Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software - Multiboxing Official Warning

MMO-Champion

Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software - Multiboxing Official Warning
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker
/ Official Forums
)
As World of Warcraft has evolved, our policies have also evolved to support the health of the game and the needs of the players. We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense. We believe this policy is in the best interests of the game and the community.

We will soon begin issuing warnings to all players who are detected using input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple accounts at the same time (often used for multi-boxing). With these warnings, we intend to notify players that they should not use this software while playing World of Warcraft. Soon thereafter, the warnings will escalate to account actions, which can include suspension and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player's World of Warcraft account(s). We strongly advise you to cease using this type of software immediately to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.

Thank you for your understanding.

Continue reading...

I have been playing wow for around 13-15 years and I never thought I would see the day this change was made, haha take that prepared! thats what you get for getting me perma banned from the forums.

From the Observations of a BC baby,Lich twink baby, BC exploiter baby.
I don't have intel on the inner Blizzard/Activision workings of this matter. I am just a player like you.

:::Tinfoil hat warning:::
**The new shop items are to counter multibox revenue lose**

The straw that broke the back of multiboxing (IMHO): Druids farming imps in Val'sharah, eastside of Moonclaw Vale, for 500k Gold an hour on 14 phases of Chromie time with WM on/off. This raw gold would dictate the market of any server. I'm sure many other spots were saturated with multiboxers as well.

Whoever this group or individual were they imho took advantage of the last Legit Multibox "non-exploit?" allowed in the game. For that I would personally love to congratulate that person on the gold they farmed and the impact I perceive they had on this matter. from 1 multiboxer/exploiter to another, I tip my Hat.

Many other factors and events over the years have pushed blizzard towards this.

I assume Party sync was used for all non bfa chromie phases as the druids were level 50. All in scuffed easy to obtain gear. All strong enough to quickly farm the majority of the areas spawns. As to the specific builds it is unknown to me. However at this point I don't think it matter either way. any 50 is strong enough to starfall/sunfire these mobs.

This spot is by far the best location to farm Legion BoE and gives a massive amount of raw gold through grey items. This spot it the best spot to gold cap on F2P.

Blizzard wants to be swift and instead of nerf farm spots that have been known for years they just stopped multiboxing outright. It would be far harder to fix all the instant spawn locations as well as the mechanics behind instant spawn and gathering nods. Therefore a ban on Multiboxing was green-lit. Chromie time probably wasn't factored in before the problem became evident.

Multiboxing is no longer profitable to blizzard due to wowgold being used to buy xpacs and subs they have no choice but to stop it outright. The risk of black market inflation as well as general deflation/inflation on servers economy is to risky to allow to play out without direct intervention on their part. The cost/risk/benefit analysis had to have shown a steep decline in some sort of valuable metric for them to change anything involving money. The profit from multibox wow tokens is no longer more beneficial than banning multiboxing. Therefore they banned multiboxing.

Blackmarket and WoW token both caused this problem of blizzard tolerating multiboxing It's just been a couple years in the making.
the swiftness of this change is rash, if the reason is chromie time, but anything involving money is swiftly dealt with.

Im so glad I didn't buy multiple accounts for premade bgs.
I am glad that multiboxing is going to die down. As a twink and exploiter I didn't like that multiboxing was the strongest way to play content. Though it sure did help with a handful of exploits over the years :)
I look forward to a possible inflation on crafting materials over the next year.
a player should earn good gold for their time spent farming with 1 toon.

Last edited:
wouldn't be an issue if 1 player wasn't able to make 50+ accounts for free with gold.
but since multiboxing is no longer profitable to blizzard due to wowgold being used to buy xpacs and subs they have no choice but to stop it outright.
WoW token caused this problem.
exactly !!!

curious to see a possible surge in interest in toons made specifically to farm items or gold. now that it will be feasable to farm on 1 character again and not feel like youre wasting time....

ive always liked pve twinking, my first real big twink was an insane 101 DH, then after that i farmed islands alot on 110 before coming to vets

would be cool to see alot more get into solo pve/farming twinking after it sort of died out a little mid bfa

You think Blizzard made enemies with China over the whole "Free Hong Kong" fiasco during the Hearthstone championship. Wait until China sees this.

I'll probably continue using ISBoxer until I get hit with a warning, doubtful that it'll impact me too much. Already leveled all my vets to 20 which was my primary goal w/ boxing. I've still got 15ish months on my ISBoxer subscription, sure as shit not buying Shadowlands now.

curious to see a possible surge in interest in toons made specifically to farm items or gold. now that it will be feasable to farm on 1 character again and not feel like youre wasting time....
If gold is your ultimate aim, then farming would give you the least returns, you should explore cross realm trading, bringing something from one realm and selling it in other realms, I have no problems with the farmers.. In fact I think they are good for AH business.. Farming is a dirty job, somebody got to do it, but I won't.. I make gold out of farmers

"Mirror"

have all your abilities shifted over by 1 slot on the action bar. JK that wouldn't fly if a GM caught you.

Whatever workaround players make it won't matter. It will always smell and look like a multibox whatever people figure out. if it looks like a multibox blizzard will drop a hammer.

Last edited:
no longer profitable to blizzard due to wowgold being used to buy xpacs and subs

Someone still has to buy the gold tho, for them to be able to use said gold to buy xpacs and subs. If no one spent $$$ for wowgold it would just cost millions per token instead of what, $140k in the US now? Still making $$$ on it.

A Lot of people dont seem to factor in that a company doesn’t just look at direct payment as a measurement of profit.

Trends and risk are also equally calculated into profit assessments. Multiboxing isn’t profitable for blizzard because the risk it poses now due to chromie time far outweighs the wow token profit they make.

Users who are viewing this thread