PvE - Gearing your 19 PvE

iaccidentallytwink

Guild Master
It's never too early to being theorycrafting for PvE.

19 PvE Rogue - DPS

This is for characters without 80's. It uses every piece of hit and expertise gear it can.

Using that build, you can hit 1 over the hit cap, and 1.5% under the expertise cap (cap is 26). It's imperative that you're an Orc Rogue wielding Guillotine Axe. The expertise will max out your DPS because using anything else just won't give you that extra 1.25% expertise. It ignores stamina completely. This explains the +9 AP to bracers. AGM is still used, but it should be noted that you're not going to tank, so it servers no purpose here. The spec used is for max deeps. The glyph just boosts your deeps and saves you about 5 energy each time SnD ends (30 energy from the 3 seconds it adds, 25 to use it again after.) You'll be building up combo points and using 5 pt eviscerate's, which will instantly give you back 25 energy at the end of each rotation.

Your rotation would be SS -> SnD -> SSx5 -> Eviscerate. This makes sure that SnD runs a full 12 seconds duration (+3 from glyph included). 12 seconds is enough for 8 attacks on the GCD. Of course, this is an optimal setup, assuming you never run out of energy. Modify it as needed, but that should be your basic rotation.

Why no backstabs? You'd get parried/dodge and miss out on too much DPS. You can't backstab that often, so missing is a lot more of a loss than a fast SS attack.

19 PvE Warrior - Tank

Once again, it uses hit cap gear without any BoA gear. This build is heavily surrounded by hit, and getting as much defense as possible. It has an optimal amount of health, and with a good healer will work well. The use of that Weapon + Shield setup is to make certain that threat isn't stealed. The debuff from the weapon is definitely decent and the shield adds a great amount of defense. All in all, this build makes a tank with 38.28% damage reduction, and 44.01% avoidance, which is HUGE at this level! The glyph is simply for rage buildup to make sure you have your debuffs up on your opponents. Your rotation would basically depend on your rage, and if you can properly control aggro, you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Use all abilities with CD's as they come up.

Well I've never done 19 PvE Theorycrafting, but wouldn't the hitcap vs. ?? mobs be the same at 80? 17%

Rip said:
Well I've never done 19 PvE Theorycrafting, but wouldn't the hitcap vs. ?? mobs be the same at 80? 17%

Since when is this? According to WoWWiki the hit cap is 8%.

The hit rating varies upon which instance we'll be doing, but anyways, we need as much hit as we can get. For SFK it's definitely enough, but we might need to get some damn heirlooms to get capped for BFD >.<

iaccidentallytwink said:
The hit rating varies upon which instance we'll be doing, but anyways, we need as much hit as we can get. For SFK it's definitely enough, but we might need to get some damn heirlooms to get capped for BFD >.<

As far as I know, if the mob is ?? it doesn't matter, it's just a flat 17% miss rate.

Anyways you can 10man all of those dungeons (which is more fun anyway), so I'm pretty sure Twinks can wing it with 0 Hit Rating

Hit cap is based on your level vs mobs level. ?? Boss mobs in end game raids count as level cap + 3. ?? Mobs when you are below level cap still count as their actual level.

Spell hit works differently to melee hit as casters do not get glancing blows.

Rip said:
As far as I know, if the mob is ?? it doesn't matter, it's just a flat 17% miss rate.

Anyways you can 10man all of those dungeons (which is more fun anyway), so I'm pretty sure Twinks can wing it with 0 Hit Rating

But theorycrafting and getting it done right = PROFIT!!

Incoming world first Gnomer 5-man with 19 twinks? You'd definitely need a great team to do that, winging it with only 5 people is going to result in a fail.

iaccidentallytwink said:
But theorycrafting and getting it done right = PROFIT!!

Incoming world first Gnomer 5-man with 19 twinks? You'd definitely need a great team to do that, winging it with only 5 people is going to result in a fail.

Doing gnomer at 19 would mean the bosses were 9 levels above you. That would mean caster dps would be pretty much worthless, and melee would miss 15.8% of their attacks, 34.8% when dual wielding. I know the glancing blow mechanics changed significantly in wrath, but it used to be that you could count on never critting a white attack with a miss rate that high, as all your whites would glance.

I doubt you could achieve +16% to hit so hit rating would never lose it's value as a dps stat. That doesn't mean the hit rating item is automatically BiS. If you're still missing 1% of your yellow attacks and put on a ring that gives +5% to crit, that's still going to be better than finding one with +1% to hit.

Rip said:
Why would you want to 5man it?

10mans are so much more fun.

It depends on the instance. 10-man Gnomer? Easy. 5-man Gnomer? Now we're talking.

With BoA we could reach a very high hit rating, I'll lookup the max we can reach.

Since when can you 10-man these dungeons?

EDIT: I may as well work out a healer build.

Quara said:
Since when can you 10-man these dungeons?

EDIT: I may as well work out a healer build.

It's always had a 10-man limit.

Ymir said:
I doubt you could achieve +16% to hit so hit rating would never lose it's value as a dps stat. .

16.07%*

/flex.

This may possible be the only way to 5-man Gnomer efficiently. 2 Druids with these gear setups and 3 damn good healers. 55% damage reduction.

*without the +10 hit elixir which would eliminate the need for such crappy weapons.

+17% is the SPELL hit cap for mobs 3 levels above you (raid bosses are treated as such), and as they progress beyond that it goes up further.

8.02% is the melee hit cap for mobs 3 levels above you (bosses) for specials, single and 2h weilded weapons. DW hard hit cap against mobs 3 levels above you is in the area of 27%.

darzk said:
+17% is the SPELL hit cap for mobs 3 levels above you (raid bosses are treated as such), and as they progress beyond that it goes up further.

8.02% is the melee hit cap for mobs 3 levels above you (bosses) for specials, single and 2h weilded weapons. DW hard hit cap against mobs 3 levels above you is in the area of 27%.

I still proved 16% is possible at 19. HAH.

Edit: And 20% spell hit.

Here's the big thing. Gnomer is 20 - 28 mobs. That's 9 levels above us. We'd need some insane theorycrafting before we attempt a 5-man of it at 19. We can reach 16% melee hit on a druid, which is twice what's needed for SFK. What's the calculation for mobs 9 levels above you? Also, if it's 16%, that, unfortunately, makes mages and locks completely worthless in 19 twink PvE. QQ.

Hmm... when 3.2 goes live, perhaps we should have PvE subforums? =D.

People had better do this when 3.2 hits. Because Id transfer to run some heroic twink instances. Sounds like the most hilarious thing Ive heard in a while.

"Sorry man, you dont have the DKP for a Charged Gear, we're passing it to the rogue"

I'm drooling just thinking about this. I seriously cannot wait.

I just calculated we need 47% hit for DW classes to never miss anything in Gnomeregan.

That's out of the question.

2H-ers need 28% to never miss. I'm gonna go see what I can do about the 28%.

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

Here's a basic Healer build. Blood Elf is definitely best because they have by far the most mana available (equipping TCS+22int, this build has 1915 mana, and Arcane Torrent will pop you back 115 more.)

I chose +6mp5 for the Chest over +150 mana // Lead Band of Concentration over [item]Black Widow Band[/item] because I can only assume that boss fights will be lasting over 2 minutes...I'm tempted to add in additional mp5 gear depending on the length of fights.

EDIT: As of now, I'll keep the BWB over the LBoC.

How long do you think a 5-man encounter with, say, Kelris would be?

Users who are viewing this thread