Question about Quick Join

Tarzunga

Hello. I'm am new to f2p twinking. I have been getting a few toons ready for it, game time ends tomorrow so I can finally start playing.
Anyway, so I have been reading guides and trying to get all the info I can get on the stuff I can or can't do, but there is one thing which I haven't found anything about yet, and it's Quick Join.

So, I am aware that I can't create parties, but I can be invited to a party. Then there's Quick Join, which isn't the same as creating a party, but it also isn't the same as being invited to a party because it's basicly you inviting yourself to your friend's party.
As such, my question is, where does Quick Join stand in this regard? Are we able to use it in f2p, to join our friend's parties? Or is it one of those functionalities we can't use?

I mean, I have a friend interested in the f2p twinking aswell, and Quick Join would be a nice way to get around not being able to create parties, but still partying up together.

Vets (which is what you are, not f2p) are able to use it to request to join groups lead by people with game time. But it still requires game time to accept that request. So if you and your friend are both without game time, it won't work.

Vets (which is what you are, not f2p) are able to use it to request to join groups lead by people with game time. But it still requires game time to accept that request. So if you and your friend are both without game time, it won't work.
Ah I see. Makes sense. Well, still sucks then but it could be worse. I really wish they removed that restriction, at least for vets. I mean, what are they going to lose by allowing us to party up? I think it would even be somewhat beneficial, as more people would be tempted to create a vet account instead of remaining only f2p.

it's to prevent people from exploiting free accounts to sell gold
Hmmm, I guess there could be less annoying ways to do so, like simply not allowing gold to be traded instead, I mean we can't trade already anyway. But I digress. Thank you for the clarification. :)

Hmmm, I guess there could be less annoying ways to do so, like simply not allowing gold to be traded instead, I mean we can't trade already anyway. But I digress. Thank you for the clarification. :)
That wouldn't do anything. F2Ps sold gold by being spam bots in /2 and /y in cities.

But how? I don't get it. Without being able to trade, how can you sell gold?
Back in Cata F2P didn't have these restrictions. Gold sellers are a big reason as to why F2P has the restrictions it does today.

People used F2P as dummy accounts to avoid having their mains banned. What do you lose if your F2P account gets banned? Just make 100 more.

But how? I don't get it. Without being able to trade, how can you sell gold?
you're conflating the selling part with the giving part. The accounts with the gold werent the accounts that spammed cities chats with their website urls.

People used F2P as dummy accounts to avoid having their mains banned. What do you lose if your F2P account gets banned? Just make 100 more.
I miss the days when they'd use a fly hacking glitch to have gnomes rain from the ceiling in the Ironforge and spell out their website in bodies on the ground. Good times.

Back in Cata F2P didn't have these restrictions. Gold sellers are a big reason as to why F2P has the restrictions it does today.

Yes but, I'm not saying to remove the trading restrictions, only the partying up with friends to queue or simply quest together.
[doublepost=1636127174,1636127082][/doublepost]
you're conflating the selling part with the giving part. The accounts with the gold werent the accounts that spammed cities chats with their website urls.
But still, that's the thing, I still don't understand how partying up with a friend, can affect the gold selling thing. Maybe I'm just too thick to see the connection.

Well, not *all* the restrictions exist solely for gold sellers. Some of them also exist to encourage you to buy the game. But preventing free accounts from spam inviting people in capital cities seems like a good idea.
yeah I know not all restrictions exist for that, but my focus was on that one exclusively, I don't have a big issue with the others tbh. That's why I didn't really understand the replies from both of you.
As for the spam inviting, they could restrict the invites to only people on your friend's list, or even only battle.net friends if they wanted to go that far.

Anyway, but we are going off-topic anyway, just wanted to know how Quick Join worked for us. xD

As for the spam inviting, they could restrict the invites to only people on your friend's list, or even only battle.net friends if they wanted to go that far.
This is one of those "encourages you to buy the game things" that also happens to help prevent malicious behavior from spam bots.

You want to party with your friends? Buy the game.

Being able to partner with friends, while minding the F2P limitations and the reason for their existence, would be ideal. Similarly, it would be a lot less hassle in game if F2Ps could receive mail with the limit being on sending it.

Both of these, however, sound like a lot of extra hassle for the programmers, all in the name of people who by definition don't pay for the game. Sometimes, the answer to any programming issue is that the current implementation is good enough, and that developer resources are better spent elsewhere now.

This is one of those "encourages you to buy the game things" that also happens to help prevent malicious behavior from spam bots.

You want to party with your friends? Buy the game.
Then we go back to the beggining of what started it all. It is not because of the gold sellers. xD

I read what you said originally. You're having a really hard time with the concept that various restrictions serve multiple purposes.
I was just trying to know if there was a way to get around that limitation with Quick Join, there isn't. It sucks, but it's fine.
I elaborated saying that removing that specific restriction, that one only nothing else, wouldn't really hurt them in any way. I never said I don't understand why it is there, I simply think that it wouldn't really cause any harm as long as it could be only with people on the friend list.
Then you and other poster argued it was because of gold sellers, I didn't understand how gold selling could have anything to do with the ability to party with a friend.
Afterwards you said that specific restriction is not because of gold sellers, but because it's an encouragement to buy the game. Fine, I never argued that I didn't undestand that, or that I disagreed with it.

My main point was simply that partying with friends, exclusively, wouldn't cause harm to Blizzard.

I never mentioned the other restrictions, and never said I had an issue with those. And I never said that they MUST remove said restriction. Ofc that if you are playing a free version of the game you can't have everything.

Users who are viewing this thread