Patch 5.2 reloaded (20-24)

Druid
-Growl now requires Bear Form because it no longer activates the form.
-The 70% haste after the Druid casts Swiftmend is due to Soul of the Forest so you can delete it.
Mage
-Since Scorch isn't enable anymore, I think you can delete the mana cost change.
-Frostbolt already deals 24% more damage and now damage and SP scaling increased by 23%. 1.24*1.23 = 1.52% so now deals 52% more damage !
Paladin
-We never got Hand of sacrifice at our level, the lvl 80 requires is not a change.
Priest
-You can delete "Flash Heal heals for 20% less for shadow." it's now for every priest but compensated by the new passive for disc/holy.
-Power word: Shield has been increased by 25% for disc/holy.
-Holy Fire is now an instant cast ability.
Warrior
-Deep wounds requires lvl 32, no change for us here.

Thanks Dax ! Can get careless sometimes , deep wounds blunder made me chuckle , confused it with some bleed effects warriors used to have in Cata , I think it was based on damage done, can't recall the name.

Thanks Dax ! Can get careless sometimes , deep wounds blunder made me chuckle , confused it with some bleed effects warriors used to have in Cata , I think it was based on damage done, can't recall the name.

R.I.P Rend - was based on weapon damage btw

Frostbolt healing and SP scaling increased by 23%.
Seems to be the only change concerning Frostbolt on ptr notes right now or am I missing something ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Frostbolt : "causing [ 1,301 + 125% of Spell Power ] Frost damage" vs. Frostbolt : "causing [ 1,988 + 191% of Spell Power ] Frost damage". It's more than 23% !
It is still only the scaling though, it does not actually increase your damage by that amount.

Quick update , classes getting buffed all over , all warlock specs get damage boost , hunters too , SP get buffed again , interesting damage buff for Assassination Rogues and overpower now reduces mortal strike cooldown !

Check these changes and more in detail over on first page they are highlighted in bold :p

naturalist: This new passive learned at level 10 by restoration druids increases all healing done by the druid by 10%.

balance
starfire damage and sp scaling increased by 9%.
starsurge damage and sp scaling increased by 9%.

shadowform increases damage by 25%, up from 20%. mind blast base damage and sp scaling increased by 20%.

reduced damage of bloodthirst and raging blow by 10%.

Nice job Blizz.

[*]Warlock
  • The Imp ability Blood Pact has been removed.
    [*]Soul Fire damage +22%.
    [*]Shadow Bolt and Wild Imp Firebolt +15% damage.
  • Soul Leech now provides an absorption shield instead of healing.
  • Affliction
    • Unstable Affliction’s backlash effect is now always a critical hit and deals approximately 15% more damage.
    • Glyph of Soul Shards has been removed and its effects are now baseline for Affliction Warlocks
  • Demonology
    • Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowflame +15% damage.
  • Destruction

• [*]Conflagrate and Immolate damage +20%.
      [*]Incinerate damage +10%.

• idk, over the board buff may means everything just die slightly quicker.
    and
    Soul fire +22% vs Shadowbolt +15% or Incinerate +10%
    does this mean soud fire(longer cast time) have equal or "slightly" better damage with shadow bolt/incerate(shorter cast time)?
    soul leech is an interesting change, how long its cd?

Why didn't Ret Paladins get buffed in DPS? They are pathetic in both pve and pvp. Only Exorcism does decent damage at higher level.

Blizz see palys more as a burst class. or they just wanna nerf it it to the ground so that silly warriors and other dmg classes wont whine so much.

Users who are viewing this thread