@People intending to quit due to PTR

I am wondering why people are freaking out so much about the changes coming in 3.1.

Shoulder enchants - overpowered IMO. Gave people too much survivability. At 39, I thought the balance without shoulder enchants was good. With them, I saw a 4k hp arcane FC mage running around (unbuffed). Not too fair.

Not only that, it's not intended.

Profession changes - yes, I will admit, it sucks that effort to get to 450 professions being taken away is a pretty bad move by blizzard. But 450 professions in the 19/29/39/49 brackets were pretty overpowered. 2k health HoT and 500 base health on that 3.5k hp arcane mage FC (which is 4k..), or any other character, is just plain cheap.

Not only that, it's not intended.

Libram changes - I don't understand why this will do much. So it takes away some stats for everyone. This will even up BGs even more. It will make dps class's DPS go down, FC's health go down, etc. So it's just fairer to the puggers. It's not really that huge a change in stats anyways.

Leg kits - I would say people do have the right to QQ here. Leg kits balance out 39s quite nicely and allow casters to gain some well needed spell power. However, at 19, I see this as a pretty good change, and at 29 it isn't bad either. 49s are hit the hardest obviously, I understand if people are upset about this change in that bracket.

Overall I am glad blizzard is making these changes. It will make PuG games more competitive for PuG players and twinks will have to rely more on skill than anything to let them win.

19's and 29's are getting more balanced, 39's and 49's are getting less balanced.

as for
Profession changes - Not only that, it's not intended.

calling bogus on this since they uncapped it.

Just because they un-capped it doesn't mean any thing, they also forgot to put level reuqirements on a few items, and check a few dozen items which are several ilevels over the real level.

Anyone that doesn't believe in the professions being capped at 150/225/w/e. either doesn't realize the ramaifications of them, or leveled them and are pissy they had there "hard work" taken away, you took a 19...had an 80 gaurd you while you pick flowers /shrug, most people do this daily to earn money so they can do w/e they please.

The Libram thing sucks very hard.

Good bye Machine Gun Hunter : (

The Missing Librams could be balanced by the new AGM but who wants 2x AGM instead of 1x AGM and 1 x Insignia?

Well, they kinda need to add level requirements to a few dps enchants too for 39. =/

No... It'll be more balance if they add level requirements to the enchants, but I don't want it! I need my Mongoose. :'(

A level requirement of at least 30 (better 40) is needed on the AGM or we will see people dish out 20k gold to guilds just to help them to get it.

Druiddroid said:
49s are hit the hardest obviously, I understand if people are upset about this change in that bracket.

If they hadn't removed 100hp librams it'd have been fine in 49, people would have lost what, 150-200hp from legs alone but gained quite a bit in other stat departments, fair trade if you ask me!

Clothies would be getting Necromancer's Leggings or even the ones from that rare in SM graveyard, hunters and enhancies would be rocking searingscales or the lw pants, sensible rogues would be using blackstorms, etc etc.

The only downsides are the twists and turns in process, looks like burst is gonna be king, and that's not a good thing considering the damage people are dealing here, moreso for enhancement shammies, boomkins, axe specced arms warriors, dagger/hemo rogues and so on..

At the moment I can take a 4k hp mail wearer from 100% to 0% in between seven to ten seconds assuming the player does not have trinket ready and all my backstabs crit. The very same player is going to have what, 3k hp next patch? And that's only assuming bc chants aren't touched.

Bad vibe mon, bad vibe.

tweedledum said:
If they hadn't removed 100hp librams it'd have been fine in 49, people would have lost what, 150-200hp from legs alone but gained quite a bit in other stat departments, fair trade if you ask me!

Clothies would be getting Necromancer's Leggings or even the ones from that rare in SM graveyard, hunters and enhancies would be rocking searingscales or the lw pants, sensible rogues would be using blackstorms, etc etc.

The only downsides are the twists and turns in process, looks like burst is gonna be king, and that's not a good thing considering the damage people are dealing here, moreso for enhancement shammies, boomkins, axe specced arms warriors, dagger/hemo rogues and so on..

At the moment I can take a 4k hp mail wearer from 100% to 0% in between seven to ten seconds assuming the player does not have trinket ready and all my backstabs crit. The very same player is going to have what, 3k hp next patch? And that's only assuming bc chants aren't touched.

Bad vibe mon, bad vibe.
39s will be supposedly like 49s now. maybe you could find the same sort of play there?

although really, i'm not sure why 49 players play at 49 if they don't want burst. it's nothing new there :p

Fatapult said:
as for

Profession changes - Not only that, it's not intended.

calling bogus on this since they uncapped it.

my point about it being unfair still stands. a grandfathered twink with 3k hp, lay on hands, a 2k hot, its own heals, ETC, will not go down until you do upwards of 8k to 10k damage at level 19, when it is WITHOUT a healer. of course at the higher brackets its effect is diminished, but still a 2k hot vs a 900 health hot at 39? that's a big difference. it's like giving someone an extra 110 stamina every 3 minutes (if you look at it in terms of stam).

Druiddroid said:
39s will be supposedly like 49s now. maybe you could find the same sort of play there?

although really, i'm not sure why 49 players play at 49 if they don't want burst. it's nothing new there :p

it's a bit closer to what I like to think of as the real deal, level 60 pvp.. and while that's screwed at the moment, 49 is sort of a refuge. ;p

burst is good, but it shouldn't overwhelm survivability to a point where (just an example) the rogue who gets the opener wins.

I'm aware of more than just burst/an opener capable of nailing a fight, but a player should be able to turn the tables, knowing that the burst is present, but at the same time have ways to counter it, not becoming a victim of PHATNUMBERZ™

tweedledum said:
it's a bit closer to what I like to think of as the real deal, level 60 pvp.. and while that's screwed at the moment, 49 is sort of a refuge. ;p

burst is good, but it shouldn't overwhelm survivability to a point where (just an example) the rogue who gets the opener wins.

I'm aware of more than just burst/an opener capable of nailing a fight, but a player should be able to turn the tables, knowing that the burst is present, but at the same time have ways to counter it, not becoming a victim of PHATNUMBERZâ„¢

movement > phatnumberz

most burst abilities have cooldowns and are either instant melee or ranged and take cast time. awareness and movement skills can counter that.

also, at 49 there aren't ways of countering forms of burst already, at least in terms of rogues.

survivability seemed to do the trick for some time, but that's to some extent going down the drain with these changes, and clothies are going to feel it more than anyone

tweedledum said:
survivability seemed to do the trick for some time, but that's to some extent going down the drain with these changes, and clothies are going to feel it more than anyone

Actually clothies will lose 200 HP less than melee classes. So while clothies' dps may go down they should have more relative survivability.

they're losing less health from the changes, but their hp pools are already lower than what of melee characters, and with the melee burst flying around like crazy in the bracket, some degree of survivability, say.. past a certain amount of health is desired.

relying on only health to survive obviously isn't the way to roll, but it sure does help out!

eedit: but yeah, you're right ;p

You know, i often wondered one thing with the WOW player base:

How could you play WOW, and not purchase the expansion packs, or the latest expansion pack?

The answer was simple as soon as I got into the scene: Twinking.

Quite a few of my guildmates don't have wrath, and some don't even have BC, they keep WOW to twink. Awesome for them!

But Blizzard is a money machine, and they are attacking this in the most straightforward way they can, by making the most powerful twink in any bracket, the twink with the most BOA items ONLY attainable through their latest expansion. Can you say money hungry!?s

Which is a sad sad day. My 29 hunter will be sitting at 1700 hp, 400 atk power, 20% crit, AFTER all these nerfs with my BOA items, no BC or wrath enchants, no librams. I actually don't even play him that much now cause he's op enough, but after this? screw it, how boring.

Just my 2 cents.

No Mojo said:
Actually clothies will lose 200 HP less than melee classes. So while clothies' dps may go down they should have more relative survivability.

One would think... but as stated their health is already much lower. My warrior has 4.9K health while my friend's twink mage has 2.5K health, so lets assume the 3.1 changes go in as they are now.

I'll lose 400 from legs, 300 from shoulders, 100 from helm for a total of 800 health. That's ~16% of my health gone putting me at 4.1K.

My friend loses 300 from legs and 300 from shoulders (his head 'chant is 8 Int, or gonna be when I apply it for him :p) for a total of 600 health. That's 24% of his health gone putting him at 1.9K.

So while he loses less raw health, he's losing a larger percentage. Furthermore you have to consider one's survivability threshold.

For example, in a few seconds I can personally deal about 2K damage with ease... and that includes two stuns (Charge and Concussion Blow). If another Prot Warrior did that to me, I'd still have half my health pool and that assumes I didn't block anything and I was sitting in Battle stance.

Now let's look at my mage friend. He's frost, so he has an Ice Barrier that absorbs about 700 damage. So presuming that's up (as it should be), some Prot Warrior like myself runs in and whips him for 2K health. Minus the Ice Barrier that means -1.3K health putting him at 600 health. That ain't much to polish off after the inital burst damage.

And that's using my damage output, I know there's Shamans or Hunters or Rogues or others out there that can top my burst damage.

he needs more stamina gear or something. my 39 mage is an FC :)

the difference between max stam on a warrior and max stam on a mage isn't that much different. they both scale at 1 stam = 10 hp.

Druiddroid said:
he needs more stamina gear or something. my 39 mage is an FC :)

the difference between max stam on a warrior and max stam on a mage isn't that much different. they both scale at 1 stam = 10 hp.

True, he could stack more stam... but gearing is different between classes. He could try and grind out some Dark Iron Rings of Stamina, but I'd imagine most mages would prefer SP/Crit/Intellect for DPS.

As a Warrior, well Stam just kinda comes with a lot of my gear.

Anid_Maro said:
True, he could stack more stam... but gearing is different between classes. He could try and grind out some Dark Iron Rings of Stamina, but I'd imagine most mages would prefer SP/Crit/Intellect for DPS.

As a Warrior, well Stam just kinda comes with a lot of my gear.

either he can live with having to roll with the punches, or sacrafice some DPS for survivability.

it's not like mages can't blink and mana shield anyways xD

Users who are viewing this thread