Paid Accounts with level 20 twinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japon

Legend
I just saw this today for the first time, and wondered if anyone else had come across it. It was a paid account choosing to stop XP gain at level 20 rather than 24. I'm not sure I understand why anyone would want to do this. The only thing that I can think of is that he would show up as a level 20 to enemies, who may mistake him for a starter account and be lured into a fight they were not expecting.

The extremely annoying thing about this player, however, was that he pretended to be a starter account, even to our own team in chat. He would brag about having more damage than 'paid account' 24s, and would scold the rest of us starter accounts. It really was quite strange, I'm not sure if he realized we could all see the green glow on his weapons!

I just saw this today for the first time, and wondered if anyone else had come across it. It was a paid account choosing to stop XP gain at level 20 rather than 24. I'm not sure I understand why anyone would want to do this.

Some paid accounts do want to enjoy the F2P experience and voluntarily cap at 20. But it's weird that he do that and then use P2P enchants that are unavailable to F2P.

You don't know who's #1 Universe .... That's for sure... and yes there are players with p2p accounts that want to feel the real challenge . In your case it's a p2p lev 20 twink.... with p2p enchants... he's not the only one.. I saw a few on eu servers too, but they are not acting like that ... =))

Last edited by a moderator:
You can tell most of the time whos p2p by some of the enchants/gear they have. If you do alot of pugs then you will more than likely run into a p2p who chooses to cap at 20. I see it sometimes myself, as for why they do it, the reasons can vary.

The most recent 20 I've seen with P2P enchants, etc. I believe he used to be F2P
Humantrafikr @ Scilla - Game Guide - World of Warcraft

Ive actually encountered him several times, hes actually pretty good, not just your normal keyboard turning hunter. but as stated earlier people do this for a multitude of reasons. some p2ps want to give themselves the same handicaps as the f2p players while some just do it because of whatever

i think stat scaling at level 20 for certain classes with heirloom cloak/helm and enchants would be much more fun -- This is really class dependent. Granted at 24 you get an extra ability but imo it's mostly a diaper for being a bad player. But I personally would rather twink in other brackets on my retail account. OWAIT, i do

There's two reasons people might do it, and both have been mentioned, to go under the radar, or for the challenge. It's also possible he loves hunters so much, but dislikes how underpowered hunters are and... Nevermind.

Haha :) This thread made me smile.

For a second there I thought you were talking about me until you got to part of him lying! Wtf lol. Ive only seen one other p2p level 20. My p2p is capped at 20 because, well, I just want to. But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna do what twinks do. :p My p2p 20 does have the higher end enchants. Im so sick of people asking me why I dont go to 24 though. Nunya!

I enjoy the simplicity and fun of low level bgs so I have some f2p 20's in the works as well. I most likely wont be renewing my sub when it expires this time. Plenty of fun to be had in WSG! :)

There's two reasons people might do it, and both have been mentioned, to go under the radar, or for the challenge. It's also possible he loves hunters so much, but dislikes how underpowered hunters are and... Nevermind.

That's actually funny, because he was a hunter. He was an orc hunter with the rifle eye patch that is only available to alliance characters. So that makes him extra lame, IMO, because he paid to transfer his account in order to pretend to be a starter account.

If you're planning on dropping your sub and going F2P, use what's left of your account to boost your F2Ps.

Hmm? What do you mean? There's no way to send anything to a f2p. Unless there's something I dont know? I didnt even know about f2p until a month ago.

Get gear, rep, pets, FPs etc. Obviously only if you're into that kind of thing. If you only plan to PvP and don't care about the rest of it then that's not important.

Get gear, rep, pets, FPs etc. Obviously only if you're into that kind of thing. If you only plan to PvP and don't care about the rest of it then that's not important.

I still don't understand. How can I use a paid account to boost those things for my f2p when I cant mail, trade, nada? I will most certainly be collecting things on my f2p, though. Im so sad I missed the Valentine event for Flamingo, though. His pet was gonna be the pink strider :( Pair that with the Swift Lovebird = win. Idgaf if its useless utility wise for pvp perks, its funny. And pink. As if hunters need another cc anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread