Oh question

I have serious doubts about a proc enchant offhand doing more damage than a static enchant. More than likely what happened was 1-2 people posted some numbers that they claimed were valid math, and the rest of the battlegroup accepted it as gospel.

Falaris said:
I have serious doubts about a proc enchant offhand doing more damage than a static enchant. More than likely what happened was 1-2 people posted some numbers that they claimed were valid math, and the rest of the battlegroup accepted it as gospel.

do some math yourself then

tell us what EVERY person in the battlegroup has missed

Omgimarogue said:
do some math yourself then

tell us what EVERY person in the battlegroup has missed

Not every, far from it. You speak like this is unanimous, its not. Honestly I could care less what you believe. I dont live to better you at pvp. If you want to use CB great, if you dont, thats great too. Ill use the better weapon, and continue outperforming full BoA/fishing/225 herbs with my half-assed 19.

Falaris said:
Not every, far from it. You speak like this is unanimous, its not. Honestly I could care less what you believe. I dont live to better you at pvp. If you want to use CB great, if you dont, thats great too. Ill use the better weapon, and continue outperforming full BoA/fishing/225 herbs with my half-assed 19.

Your terrible weapon is not why you beat full twinks. It's your skill.

And you act like the TB allows you to destroy full BoA geared twinks. Relax, CB is better than TB, but it's not like it makes that much of a difference, regardless. A full twink with equal skill as a half-assed twink will win. You'll continue to win from skill, not gear.

Falaris said:
Yet you still havent really proven that CB is better than TB, hmm....

Yes I have. Read the page prior to this one (or was it 2 prior?)

iaccidentallytwink said:
Yes I have. Read the page prior to this one (or was it 2 prior?)

Went back a couple pages to make sure, you havent actually shown it anywhere. You said you did some calculations, but havent actually substantiated anything. Just saying that something is a certain way doesnt actually make it so.

Also, even if your calculations are correct, and CB provides .4 dps over TB, its still inferior when you factor in sharpening stones, which benefit alot more from a faster weapon.

Falaris said:
Went back a couple pages to make sure, you havent actually shown it anywhere. You said you did some calculations, but havent actually substantiated anything. Just saying that something is a certain way doesnt actually make it so.

Also, even if your calculations are correct, and CB provides .4 dps over TB, its still inferior when you factor in sharpening stones, which benefit alot more from a faster weapon.

I did the calculations.

Yes, my math does show a .4 DPS difference (if your DPS is ~50, it's a bigger difference otherwise [in favor of CB]).

Yes, you're totally right about the stones. TB becomes a beastly weapon in WSG if you use +4 stones, you're 100% right about that.

In WSG, I completely agree that TB rapes if you put a stone on it.

But in Arenas you don't have that advantage, so I believe CB wins there.

Quelfep said:
So are you going to let me fund u some twinks or what?

ur gild is ded :'(. I started some 10's on Mannoroth! XFER UR ITEMZ ND JOIN UZ!

iaccidentallytwink said:
I did the calculations.

Yes, my math does show a .4 DPS difference (if your DPS is ~50, it's a bigger difference otherwise [in favor of CB]).

Yes, you're totally right about the stones. TB becomes a beastly weapon in WSG if you use +4 stones, you're 100% right about that.

In WSG, I completely agree that TB rapes if you put a stone on it.

But in Arenas you don't have that advantage, so I believe CB wins there.

Not trolling here, Im honestly confused. You call TB trash the entire time, then when I mention sharpening stones you respond with 'it becomes a beastly weapon'? There was never any difference mentioned between wsg and arena in all of the analysis youve given until this point. If sharpening stones put TB over the top, and every rogue SHOULD be using stones (no reason at all not to in wsg for 19s), then TB is CLEARLY the better weapon PERIOD for wsg.

As for arena, arena is a totally different dynamic than warsong gulch. We've already (it seems) come to the conclusion that i was right about TB in warsong gulch, its just the better weapon. Its better in arena for different reasons. Arena is much more survivability-oriented. The crit/dodge from 7 agility is MUCH more relevant in arena than it would be in a warsong situation. Rogues shouldnt be focused 100% on damage-dealing in a 2v2 or 3v3 situation (although its feasible for 5v5s).

So I guess it started with 'TB is a trash weapon, and CB is strictly better', to 'TB is better in WSG, 2v2, and 3v3, but in some scenarios CB is better in 5v5s'.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the defense rests.

iaccidentallytwink said:

That's a real slap in the face to me and everyone else in Wild snorlax. I know some people in the guild are still interested in twinking. I think it would be plenty easier to bring all of the ppl on Manno to trollbane. Think about it: it might spark an interest in the other twinks. Many of them are on TI. Just consider it. Also, I want to be the one to fund your 19. After that, I might even fund noobietwink if he can show me he is any good.

Quelfep said:
That's a real slap in the face to me and everyone else in Wild snorlax. I know some people in the guild are still interested in twinking. I think it would be plenty easier to bring all of the ppl on Manno to trollbane. Think about it: it might spark an interest in the other twinks. Many of them are on TI. Just consider it. Also, I want to be the one to fund your 19. After that, I might even fund noobietwink if he can show me he is any good.

GG's today, you were in my first 2 warsongs I did. Its pretty tough with 1k hp and no herb, but I had a fun time.

iaccidentallytwink said:

Falaris said:
GG's today, you were in my first 2 warsongs I did. Its pretty tough with 1k hp and no herb, but I had a fun time.

Yes it sucks baaaaalls. As soon as I get that hat, I am going to drop engineering so fast. I made the sad mistake of getting mining before herbalism. But thanks :)

Quelfep said:

If you can fully fund my 10 I'll level to 10 tonight. Can you run me for quests/gears?

Falaris said:
Not trolling here, Im honestly confused. You call TB trash the entire time, then when I mention sharpening stones you respond with 'it becomes a beastly weapon'? There was never any difference mentioned between wsg and arena in all of the analysis youve given until this point. If sharpening stones put TB over the top, and every rogue SHOULD be using stones (no reason at all not to in wsg for 19s), then TB is CLEARLY the better weapon PERIOD for wsg.

As for arena, arena is a totally different dynamic than warsong gulch. We've already (it seems) come to the conclusion that i was right about TB in warsong gulch, its just the better weapon. Its better in arena for different reasons. Arena is much more survivability-oriented. The crit/dodge from 7 agility is MUCH more relevant in arena than it would be in a warsong situation. Rogues shouldnt be focused 100% on damage-dealing in a 2v2 or 3v3 situation (although its feasible for 5v5s).

So I guess it started with 'TB is a trash weapon, and CB is strictly better', to 'TB is better in WSG, 2v2, and 3v3, but in some scenarios CB is better in 5v5s'.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the defense rests.

TB is not better than CB in arenas. It's true that the dodge does matter more, but the extra DPS still put CB over the top compared to TB. The extra DPS is worth way more than a minimal amount of dodge. CB+LS is better than TB+15.

iaccidentallytwink said:
If you fully fund my 10 I'll level to 10 tonight. Can you run me for quests/gears?

deal.I'm at my dads ATM and there is no wow here. Whatcha gonna make? Also, what's your name gonna be?

Falaris said:
Amidoinrite?

That's exactly what you did in your response brah.

Quelfep said:
deal.I'm at my dads ATM and there is no wow here. Whatcha gonna make? Also, what's your name gonna be?

I'm making a ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss and calling it Thirk.

iaccidentallytwink said:
I'm making a ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss and calling it Thirk.

K sounds good.I'll get you the 1 ring and a bandit chest and a buckskin cape, as well as an in inv to the guild first thing tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread