeon lately trying to grab artifacts, but for two days in a row I didn't come across a drop until Randolph Moloch from Stockades dropped Ornate Weapon. Yes, I had the Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide the whole time. I've been switching between Random Dungeon Finder (I still need my tumult cloak) and specifically queuing for stockades since Randolph runs only take ~2 mins each.

After my first fruitless night of grinding, I was starting to think that prepatch had changed DMF artifacts to only be available from higher-level dungeons (I don't trust wowhead at the moment since it may be out of date). Have the drop rates been severely nerfed? I remember artifacts dropping every 2-3 boss kills for all of the previous DMFs I participated in, yet I've completed WC, SFK, and Stockades dozens of times and I've only seen 1 artifact.

Xyfa

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, first post here. This question may or may not deserve its own thread, but due to my lack of permission to posts new threads I'll drop it here.

Could somebody sum up/list the available artifacts for f2ps for the current Darkmoon Faire? I have been running tons of dungeon lately trying to grab artifacts, but for two days in a row I didn't come across a drop until Randolph Moloch from Stockades dropped Ornate Weapon. Yes, I had the Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide the whole time. I've been switching between Random Dungeon Finder (I still need my tumult cloak) and specifically queuing for stockades since Randolph runs only take ~2 mins each.

After my first fruitless night of grinding, I was starting to think that prepatch had changed DMF artifacts to only be available from higher-level dungeons (I don't trust wowhead at the moment since it may be out of date). Have the drop rates been severely nerfed? I remember artifacts dropping every 2-3 boss kills for all of the previous DMFs I participated in, yet I've completed WC, SFK, and Stockades dozens of times and I've only seen 1 artifact.

Xyfa
Been farming DMF artifacts the past couple days, and I can confirm that Monstrous Egg, Mysterious Grimoire and Ornate Weapon still drop as they have before WOD for F2P, for the most part. A couple things to note though:
- Monstrous Egg definitely still drops from last boss in WC, but I haven't seen a drop from last boss in BFD (can't confirm it doesn't drop though). Took me about 6 or 7 specific dungeon WC to see it drop (probably just bad luck).
- Imbued Crystal most likely no longer drops off second to last boss in BFD, probably due to boss being replaced by another in prepatch (Mentioned by Adal earlier in thread)
- Have seen Mysterious Grimoires and Ornate Weapons drop as usual.

Xyfa

There is no question, that I can think of, that wouldn't be post worthy in this thread!

Here's a list of Arts for DMF:

Soothsayer and Treatise are obviously not available to us and Imbued Crystal is confirmed unavailable to F2Ps currently

There is no question, that I can think of, that wouldn't be post worthy in this thread!

Here's a list of Arts for DMF:

Soothsayer and Treatise are obviously not available to us and Imbued Crystal is confirmed unavailable to F2Ps currently
For those of you that can't ever remember which DMF artifacts you've turned in, I copied and pasted this macro from the Wowhead comments in the above links.:

/run q={{0,0},{1,1},{2,2},{3,3},{8,80},{13,316},{14,317},{15,318},{21,81}}print("Items not yet turned in this month:")for _,l in pairs(q)do if not IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(l[1]+29443)then _,t=GetItemInfo(l[2]+71635)print(t)end end

I've been off for a year and come back to see that my lvl 20 is getting smashed in a bracket with 29s. I know there are a lot of changes, is it possible to still disable lvl cap and if so is it possible to afford to do so at lvl 19 on a ftp account? If you disable lvling do you get thrown in a separate bracket still or are all the brackets combined? So many changes!

I've been off for a year and come back to see that my lvl 20 is getting smashed in a bracket with 29s. I know there are a lot of changes, is it possible to still disable lvl cap and if so is it possible to afford to do so at lvl 19 on a ftp account? If you disable lvling do you get thrown in a separate bracket still or are all the brackets combined? So many changes!

F2Ps still do not have the option to turn off XP. An F2P is in the XP on bracket until they reach 20 at which point they are put in the XP-off bracket.

20s get scaled in battlegrounds to 29, so while we have fewer abilities than 29s, we often scale better. But your primary stats are everything now. You might want to link your F2P character here so we can see what's wrong with your gear if you're getting smashed.

I probably exaggerated when I said smashed, since in most of the pugs I was toward the top on dps. But once tonight we were totally facerolled by horde and I could do nothing, whereas last year I could still burn a few before going down.

Anyway, I went for the Area Grand Master today at 6 and 12 and the guy didn't do anything. I've gone several times before and he doesn't move. I've tried going an hour before and an hour after those times. What's going on? Some other 20 was there this time and I waited around until 6 after before I left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread