US Playing catch-up, gear help

Awesome I'll give that a shot instead haha! Did you do any other cool things while in pandaria
So far I've only really picked up the Explore Achieve for Pandaria. I've also picked up as many Flight Paths as are available to 20's in Pandaria, including making my way to Timeless Isles in order to get to the Draenor teleporter. I have tried a few things to see what's available to us and most things we can't pick up or loot, such as http://www.wowhead.com/object=210565/dark-soil or even treasure chests on Timeless Isle :( We can however pick up http://www.wowhead.com/currency=777/timeless-coin from Glinting sand piles. We can even obtain a http://www.wowhead.com/item=104272/celestial-treasure-box - lol, I just happened to be there when some 110's where killing a boss, joined in, don't know if I hit the boss but got hit myself and somehow ended up with a box - lol.
During Hallows End I also picked up all the buckets but 1 which is not available to 20's :mad:
I'll go back at some point to pick up the other Achieves in Pandaria like reading all those scrolls and stuff. At some point, I'm still exploring other areas of Azeroth so may be a while before I get back there! A few snaps from my exploration of Pandaria below (I'm a sucker for just trying to do things I shouldn't be able to do on a 20!) :-
WoWScrnShot_030316_080159.jpg
WoWScrnShot_031516_191745.jpg
WoWScrnShot_031616_162641.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071016_175506.jpg lol try working out how to get to this dude! :p
WoWScrnShot_120215_080752.jpg

Lol - I know what you mean about a corpse drag fiasco!:eek:
Something that can help ease the pain I've found is the good ol' http://www.wowhead.com/item=122124/darkmoon-cannon. And if you can get your hands on some http://www.wowhead.com/item=109076/goblin-glider-kit then it really does make things a bit easier. I know the Gliders aren't that readily available as F2P and you would want to use them sparingly but I find the Cannon - Glider combo can help you cover good distances, especially if you find a high spot to launch from!
The Cannon is a pain to obtain, but so worth it if you like exploration.

Bruh. I get round about 10 fps. On a good day.

Lemme get a new computer and ill get to work on that cannon :p

Would love to do heap of fishing but being f2p I'm maxed out at 100 fishing skill so assume wouldn't pick anything up.

edit; can fish anywhere, am catching heaps of fish. now fishing at sri-la village, gonna try get turtle mount.

Last edited:
Ok, if you are trying to get out of the Vale into other area's, I went to the western end of the Vale (near where there is some Mantis dudes) and died in a high spot near the wall. If you are high enough you may just be able to rez on top of the wall. From there run along the wall till you get to a flight path and get the flight path! You will probably die several times doing it, but once you get the first FP you're away! The rest of Pandaria is yours to explore! :)

Awesome tips from u in this thread man, thanks a lot.

I set out to get the DMF Cannon a while back based on ur comments about it but ended up abandoning that quest. Still want it though. I have gobbo jump to fall back on which can be great for traversing mountain ranges.

I thought I could recall a longgg time ago someone saying you can swim to Vashj'ir with either swim pots or the sea turtle. I had a sudden urge to unleash my turtle there with that ridiculous speed buff so I swam down the coast of Dun Morogh till what I thought was the closest point and then swam straight out to reach my destination.... only I didn't get there, and seemed to have a fair way to go before dying from fatigue. Then I released and ended up in the gy next to the Crossroads. :S

My new plan is to get a glider from bling5k, climb to the highest point on the nearby Dun Morogh mountain range (confirmed I can get there) and swiftly glide on down to the promised land, and look damn good doin it.

Lovely ss's bois.

Awesome tips from u in this thread man, thanks a lot.

I set out to get the DMF Cannon a while back based on ur comments about it but ended up abandoning that quest. Still want it though. I have gobbo jump to fall back on which can be great for traversing mountain ranges.

I thought I could recall a longgg time ago someone saying you can swim to Vashj'ir with either swim pots or the sea turtle. I had a sudden urge to unleash my turtle there with that ridiculous speed buff so I swam down the coast of Dun Morogh till what I thought was the closest point and then swam straight out to reach my destination.... only I didn't get there, and seemed to have a fair way to go before dying from fatigue. Then I released and ended up in the gy next to the Crossroads. :S

My new plan is to get a glider from bling5k, climb to the highest point on the nearby Dun Morogh mountain range (confirmed I can get there) and swiftly glide on down to the promised land, and look damn good doin it.

Lovely ss's bois.
Thanks @Pixel

With regards to Vashj'ir, I'm fairly certain I got there from what seemed the closest point off Dun Morogh. I used the Cannon + Glider then once in the water switched to my Azure Strider and walked on water all the way to Vashj'ir, but even then, I recall the fatigue hitting in and I was losing health and just before I died I came out of the fatigue area ;) You'll get out of the fatigue area actually some distance from Vashj'ir so you may have been pretty close the first time.

As a healer class, you may be able to heal through some of the fatigue? Not sure as I did it on my hunter but I've heard of one guy that healed through the fatigue to make it to Vashj'ir.

WoWScrnShot_041516_234804.jpg

WoWScrnShot_041616_002253.jpg

A few snaps from Vashj'ir ;)

I was lucky in that back then arena's were popping every few minutes, and I worked out that while swimming underwater and about to drown, if an arena popped, when you got out the arena, you would have full breath again. Some of the places are so deep you run out of breath getting there and the arena trick was saving me so often - lol. Good luck getting there and have fun exploring.:)

edit : If I were to go back now I would use http://www.wowhead.com/item=19979/hook-of-the-master-angler which I now have on my Hunter. But it's been over a year since I explored Vashj'ir and didn't have one back then.

Love the exploring screenshots

Hawky, how do you get to timeless isles from pandaria?

Also opinions; half tempted to upgrade to an actual account, half the fun for me is profs and fishing and being maxed at 100 is kinda drainer as is not being able to communicate/add people

Hawky, how do you get to timeless isles from pandaria?
Have you got access to a http://www.wowhead.com/item=46109/sea-turtle mount or something like it that will allow you to run across water mounted? It's very similar to how I described getting to Vashj'ir, only you find the point in Jade Forest that is closest and mount up across the water to get there. I was lucky in that being a Vet I had access to http://www.wowhead.com/spell=118089/azure-water-strider which I made sure I obtained before I unsub'd. I'm fairly certain it was actually easier than getting to Vashj'ir as it wasn't as far. But you'll die getting near the flight path on TI from crabs or sharks but never mind, you rez every 30 secs on the Isle so all good.

Also opinions; half tempted to upgrade to an actual account, half the fun for me is profs and fishing and being maxed at 100 is kinda drainer as is not being able to communicate/add people
Ok, this is something that needs consideration. If you plan to stay sub'd up and remaining a 20 you will have access to all professions. You will be able to get your primary professions and most secondary ones to 225, and fishing can go all the way up to 700 (without Legion and I believe you can get to 800 with Legion, though I would need someone to confirm that). But if you ever decide to unsub and become Vet, your professions will be bugged other than fishing. You won't be able to do archaeology as you can't loot fragments and your other professions will act as if they are 60 or 70 only, so apart from fishing which seems to work, all others will be gimped. You'll be worse off profession wise than if you had stayed F2P other than fishing. I'll show you some examples below :-
upload_2017-6-14_15-3-28.png
upload_2017-6-14_15-7-39.png

Everything with a lock next to it you won't have access to where a true F2P will. Though there are some profession perks :-
  1. Higher fishing makes it easier to fish at the Darkmoon Faire
  2. Having 225 First Aid, though you can't make hardly anything, you will be able to use http://www.wowhead.com/item=14529/runecloth-bandage which is the best scaling bandage for 20 - 29's
Obviously Vet's also have the same restrictions as F2P's when it comes to communication so you'll have to remain sub'd to do that effectively.
But, you also have access to better enchants and possibly better looms if you have the gold than if you stay F2P. Also bank space and Void Storage - big plus! So there are some nice perks of sub'ing up. Though I have some F2P toons, I do enjoy the perks of being Vet, so I'm quite willing to put up with the gimped professions for the sake of the additional perks ;) It's a choice you will have to make I guess. I know some people love the challenge of being pure F2P, which I get, but give me a cool transmog and I'll sell myself as a Vet any day :p

Edit : forgot to mention, Battle.net seems to work better on a Vet account than on F2P. While Vet and unsub'd, it literally works as if you are sub'd, but the moment I switch to my F2P account I can no longer see all my Battle.net friends while in game, so I guess that would help with communication.

So much information there, appreciate the effort hahah.
basically looking at it this way
Subd means;
- more out of profs
- money
- bags
- better gear
- daily quests from fishing
- AH

downsides;
- cost irl money (which isnt actually that bad)
- loose OGness of 20 f2p account
- cant think of other downsides

A few snaps from Vashj'ir ;)

Niceee.

I think the big difference between our Vashj'ir attempts is that the Strider moves over water at 160% speed (?) and the Sea Turtle swims at 107% speed, relative to stock standard running. That's until you actually get to Vashj'ir, at which point the super inspired turtle swims at 270%. ^_^

I would try the healing through fatigue method, but if I died and ended up back at the Crossroads... well that'd suck. Plus the glider idea sounds a lot more fun. I just need one. Thinking of sitting outside the wod garrison area where people used to drop bling.

Bray, if you don't particularly 'want' to remain f2p, then it probably makes sense to upgrade, even if it's only for a month. As Ice said, this unlocks bnet communication with friends which can be worth a lot, depending on how you roll.

Plus the glider idea sounds a lot more fun. I just need one. Thinking of sitting outside the wod garrison area where people used to drop bling.
The glider idea will be the cooler way to go! ;)
Sometimes I feel people purposely try their best to hide Bling in a location no one goes or right next to another daily so you miss the blue ! above it. Seriously, why do people try and hide Bling? :eek:
I'd say your main city (SW for Ally or Org for Horde) would be your best bet to find a Bling. Every now and then I see one in the Shrine city. Outside of SW or the Shrine I don't see many. I'm wondering if the new Dalaran has more Bling's in it?

Interestingly I also didn't realise the Sea Turtle was a different speed to the Azure Strider.

Haha yeah it is pretty cool! Outside of BG's I've got staff xmog'd to that big scythe.

Want lucky fishing hat for head too finish it off.

Was not aware this was possible. Can someone confirm?
It's not possible on a F2P to get the lvl 1 hats. We can't loot the items needed to hand in for rep which is required for the hats. You can do it on a higher level toon and unlock the mog that way for your 20, but on a 20 it's not possible to obtain the hats. :(

Users who are viewing this thread